SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

28 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

what i hate is the trolls on social media

most of them are fans of teams either we beat, didn't make the playoffs ...or both

I have that issue right here at work: my students. 7th graders can be particularly brutal and pile on. So far so good today, though. My worst one will be out until Friday! Must have gotten the flu over the weekend. I'll take that with a lot of gratitude! :D

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Man, I start training for a new job and I barely slept.

j will say, I feel a lot better about everything going forward compared to Harbaugh and other teams that have lost. But so many teams have faded into obscurity after losing the SB. I don’t think we’ll be one d tbem, but that’s really up to the coaches and players and how they respond. This chiefs team was/could be all-time great and Reid is a HOfer coach. 

I just hate feeling like we lost a game and didn’t put our best foot forward. It was within reach.

facts
If we resign key players and draft well we'll be right back in it

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I have that issue right here at work: my students. 7th graders can be particularly brutal and pile on. So far so good today, though. My worst one will be out until Friday! Must have gotten the flu over the weekend. I'll take that with a lot of gratitude! :D

bruh I teach too.
the funny thing is these kids are going to try to clown me but they're all fans of teams we roasted like GB 
or worse ...they're cowboy fans so I got em

if they keep it up...there's gonna be a pop quiz

30 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think it's premature to start doing that to Shanahan. The 49ers played 54 minutes of winning football and lost it in the last 6 minutes. That's a huge issue with the coaching staff for sure. But this is his first Super Bowl as a HC, so not sure how you can say he feels like Reid.

Of course you can never safely predict that, just how it feels a bit right now, in the negative mood the day after. Second time in the Super Bowl where his offense completely stalled in the 4th quarter whereas the opponents fully delivered.

51 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

what i hate is the trolls on social media

most of them are fans of teams either we beat, didn't make the playoffs ...or both

Can't stand them. They are trashing both Kyle and Jimmy. If you see Jimmy's post game, he was humble and accepted the loss. It's not like he was Cam Newton being a baby....

There was going to be a team that didn't t win and of course things you wish you could take back. Great year...come back hungry....

I will avoid social media and the shows today...in a week it will be over and we move on. 

9 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

I will avoid social media and the shows today...in a week it will be over and we move on. 

yep. Smart to avoid, if that sort of thing bothers you. 

The only thing that would have been really lousy is if they had somehow mopped the floor with us all night.. or if we had some critical player injury in a loss. Neither happened. Chiefs know we let em off the hook. A few things just didn't go our way in an exciting game. Sucks, but nbd. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John232 said:

Man, I start training for a new job and I barely slept.

j will say, I feel a lot better about everything going forward compared to Harbaugh and other teams that have lost. But so many teams have faded into obscurity after losing the SB. I don’t think we’ll be one d tbem, but that’s really up to the coaches and players and how they respond. This chiefs team was/could be all-time great and Reid is a HOfer coach. 
Edit: this feels closer to the broncos losing to the hawks than like the Bears or Panthers losing and never getting back to that level. The most important aspects of why we won this year aren’t going to be leaving anytime soon.

I just hate feeling like we lost a game and didn’t put our best foot forward. It was within reach.

FISSION MAILED. But the 49ers will still be ticking for a couple more years barring significant injury to key players. The NFL is so funny. The 49ers could have a more dominant team next season, and lose in the first round of the playoffs, or have a worse team and win it all. The NFC West will be competitive with the cornerstone QBs, and the Saints and Packers are on the docket along with the AFC/NFC East. I think Jimmy will have a better year, but I really hope they focus on getting a vertical threat to help him. For defense, tag Armstead, let Ward go if you have to and draft a 1st round safety like McKinney (unless you trust Moore to take over) or corner since Sherman is getting up there in age. Maybe OT if Staley retires unless they like Brunskill to take over. I'm anxious to see what Jalen Hurd and Tim Harris can do. Trent Taylor might come back so that can help, but like I said I still want someone with some speed to take the top off since Goodwin is dead man walking. Also, I hope Kyle changes his thinking in terms of always wanting to end the first half with the ball. It bit him in the Ravens game, and it bit him here. Every situation/opponent is different, and he shouldn't have a rock solid philosophy like that. You gotta play to win the game instead of playing not to lose it. 

I'm already starting to get over it. It will just suck hearing all of the "I told you so" takes all offseason. Regardless, 49ers should still be in the mix for a little while. 

pWUzlFl.gif

19 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

yep. Smart to avoid, if that sort of thing bothers you. 

The only thing that would have been really lousy is if they had somehow mopped the floor with us all night.. or if we had some critical player injury in a loss. Neither happened. Chiefs know we let em off the hook. A few things just didn't go our way in an exciting game. Sucks, but nbd. 

actually its a pretty big deal to choke away a 10 pt lead in the 4th qtr of a SB but whatever helps you sleep!

I think we're set up for sustained success, which makes me feel better for the future. Team is talented, deep, overcame a ton of injuries this year, drafts relatively well, develops players relatively well, so that bodes for future success.

But it hurts to get this far and not win it. An each season is its own thing. Who knows, one year we might have terrible luck with turnovers. Maybe the NFC is gona have a lot of competitive teams another year. Etc. It might be a few years before we get back, and even then who knows if we'll win or lose it next time. Andy Reid is one of the best coaches ever and it took him 20 years to win a SB. 

It was a fun season though, there were a lot of great memories. Wish it ended differently, but thats life...

• Like 1

Went back and watched the 4th quarter. And there were some twitter breakdowns, but Jimmy really missed Kittle a few times and had a pass batted down that was going to go for BIG YARDS. I mean it had a chance if he got past Honey Badger, to go all the way. Jones was too disruptive. Shanny should have adjusted and moved Kittle to the other side of the alignment. Jones legitimately just stopped rushing at times and was just waiting for Jimmy to pass it over his head and would get his hand on the ball. Maybe Jimmy could have used a quick pump fake? I don't know, but that was a complete game changer. Shanny called the right plays and his #1 option was open every single time. And then Jimmy missed Sanders over the top. All the passes that Jimmy made in crunch time all season he just missed them last night at the worst time. He has the mental makeup where he won't let it linger, but he needs to learn from this and get better. His knee should be stronger next season and he should be able to trust his arm/knee throwing outside the numbers. Makes it a bit too predictable at times and teams know where he wants to go with the ball. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I think we're set up for sustained success, which makes me feel better for the future. Team is talented, deep, overcame a ton of injuries this year, drafts relatively well, develops players relatively well, so that bodes for future success.

But it hurts to get this far and not win it. An each season is its own thing. Who knows, one year we might have terrible luck with turnovers. Maybe the NFC is gona have a lot of competitive teams another year. Etc. It might be a few years before we get back, and even then who knows if we'll win or lose it next time. Andy Reid is one of the best coaches ever and it took him 20 years to win a SB. 

It was a fun season though, there were a lot of great memories. Wish it ended differently, but thats life...

Yes, that is life. And now it's time to binge The Naked Director on Netflix.