SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

10 hours ago, Forge said:

46-0 in the fourth quarter of two games.... Just ouch

What responsibility do the defenses have in it? 46 points......put on the shoulders of a guy who was the offensive play caller in one game and the HC and offensive play caller in another. He bears some responsibility in this one, but in the Falcons game it falls on the defense. They couldn't stop a thing with a 25 point lead.

Just now, clarkfn2284 said:

What responsibility do the defenses have in it? 46 points......put on the shoulders of a guy who was the offensive play caller in one game and the HC and offensive play caller in another. He bears some responsibility in this one, but in the Falcons game it falls on the defense. They couldn't stop a thing with a 25 point lead.

A ton...particularly in the Atlanta / NE game, and he's unfairly criticized for that portion of it. But it doesn't matter which way you slice it, those are some poor optics. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

The minute Marlon said this Deion came out and said he can't say those things. Especially when HE was the one looking at the back of the guys numbers. He has to walk into that locker room. Just can't do those things.

Hmm...yeah I don't care what Deion says as he's had some ****ty takes on many things in the past. Regardless, like I said, players use the same label themselves. Marlon wasn't the first, and he won't be the last. 

Edited by PapaShogun

2 hours ago, gopackgo247 said:

actually its a pretty big deal to choke away a 10 pt lead in the 4th qtr of a SB but whatever helps you sleep!

Brother, I slept fine. I don't get paid to play these games. Those guys are the ones that have to live through it. Anything we feel as fans is felt 100x over by those guys. I have more important things in life and as someone who has competed at different levels and coaches this day I have seen my fair share of success and heartbreak on a playing field. These things are trivial and choking is not a thing in sports. It's the 1% vs the 1% and they are all unbelievably great at what they do. Someone has to win and someone has to lose.  

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

A ton...particularly in the Atlanta / NE game, and he's unfairly criticized for that portion of it. But it doesn't matter which way you slice it, those are some poor optics. 

Yes, but sensible fans can see past the optics. He has ghosts, warranted or not, but anyone with sense can see what occurred.

21 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Hmm...yeah I don't care what Deion says as he's had some ****ty takes on many things in the past. Regardless, like I said, players use the same label themselves. Marlon wasn't the first, and he won't be the last. 

Still shouldn't say it. Marlon has to step into a room with a group of guys that he called chokers. Odds are very good that he is looked at differently by people in that locker room. Sherman is the prime example of it. Last night he made it clear. "We just didn't execute and make plays when we needed to." Then he pointed the finger at himself. "I have to be better and I will be." That is how you handle these things. 

7 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Still shouldn't say it. Marlon has to step into a room with a group of guys that he called chokers. Odds are very good that he is looked at differently by people in that locker room. Sherman is the prime example of it. Last night he made it clear. "We just didn't execute and make plays when we needed to." Then he pointed the finger at himself. "I have to be better and I will be." That is how you handle these things. 

Weird. He has no problem telling the opposition they choked when it suits him.

Image result for Richard Sherman choke

But oh, him and his band of merry men are above reproach of getting called the same thing? K. 

Edited by PapaShogun

Here is the thing I never get, folks are always too worried about who gets the blame or who should get the blame. That's all just noise. They are ALL to blame and in the end all it matters is we came up short. You can criticize certain aspects of the game but the blame game never makes any sense to me. 

18 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Great season none the less guys. You have a brilliant team and I can only see you getting stronger and building from this. 

TY sir. Definitely feels disappointing right now but the season was so much fun and loved the way these boys played and competed on a weekly basis! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Here is the thing I never get, folks are always too worried about who gets the blame or who should get the blame. That's all just noise. They are ALL to blame and in the end all it matters is we came up short. You can criticize certain aspects of the game but the blame game never makes any sense to me. 

TY sir. Definitely feels disappointing right now but the season was so much fun and loved the way these boys played and competed on a weekly basis! 

Agree. Look in the mirror and own your mistakes that is it. Get better and learn. It's all you can do. People who don't get that have to label it or look for the blame.

19 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Weird. He has no problem telling the opposition they choked when it suits him.

Image result for Richard Sherman choke

But oh, him and his band of merry men are above reproach of getting called the same thing? K. 

Come on guy, you know he is an antagonist. Let's not act like he would do this to his guys. You are better than this.

4 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Agree. Look in the mirror and own your mistakes that is it. Get better and learn. It's all you can do. People who don't get that have to label it or look for the blame.

Some were saying "Oh I know Jimmy is going to get all the blame and it's not fair or Shanahan is going to get killed but shouldn't" but really who cares? What does that change? Bring up the relevant facts and proper criticism and hope they grow from it. So with Jimmy, he needs to work on his deep ball, his pocket presence and being better throwing outside the hashes and cleaning up the poor decisions. Shanahan needs to work on his game management skills and needs to be more aggressive in spots. All valid! Now let's hope these two along with the rest of the team are able to improve on their flaws. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some were saying "Oh I know Jimmy is going to get all the blame and it's not fair or Shanahan is going to get killed but shouldn't" but really who cares? What does that change? Bring up the relevant facts and proper criticism and hope they grow from it. So with Jimmy, he needs to work on his deep ball, his pocket presence and being better throwing outside the hashes and cleaning up the poor decisions. Shanahan needs to work on his game management skills and needs to be more aggressive in spots. All valid! Now let's hope these two along with the rest of the team are able to improve on their flaws. 

Yeah, the good thing is that it appears that both of these guys and the team in general has established that they have the right mental make up to bounce back. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Seriously. Don't hide from it...OWN IT and work on becoming better from it. That's what's wrong with society today imo. Its ok to be critical and demand better. As long as you're not berrating and belittling guys.

Bill Walsh was drugged by his own owner and the media in the 80's the few times his very talented teams **** the bed. He always bounced back, learned from it and was a better leader for it. 

Edited by 757-NINER