SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I didn't see an overarching problem with Moseley's play tonight, tbh.

It’s not Mosey per se, and I still want us to make IOL a priority if there’s a player there. Same for tackle, but speed in the secondary is needed imo. Sherman was great this year, but I want us to be able to not play ******* zone all the god damn time. 

1 minute ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

What happened to the run game? That one drive we shoved it down their throats. We quit after that, what's that about? I feel like Shanny gets too cute with plays for his own good sometimes. Just stick to what's working.

hindsight, I'd think... idk

Can't ever have enough good corners so not mad if we go in that direction in round one. But honestly just have to see how we approach free agency.

Jimmy will need to make strides and get better. He was good but there's another step he can take and we need him to take that step. Year two after the ACL surgery is when a player really gets back to form.

Saleh and Shanny need to learn why they can't quite close the deal.

Super excited to see Bosa fully unleashed next year and become a perennial DPOY candidate.

Just have to hope we get another crack at this and stay healthy. 

Oh well, was a fun season and enjoyed it very much so. Just really disappointed right now. Not even angry, just disappointed. 

2012 I was devastated but don't have that feeling this time around. 

1 minute ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

What happened to the run game? That one drive we shoved it down their throats. We quit after that, what's that about? I feel like Shanny gets too cute with plays for his own good sometimes. Just stick to what's working.

We still ran it. 

The last drive we opened with a run. Then the false start forced us to pass, then we went pass x4... Which I'm not sure about. 

First drive in 4th quarter was two runs, three passes. After first, it was one yard run, incomplete pass, penalty, third and long. 

Second drive was run, pass, pass. This is the one you can probably question. 5 yard run, then two incompletes. Not awful though. 

Third drive was the first one I mentioned. So a little game flow involved

5 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I don't think we stopped going to the run or anything. Just couldn't get first downs to sustain drives allowing for more runs. 

• Like 1

Damn, it hasn't really hit me yet how close we were. 

We had this so close but we didn't get the ball to our best players enough when we needed to move the chains. Kittle needed double the targets. Mostert needed more touches (especially with the lead), Jimmy cant have those 4/5 balls batted/tipped at the line, and the chiefs receivers made Sherm look silly. 

Everywhere else I felt the niners executed and played hard, I'm proud of this team and the season. But those are the key takeaways for me. 

• Like 1

Chris Jones really wrecked the game and we struggled dealing with great interior DL all season long. If we trade back from the first round, we can address this and then take BPA.

Really hope Armstead returns. Our front is so special. Up until the end they really wrecked a OL that hardly gives up any sacks.