SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

11 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

49er fans, great game, and great season. You guys will be around and relevant for a good while. Lot of great players on that team, and more importantly, you have the structure up top to keep getting and training great players (Lynch and Shanahan are incredibly impressive individuals.) Shanny has his superbowl demons, but if Reid can learn after his long career, I've got no doubt Shanahan can too.

Great season, hope for a rematch in a year or two ;)

Classy move. Classy fanbase (except for a few individuals, but overall you guys are cool). 

Happy for you! Enjoy it!! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some of the comments under any Jimmy G quote are disgusting. Sure the loss sucks but grown folks acting like clowns is hilarious to see. 

Yeah as I get older these gms while always tough don't hit me like they did in the past. These fans are bad but grown men/women acting like that to kids in college is even worse. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

At least you guys can root on Alex Smith in the SB. I think the Redskin roster is way better than people think, Rivera great coach, and Smith will win CBPOTY. This team was 6-2 with Smith before injury with a worse roster and Jay Gruden. 

Redskins are my “out of no where” team like Niners this year and Eagles 2017. I mean, I know 49ers exactly weren’t out of no where but their Vegas O/U was 8. 

Naw can't root for Alex. Too much history there...lol

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Congrats my man, you guys deserved it! 

So on to next season, these are the early betting odds: 

Not sure why KC isn't #1, but anticipating Brady goes to LAC eh? I mean certainly a talented team, especially if they can stay healthy for once. 

I'd assume KC isn't #1 because most people would bet against a repeat.

13 minutes ago, sherm said:

Kyle gonna have to eat this one but I can't stand how people act like he was the HC of the Falcons. Some how Dan Quinn had gotten a free pass and all the blame has been placed at the feet of Kyle. Sure he has part of the blame but the current Falcons players and HC haven't exactly proven it was all Kyle.

DQ was not given a free pass. This superbowl loss is brought up in nearly every primetime game with his name attached to it.

Now Kyle was THE reason ATL got to the Superbowl but he was also the biggest reason why they also lost. His play calling from late in the 3rd on was some of the worst I've seen considering game situation. His 2nd down play call after the Julio Jones catch that set ATL up for an easy FG was the WORST call ever IMO. 

Watching this game I felt he called a great game. He set up Jimmy G for some easy throws that even if he connects on one of them you guys are most likely Superbowl champs. The Chiefs were stacking the box in that 4th Q and it wasn't like you guys could just run out the clock like the Falcons could have in 16. This game falls on Jimmy G and the defense for that 3rd and 15 throw. At the same time you guys went up against and insanely stacked offense with who I think will be the best QB of all time when it's all said and done.

Good thing is Shanny is a genius and will have you guys back in time. Tough loss but time will heal everything. Trust me.

Edited by jarren
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, sherm said:

Yeah as I get older these gms while always tough don't hit me like they did in the past. These fans are bad but grown men/women acting like that to kids in college is even worse. 

Exactly, as you get older the losses feel different. That's why it is embarrassing how some grown folks are acting. It's fine to be upset and disappointing, but what they are doing is just stupid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

No, this is NOT on the defense. This was arguably the worst game of Mahomes career because of the defense. At least Bottom 3-4. Defense did a great job slowing him down and getting two turnovers. Niners were not winning this game without AT LEAST 27 points. And that last TD was garbage time.

How is the last TD garbage time? They were down 4 with 3 timeouts. Get a stop, make them kick the FG and you get it back down 7. You aren't even sure of what you are saying. 

39 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

49er fans, great game, and great season. You guys will be around and relevant for a good while. Lot of great players on that team, and more importantly, you have the structure up top to keep getting and training great players (Lynch and Shanahan are incredibly impressive individuals.) Shanny has his superbowl demons, but if Reid can learn after his long career, I've got no doubt Shanahan can too.

Great season, hope for a rematch in a year or two ;)

Darn. I wish you had taken the attitude of "HAHAHA CHIEFS WON 49ERS LOST YOU SUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK" lmao