SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Concerns: JImmy G. This just feels awfully close to a Dalton.Flacco situation. Thin line. Greater concern; Money We have a lot of talent that;s cheap right now. We’re going to be making very hard choices soon and furthermore, we’re aging a bit ion the backend of our defense. Sherman, Ward, Tarth are all close to the end of their deals. Even with Spoon and Eman, we’re going to probably see some serious turnover there. We also have the offensive line and receivers with some potential turnover. 

I’m just so mad man. I am so mad. We are so close and just choked it away. 

Hate the term choke. These guys are playing elite level talents that get paid too. Sometimes you lose. Tip the cap and get back to work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Again, it's fine to be disappointed. It's fine to be down on Jimmy or Shanny or whoever you want. No problem with that. But some of these dudes just take it too far. And quite frankly, it's embarrassing. 

Yeah Jimmy just played. He didn't paint any of the narratives regarding what he can or can't do. Didn't make any guarantees. So Jimmy or any other player shouldn't be getting blasted for empty promises or anything like that. 

Just now, clarkfn2284 said:

Hate the term choke. These guys are playing elite level talents that get paid too. Sometimes you lose. Tip the cap and get back to work.

That’s fair. But there was a lot of self inflicted wounds...we aren’t; the better team.

31 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

Great game by the 49ers. 

I hope fans and the media keep in mind that the 9ers got there without a generational talent at QB leading the way.  Winning as a team = great coaching.  Full stop.

(It also means you'll be in the thick of it for years to come)

So the lesson is find the generational talent lol. 

Just now, John232 said:

That’s fair. But there was a lot of self inflicted wounds...we aren’t; the better team.

Not on this day they weren't. I'd bet 80% of the time they close the deal though up 10. Just didn't tonight. That's the deal about competing at an elite level, you have to put it together all the time from start to finish.

Heard a quote from Bruce Bochy today in a video and it really stuck with me. He said, "Greatness isnt an objective, it's an opportunity."

They have that opportunity going forward. 

Just now, clarkfn2284 said:

Not on this day they weren't. I'd bet 80% of the time they close the deal though up 10. Just didn't tonight. That's the deal about competing at an elite level, you have to put it together all the time from start to finish.

Heard a quote from Bruce Bochy today in a video and it really stuck with me. He said, "Greatness isnt an objective, it's an opportunity."

They have that opportunity going forward. 

Maybe they do. Maybe they don’t. 80 percent means nothing. You have one shot. That’s it 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Concerns: JImmy G. This just feels awfully close to a Dalton.Flacco situation. Thin line. Greater concern; Money We have a lot of talent that;s cheap right now. We’re going to be making very hard choices soon and furthermore, we’re aging a bit ion the backend of our defense. Sherman, Ward, Tarth are all close to the end of their deals. Even with Spoon and Eman, we’re going to probably see some serious turnover there. We also have the offensive line and receivers with some potential turnover. 

I’m just so mad man. I am so mad. We are so close and just choked it away. 

Jimmy will need to improve no doubt. That will be a big deciding factor in how good this team is going forward. But his first season as a pro, he put up top 10 QB numbers. Couldn't really ask for more there. Is he flawed? Sure, but can only get better with experience.

i'm not worried about our OL THAT much even though I would like to improve the interior. Brunskill looks like the real deal and someone that can step in right when Staley is ready to call it a career. 

Will definitely need to improve the corner position, especially with Sherman's age. He was awesome this year but he won't be playing corner here for too long.

Tartt is still signed for past next season. Ward may leave, or may re-sign for fairly decent deal. If he leaves, then in comes Moore. And when Moore was playing early in the year, he showed he can play FS at this level at a solid level. Has to work on his angles but his coverage is very very solid. And he seems like a potential playmaker from what he did in TC.

Our LB core is going to be a problem for opposing teams going forward and this DL is going to stay dominant. I'm assuming Armstead re-signs. If not, at worst we will tag him. But need to shore up the DL depth. Getting Jones back is going to be a big help. 

Honestly, I'm not THAT worried. Our offense should always be in the top 10 range, even if Jimmy stays on this level. If he gets better, then this is a perennial top 5 offense and the DL/LB should continue staying dominant. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

You can still try your best, and choke though. That's what sports is all about. Go big or go home. 

No I disagree. You either execute or you don't. Sometimes you do and you still get beat. It's not choking. Sports isnt about identifying who "choked". Its about working harder than anyone and then executing from that work. Unfortunately, everyone at that level does the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Maybe they do. Maybe they don’t. 80 percent means nothing. You have one shot. That’s it 

Everyone has that same shot. There are 30 others that didn't make it. Did they choke? The game was a virtual pick em as most are when its riddled down to the two teams playing the best at the end of the year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

No I disagree. You either execute or you don't. Sometimes you do and you still get beat. It's not choking. Sports isnt about identifying who "choked". Its about working harder than anyone and then executing from that work. Unfortunately, everyone at that level does the same.

We already know the boys work hard. When you work hard, and don't perform/don't execute during the final exam, well good things don't happen, and labels exist for a reason. 49ers didn't execute when they needed to in this game i.e. they choked. 

Image result for choking gif

Edited by PapaShogun

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy will need to improve no doubt. That will be a big deciding factor in how good this team is going forward. But his first season as a pro, he put up top 10 QB numbers. Couldn't really ask for more there. Is he flawed? Sure, but can only get better with experience.

i'm not worried about our OL THAT much even though I would like to improve the interior. Brunskill looks like the real deal and someone that can step in right when Staley is ready to call it a career. 

Will definitely need to improve the corner position, especially with Sherman's age. He was awesome this year but he won't be playing corner here for too long.

Tartt is still signed for past next season. Ward may leave, or may re-sign for fairly decent deal. If he leaves, then in comes Moore. And when Moore was playing early in the year, he showed he can play FS at this level at a solid level. Has to work on his angles but his coverage is very very solid. And he seems like a potential playmaker from what he did in TC.

Our LB core is going to be a problem for opposing teams going forward and this DL is going to stay dominant. I'm assuming Armstead re-signs. If not, at worst we will tag him. But need to shore up the DL depth. Getting Jones back is going to be a big help. 

Honestly, I'm not THAT worried. Our offense should always be in the top 10 range, even if Jimmy stays on this level. If he gets better, then this is a perennial top 5 offense and the DL/LB should continue staying dominant. 

And we truly dont know what kind of deals some of these guys may be willing to take to help the team. They know they have a good thing going here and may want to try and keep it together. It happens all the time. A guy like Sanders has made his share of money, maybe he takes a team friendly deal to make another run or two before he calls it. Same for a guy like Ward. He is nowhere near retirement, but he could take a team deal as well. We just dont know until they begin to negotiate. My guess is that Armstead and Sanders return. Ward goes. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

We already know the boys work hard. When you work hard, and don't perform/don't execute during the final exam, well good things don't happen, and labels exist for a reason. 49ers didn't execute when they needed to in this game i.e. they choked. 

Image result for choking gif

The label exists because fans need a reason to explain failures. Anyone that has ever competed at a high school level or more knows this. People use the term choke because they dont understand how "it" happened and dont want to just chalk it up to getting beat by the opponent.

2 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

And we truly dont know what kind of deals some of these guys may be willing to take to help the team. They know they have a good thing going here and may want to try and keep it together. It happens all the time. A guy like Sanders has made his share of money, maybe he takes a team friendly deal to make another run or two before he calls it. Same for a guy like Ward. He is nowhere near retirement, but he could take a team deal as well. We just dont know until they begin to negotiate. My guess is that Armstead and Sanders return. Ward goes. 

95% of the time, the player follows the money. Anyone with a brain would. You never know when your career is suddenly over. Team discounts are rare.