Which "alternate Super Bowl" of the 2010s would you have found most interesting?

notthatbluestuff

Best "Alternate Super Bowl"?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Best "Alternate Super Bowl"?

• 2010 - (2) Chicago Bears vs (6) NY Jets
    • 2011 - (2) Baltimore Ravens vs (2) San Francisco 49ers
    • 2012 - (1) Atlanta Falcons vs (2) New England Patriots
    • 2013 - (2) New England Patriots vs (5) San Francisco 49ers
    • 2014 - (2) Green Bay Packers vs (4) Indianapolis Colts
    • 2015 - (2) New England Patriots vs (2) Arizona Cardinals
    • 2016 - (4) Green Bay Packers vs (3) Pittsburgh Steelers
    • 2017 - (3) Jacksonville Jaguars vs (2) Minnesota Vikings
    • 2018 - (1) New Orleans Saints vs (1) Kansas City Chiefs
    • 2019 - (6) Tennessee Titans vs (2) Green Bay Packers

38 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Ok you can add 2012.  The Falcons and Pats were in their games.  

I know you've included some of these, but, working backwards...

Pats/Chiefs and Rams/Saints

Pats/Jags

Broncos/Pats

Seahawks/Packers

Broncos/Patriots and Seahawks/49ers

49ers/Falcons and Ravens/Pats

Giants/49ers and Patriots/Ravens

Packers/Bears and Steelers/Jets

I wouldn't call the loser of any of these games "completely outmatched". To me that means they got absolutely stomped. All of the games above were at least decently competitive, with most of them being within one score.

13 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Pats/Jags

Broncos/Pats

Seahawks/Packers

Packers/Bears and Steelers/Jets

I wouldn't call the loser of any of these games "completely outmatched". To me that means they got absolutely stomped. All of the games above were at least decently competitive, with most of them being within one score.

I know what you mean after looking at my first post.  What I meant by using “both” is that one team got outplayed handedly besides the ones I originally listed: 2011,2012 and 2018.

In 2012 we were robbed of a Broncos/Falcons Super Bowl. John Abraham getting hurt in a meaningless Week 17 game looks so stupid in hindsight, especially since he would have been critical in the NFC Championship game vs. SF. Without him, they literally had no answer for Kaepernick.

Last season we were clearly robbed of the most intriguing match up of Kansas City and New Orleans. Those two were head and shoulders the best and most consistent teams all season. Both championship games were very tightly contested and the Patriots and Rams did earn their spots in that Super Bowl. But the resulting game absolutely stunk and was one of the worst Super Bowls ever.

13 hours ago, DannyB said:

Pats/Jags

Broncos/Pats

Seahawks/Packers

Broncos/Pats in 2013 was a beatdown that wasn't as close as the score indicated. That Pats team was decimated by injuries though, and its a testament to Belichick/Brady that they were even in the AFCCG that year.

Patriots/Ravens in 2012 on the other hand was a very evenly matched game that was closer than the score indicated.

Edited by Slingin' Sammy

4 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I would have felt much more confident with Drew Brees going into Super Bowl 53 against Tom Brady and New England than Jared Goff.  

I also believe that is a shared consensus worldwide on that opinion.  

Have you seen Brees in his last 2 playoff games? Gtfo with that non sense. They had their chances and were spotted a 13 point lead in the first. Hell nah. If they were so “head and shoulders above everyone” as a Vikings fan said! They should have mopped the floor. Tired of hearing that false bs narrative and no cap.