Senior Bowl

tannenballs

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Surprised Gandy-Golden is seemingly doing everything well, but catching the ball. His hands are what stood out as his best trait on film.

My current top 15

1A Jeudy
1B Lamb
3A Higgins
3B Shenault
5A Reagor
5B Ruggs
7A Aiyuk
7B Mims
9 Hamler
10 J Jefferson
11 Gandy-Golden/Bowden Jr/V Jefferson/G Davis
15 Spielman

No Bryan Edwards, Tyler Johnson, or Quintez Cephus?

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Not great Nick Harris.

I don't think anybody should be surprised by this. This isn't where Nick Harris is going to shine. He's a phenomenal combo blocker, he's highly effective blocking on the move and the second level, and he's very smart with angles. However, his lack of length and size forces him to play overaggressive, which leads to some mistakes, and he can be uprooted by big, strong NTs. But a guy like Harris isn't going to be one-on-one in pass pro with strong NTs consistently. Harris doesn't fit every scheme, but if you put him in a ZBS, he'll be an effective starting Center (who will get beat every now and then).

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No Bryan Edwards, Tyler Johnson, or Quintez Cephus?

Haven't watched Edwards yet, but I hear he compares to Alshon in multiple ways. I don't care for Tyler Johnson. Looks like a Jordan Matthews caliber player to me. Cephus is #16. Could probably swap him with Gabriel Davis.

Edited by Jeezla

48 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Haven't watched Edwards yet, but I hear he compares to Alshon in multiple ways. I don't care for Tyler Johnson. Looks like a Jordan Matthews caliber player to me. Cephus is #16. Could probably swap him with Gabriel Davis.

He's not Alshon imo. He's more like Allen Robinson. Watch the Alabama game. He was exceptional in that game.

I love Tyler Johnson. Twitchy, great routes, natural hands catcher, blocks well. Guy just does all the little things you need to win. IMO, he's perfect as a Z or a slot. Plays the game a lot like Robert Woods. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Classic said:

I don't believe we have the OL or coaches to develop him

Is there actually truth to this "David Carr" narrative? I feel as though if the player is good enough to succeed it is only a matter of time before he manifests those talents, no matter the situation.

What are some examples of a bad team, OL, or coaching "ruining" a player to the point where the effects were irreversible? If Mahomes or Watson were drafted by the Bengals, would they be a significantly different players (talking ability, not stats)? I don't think so. 

Man, these WRs aren't close to being top prospects but if they keep performing like this and their value gets better, that's just more to add to this WR class

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/24/21079648/senior-bowl-takeaways-impressions

This is looking like it will go down as the best WR class in the history of the NFL. Good thing the Raiders need a couple.

• Like 1