Senior Bowl

tannenballs

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Most people that have some talent look good in practice. He underwhelmed this season especially at the end. Someone is going to draft him far too high. He's a day two guy, for sure.

His whole game is a massive red flag, but all of the biases that play into NFL scouting evals will guarantee that this Herbert is picked high. He checks all of those boxes. Every dumb GM and coach in the league will look at this guy's work, see his tools and believe they can make it work.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

His whole game is a massive red flag, but all of the biases that play into NFL scouting evals will guarantee that this Herbert is picked high. He checks all of those boxes. Every dumb GM and coach in the league will look at this guy's work, see his tools and believe they can make it work.

Fair enough, but it's worked with Josh Allen. Herbert has all of his physical tools + better mechanics + more accurate + better college player. Not sure about the mental part...

14 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Not great Nick Harris.

My guy

FlashyEachAngora-size_restricted.gif

14 hours ago, tannenballs said:

Center should lose this drill everytime a DT attacks snap hand

This is exactly what I teach my linemen to do

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Davon Hamilton is going to be a really nice rotational player for a team.

I actually think he is a solid starter for a successful defense, he will be a classic glue guy who does all the dirty work to make an MLB shine but also makes a few splash plays himself

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

What's that got to do with Mims? 

Ugh. The poster said what happens when Mims runs a sub-4.5 at his size. I made a joke that he will start being compared to Stephen Hill, whose stock rose at a crazy rate when he ran a sub-4.3 but he flamed out early.

It was just a joke about 40 times...I can’t believe I had to explain this.

31 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Fair enough, but it's worked with Josh Allen. Herbert has all of his physical tools + better mechanics + more accurate + better college player. Not sure about the mental part...

Herberts biggest issue, and this is from someone who watched him play at Autzen multiple times a year over the past 3 years, has been his decision making. He misses reads, doesn’t go through his progressions very well, and gets locked in on a receiver. Some of hear things can be coached up but others not so much.

37 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Ugh. The poster said what happens when Mims runs a sub-4.5 at his size. I made a joke that he will start being compared to Stephen Hill, whose stock rose at a crazy rate when he ran a sub-4.3 but he flamed out early.

It was just a joke about 40 times...I can’t believe I had to explain this.

Okay, but that joke would work better with a dude who didn't have three years of college production including two 1k+ seasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I mean, it's not like this guy doesn't have production too. Odd that he has been such an afterthought in some circles. 

The problem is he came from Baylor and didn't run a diverse route tree there. It's the most important aspect of playing to receiver (outside if you can catch outside your frame) it was hard to rate him. But now that scouts see he can run a ton of routes effectively, coupled with being such a problem in the open field Mims might make into the top of the second round. I wouldn't be surprised if sneaks into the first with a strong combine. 

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I think Josh Allen would be getting less of the benefit of the doubt on a team with a worse defense, but yeah there's not a great record for guys who everything but what's above the shoulders. 

3 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

The problem is he came from Baylor and didn't run a diverse route tree there. It's the most important aspect of playing to receiver (outside if you can catch outside your frame) it was hard to rate him. But now that scouts see he can run a ton of routes effectively, coupled with being such a problem in the open field Mims might make into the top of the second round. I wouldn't be surprised if sneaks into the first with a strong combine. 

Fair, but nobody is really running NFL routes in college. I think there's always a weird assumption that guys can't do what they've not been able to show. He's been great at getting off press, separating deep and playing above the rim and shown all of that plus an ability to sell a route here at the Senior Bowl. Even without that, his physical skillset alone would give you a package you can work with. 

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I mean, it's not like this guy doesn't have production too. Odd that he has been such an afterthought in some circles. 

I think it's more b/c this WR class is so insanely good than anything. Mims is a great prospect. There are so many that will be found out of the first round.