Senior Bowl

tannenballs

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah Uche is a freaking stud, no question 2nd rounder but with how good he looked in this game could easily sneak into the 1st round.  The BS talk of Baun being a 1st round pick in that Jeremiah mock constantly on NFL Network is just that BS, Uche is a far better player and is strong, better at the point of attack and surprisingly good in coverage for a rush edge player.  

Uche is better than Baun, but they will also play different positions. I think Uche is a stud EDGE in the NFL. Baun is a stud ILB in the NFL. The team(s) that end up with them will be quite happy.

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Uche is better than Baun, but they will also play different positions. I think Uche is a stud EDGE in the NFL. Baun is a stud ILB in the NFL. The team(s) that end up with them will be quite happy.

When has Baun played great as a ILB in a 3/4 defense?  It is a projection to call him a ILB and a projection that might not work, if he struggles holding the edge as a edge rusher, how is he suppose to be stout up the middle as a ILB?  Sure as a blitzing ILB it could work but not sure he can shed blocks enough to do that.  I think he ends up being a 3/4 OLB all the way, Uche arguably would be better as a ILB than Baun because he can take contact and shed it and or just simply knock back with power.  Baun is finesse and speed to me not power.  

56 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

When has Baun played great as a ILB in a 3/4 defense?  It is a projection to call him a ILB and a projection that might not work, if he struggles holding the edge as a edge rusher, how is he suppose to be stout up the middle as a ILB?  Sure as a blitzing ILB it could work but not sure he can shed blocks enough to do that.  I think he ends up being a 3/4 OLB all the way, Uche arguably would be better as a ILB than Baun because he can take contact and shed it and or just simply knock back with power.  Baun is finesse and speed to me not power.  

If you can't make that projection, you're not a very good evaluator, frankly. There's a significant number of snaps in Baun's two years of a starter showing him in coverage and in space. It's easy to see that he can shed blocks, hold up against OLs (which he would have to do far less often as an ILB), and has the instincts to play off the ball. Baun is 6'3" 240 with legit cover skills, instincts, range, and block shedding ability. If you can't see it with him, you need to watch more film. As for Uche, there's no reason to use him as an ILB. He's more valuable as an OLB.

42 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If you can't make that projection, you're not a very good evaluator, frankly. There's a significant number of snaps in Baun's two years of a starter showing him in coverage and in space. It's easy to see that he can shed blocks, hold up against OLs (which he would have to do far less often as an ILB), and has the instincts to play off the ball. Baun is 6'3" 240 with legit cover skills, instincts, range, and block shedding ability. If you can't see it with him, you need to watch more film. As for Uche, there's no reason to use him as an ILB. He's more valuable as an OLB.

Legit coverage skills out of Baun?  No freaking thank you.  Athletic no doubt, but going backwards athletic ability is different than straight forward rushing, when did Baun stand out at ILB in college?  I am not sold on that transition, you can be whatever, or you are just desperate for your precious Rams to fill a ILB void on their freaking 3/4 defense which they may or may not even play next year without Phillips being the DC.  Then you will what bring up that Reeder played well inside, and yes he did for a UDFA...  Last time I checked last year you said Jachi Polite was going to be a star.  Want to talk good evaluator do you?  

PS I am quite certain I watch more football than you do and last time I checked where is your ranking for next year 2021?  How about you produce something before you talk like I do nothing and watching nothing, thank you.  

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Legit coverage skills out of Baun?  No freaking thank you.  Athletic no doubt, but going backwards athletic ability is different than straight forward rushing, when did Baun stand out at ILB in college?  

Do you watch Wisconsin? They drop their OLBs into coverage often. Baun even has experience playing M2M and lining up over TEs in the slot. It would be a difficult projection if there weren't a ton of snaps of Baun in coverage. But there are. And that makes it a rather easy projection. He's a better talent than Joe Schobert, who made the same shift to 3-4 ILB. And Leon Jacobs made the move to 4-3 OLB after playing the 3-4 OLB role in that defense. It's nothing new for Wisconsin OLBs to play off the ball in the NFL.

I am not sold on that transition, you can be whatever, or you are just desperate for your precious Rams to fill a ILB void on their freaking 3/4 defense which they may or may not even play next year without Phillips being the DC.  Then you will what bring up that Reeder played well inside, and yes he did for a UDFA...  Last time I checked last year you said Jachi Polite was going to be a star.  Want to talk good evaluator do you? 

The Rams are still using a 3-4 base. They hired a Vic Fangio protege. Troy Reeder sucks, so get out of here with that nonsense lol. A lot of people thought highly of Jachai Polite. None of us knew about his mental issues. I have plenty of misses that were actually poor projections. But then again, as we all know, so do you. That's part of the game. But you're not even making a good argument as to why Baun can't make the move. It would be one thing if you were arguing that he lacked the traits. And if you want to have that argument, feel free to point to the traits he lacks. But arguing that he haven't seen him play ILB? So what?

PS I am quite certain I watch more football than you do and last time I checked where is your ranking for next year 2021?  How about you produce something before you talk like I do nothing and watching nothing, thank you.  

I don't make rankings for future years anymore. They're pointless. I produce more than enough to be able to say that if you aren't able to project a Wisconsin OLB to an off-the-ball LB role in the NFL, you aren't very good at this. As I said, if you think he lacks the traits, make that argument. But don't tell me that we can't make the projection because he played 3-4 OLB.

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Legit coverage skills out of Baun?  No freaking thank you.  Athletic no doubt, but going backwards athletic ability is different than straight forward rushing, when did Baun stand out at ILB in college?  I am not sold on that transition, you can be whatever, or you are just desperate for your precious Rams to fill a ILB void on their freaking 3/4 defense which they may or may not even play next year without Phillips being the DC.  Then you will what bring up that Reeder played well inside, and yes he did for a UDFA...  Last time I checked last year you said Jachi Polite was going to be a star.  Want to talk good evaluator do you?  

PS I am quite certain I watch more football than you do and last time I checked where is your ranking for next year 2021?  How about you produce something before you talk like I do nothing and watching nothing, thank you.  

Dude, this is a forum where we all share ideas and opinions, you need to stop getting so emotional when people disagree with you. Taking things to a personal level is unnecessary (and I have had my fair share of this so I would know and am trying to change).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Dude, this is a forum where we all share ideas and opinions, you need to stop getting so emotional when people disagree with you. Taking things to a personal level is unnecessary (and I have had my fair share of this so I would know and am trying to change).

Nah, that's on me. I took a shot at Ozzy first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nah, that's on me. I took a shot at Ozzy first.

It’s not the first time he’s done this. I think most people, including myself, respect the amount of time and effort he puts into these things but he can’t handle when people disagree with him and things typically end up in an unnecessary back and forth. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree.

4 hours ago, lark25 said:

Who’s better Annae or willekes? Similar size, build, good hands but limited length for the position.

Willekes. He’s got elite pass rush moves. Too bad those moves are being operated by a bad NFL body. But Willekes has excellent moves and counters as a rusher. I love his game, but I do wonder if it will translate to the NFL. 

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Willekes. He’s got elite pass rush moves. Too bad those moves are being operated by a bad NFL body. But Willekes has excellent moves and counters as a rusher. I love his game, but I do wonder if it will translate to the NFL. 

Willekes is a JAG. He doesn't have any traits. I don't see it at all with him. Anae doesn't excite me much either, but he has better traits than Willekes.

• Like 1