Senior Bowl

tannenballs

3 hours ago, lark25 said:

Paul Kruger a comp for willekes?

No I think that’s too rich honestly. Kruger had a lot of power in his hands. Willekes wins with effort and technique. He’s not big or fast. 

I can’t come up with a good comp for Willekes. Nor can I give you a reason why I think he’ll be really good. He’s just a tough dude that rushes the passer effectively in just about every game he plays in. 

Rob Ninkovic?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

No I think that’s too rich honestly. Kruger had a lot of power in his hands. Willekes wins with effort and technique. He’s not big or fast. 

I can’t come up with a good comp for Willekes. Nor can I give you a reason why I think he’ll be really good. He’s just a tough dude that rushes the passer effectively in just about every game he plays in. 

Rob Ninkovic?

Yeah not bad, or maybe John Simon. He's basically gonna be on the Patriots at some point. 

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah not bad, or maybe John Simon. He's basically gonna be on the Patriots at some point. 

Bill Belichick when he hears, "He's not nearly as athletic as other players at his position."

Image result for vince mcmahon intrigued

Bill Belichick when he hears, "He's not nearly as big as other players at his position."

Image result for vince mcmahon gif

Bill Belichick when he hears, "He's a high effort player with a high IQ."

Image result for vince mcmahon falls over

Bill Belichick when he finds out he's white:

Image result for vince mcmahon falls out of chair gif

• Like 10

12 hours ago, lark25 said:

Who’s better Annae or willekes? Similar size, build, good hands but limited length for the position.

Anae, more fluid, a little more natural pass rusher.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Willekes is a JAG. He doesn't have any traits. I don't see it at all with him. Anae doesn't excite me much either, but he has better traits than Willekes.

I think we are making him into something he may never be. There is a such thing as being a really good college player and that's it.

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I don't even see that, John Simon had/has an amazing power game to supplement for his lack of athleticism. Dude is undersized and under athletic, thats pretty much a death blow IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I don't even see that, John Simon had/has an amazing power game to supplement for his lack of athleticism. Dude is undersized and under athletic, thats pretty much a death blow IMO

Yeah there are definitely such things as good college players who aren’t cut out for the NFL, but I certainly wouldn’t write anyone off with Kenny’s production at this stage. Simply because I don’t think you can boil that down to lacking certain physical or athletic traits. Besides, I’ll see what he does at the combine athletically before writing him off as a bad athlete. He might just be an average one. 

What is he anyway, 6’4 and 255? That’s seems fine for a guy who I don’t think is anything more than someone who might hang around the league for a while as a rotational player, or on special teams. He’s been a productive player through having a ridiculously hot motor, some of those guys just have a knack for making themselves useful.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lark25 said:

Who’s better Annae or willekes? Similar size, build, good hands but limited length for the position.

Markus Golden is a close comp for both. I think Willekes is a little better speed to power guy than Anae.

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Willekes is a JAG. He doesn't have any traits. I don't see it at all with him. Anae doesn't excite me much either, but he has better traits than Willekes.

Willekes has good initial quickness and solid strength/flexibility to finish. Anae has pretty violent hands and is a good closer. I think both will be productive edge guys and good value draft picks. Quickness, motor and physicality can keep you around for awhile.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

IDK about amazing. ..but he was a solid athlete for a 6'1 260 DE.  I think both are quicker than Simon with similar enough physicality.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

What is he anyway, 6’4 and 255? That’s seems fine for a guy who I don’t think is anything more than someone who might hang around the league for a while as a rotational player, or on special teams. He’s been a productive player through having a ridiculously hot motor, some of those guys just have a knack for making themselves useful

-I think he may come in a shade under 6'4, probably like 6'3 5/8 and whats going to be the thing is what his weight going to be. I'm not sure he will come in heavier than 260 because it will affect his speed come combine time so he may come in lighter.

-I'm wont close the book on him, because it would be just my luck he turns out to be a productive player, but I see a guy more like Anthony Zettel.

-At best, I can see him coming off the bench and injecting some instant pass rush with his energy

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

Willekes vs Anae is tough for me. I really do not like either one from the little I watched. I guess Anae because when I was watching Willekes’ tape, I first thought he must be a speed guy with that lacking bull rush, then I thought I guess he’s a technique guy with that lackluster speed, then I just ended up wondering how he possibly put up those gaudy numbers at all.

Anae was just plain disappointing.

• Like 1

I like the markus golden comp.

john simon is 6’1 260 and is pretty explosive. 10’1 broad is no joke not to mention he could do 30+ reps of 225. He’s just pretty short for the position. 

willekes is taller and slimmer like golden who is also an avg athlete. Maybe a golden ninkovich hybrid

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 3:25 AM, lark25 said:

I like the markus golden comp.

john simon is 6’1 260 and is pretty explosive. 10’1 broad is no joke not to mention he could do 30+ reps of 225. He’s just pretty short for the position. 

willekes is taller and slimmer like golden who is also an avg athlete. Maybe a golden ninkovich hybrid

Y'all are fooling yourselves. Willekes is no different than a bunch of other try-hard dudes who produced in college and didn't have NFL traits. I'm happy to list some:

Chase Thomas

Ricky Elmore

Bruce Miller

Hau'oli Kikaha

Ja'Von Jones

Sutton Smith

Hunter Dimick

Dan Bazuin

Joe Ostman

Nate Orchard

Justin Lawler

IMO, y'all are fooling yourselves.

24 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

My advice is "Let the buyer beware" when it comes to the Senior Bowl.  If I remember correctly, Christian Ponder had a great performance at the Senior Bowl, and we all know how that turned out.  O.o

I'm interested in Senior Bowl stuff because IIRC, the Titans have taken a senior bowl player that they interviewed in the third round every year Jon Robinson has been the GM.  So one of these guys is going to be a Titan, and if it's Anae or Willekes, then I'm gonna have to start defending them in April.

The Titans need a pass rusher too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all are fooling yourselves. Willekes is no different than a bunch of other try-hard dudes who produced in college and didn't have NFL traits. I'm happy to list some:

Chase Thomas

Ricky Elmore

Bruce Miller

Hau'oli Kikaha

Ja'Von Jones

Sutton Smith

Hunter Dimick

Dan Bazuin

Joe Ostman

Nate Orchard

Justin Lawler

IMO, y'all are fooling yourselves.

Mostly JAGs that played against much lower competition. Orchard was super productive in the Pac12 and highly drafted but had a smaller sample size. I thought he could’ve been ok not great.

Sutton Smith could be ok as an olb in a 4-3 maybe but is like 25lbs smaller than willekes even who is undersized himself 

2 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Mostly JAGs that played against much lower competition. Orchard was super productive in the Pac12 and highly drafted but had a smaller sample size. I thought he could’ve been ok not great.

Sutton Smith could be ok as an olb in a 4-3 maybe but is like 25lbs smaller than willekes even who is undersized himself 

Almost half of the list played in a P5 conference.