Senior Bowl

tannenballs

24 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

For guys that will not light up the Combine, it's a really curious decision to skip the Senior Bowl.  Moss in particular could show off his pass blocking acumen, and zone block read ability and balance on contact in scrimmages.    He won't show any of that in the Combine.   I get the decision if ppl want to get in shape for the Combine, but if your best traits aren't measured at the Combine, you want Senior Bowl tape.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

For guys that will not light up the Combine, it's a really curious decision to skip the Senior Bowl.  Moss in particular could show off his pass blocking acumen, and zone block read ability and balance on contact in scrimmages.    He won't show any of that in the Combine.   I get the decision if ppl want to get in shape for the Combine, but if your best traits aren't measured at the Combine, you want Senior Bowl tape.   

I have a feeling most of these are medical related. If they were concerned about training for the combine, why accept the invite?

27 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I have a feeling most of these are medical related. If they were concerned about training for the combine, why accept the invite?

Fair, just several of those guys came out of their Bowl game fine (doesn't mean they aren't dinged up, but the odds are long they're all dinged up).   Re: combine training, some of them are trying to shed weight / get quicker, some of them a little bulkier / more explosive, so it's a totally different regimen than actual gameplay.   Almost every agent recommends players accept invites as a reflex, and see where they're at.

No doubt some of these are injury related, that's fair.   Just some end up being due to training focus, as there's only so much time to get ready for the Combine.  

37 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Gladney will light up the combine, but still would of liked to see all these guys, most of them im big fan of besides Dye

It makes sense for players who will be the typical “workout warriors” or will “light up the combine” to skip bowl games as they can hide their deficiencies on the field all the while increasing their draft stock. 

For my money give me a good performer in the Senior Bowl over a good performer at the combine every day.

To me bailing on a post-season bowl just for the combine or any other workouts would be a red flag.

• Like 1