Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

This might be happening. I would have said impossible, but you would think this would have been squashed already wit Brady returning to Patriots as a done deal. Instead, we have some interesting reporting.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/19/open-minded-tom-brady-spotted-with-grinning-raiders-owner-mark-davis/

https://twitter.com/AdamHillLVRJ?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/01/19/another-offseason-belongs-tom-brady-he-ponders-his-future-where-hell-play/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872101-ufcs-dana-white-says-tom-brady-will-play-with-raiders-if-he-leaves-patriots

I"m still dubious, but we could be good quickly if it comes to fruition. If Brady signs on, we keep the oline intact. Draft a WR1. Sign a bunch of top Defensive free agents to short term deals and draft defensive after #12. Could be very much like Peyton coming to the Broncos. 

IF Brady is Coming

#12 WR Ceedee Lamb WR

trade #19 plus 2021 3rd rounder  to Indy for second round #34, #44

#34 Patrick Queen LB

#44 Jacob Eason

#80 Zach Baun OLB

#81 Clyde Edwards Helaire RB

#90 Jabari Zuniga DE

#111  Levonta Taylor CB

Free Agents

Byron Jones CB 14 Million

Littleton MLB 15 Million

Jimmie Ward S 9 million

Phillip Dorsett WR 6 Million

Maleik Collins 8 milion

Cut Whitehead and Carr or trade them

OFFENSE

QB-Brady / Kizer/Eason

RB Josh Jacobs/Clyde Edwards Helaire/ Jalen Richard

FB Alec Ingold

WR  Ceedee Lamb, Dorsett, Renfrow, Williams, Zay Jones

TE Waller /Moreau/Carrier

OT Miller/Brown/Sharpe/Parker 

G Incognito/Good/ Jackson /Devey

C Hudson/James

DEFENSE

DE Ferrell, Crosby,  Key, Mayowa, Jordan, Zuniga

DT Hurst, Hall, Hankins, Collins

LB  Littleton, Baun, Queen, Lee

CB Mullens, Jones, Johnson,  Joyner, Nixon, Taylor

S Abrams, Ward, Harris

• Like 1

I wouldn't touch Ward with a 10 foot pole. I would rather spend less of KoJo or More or Anthony Harris.

And I don't like Eason at all. I'll take a shot on Fromm before I take a shot on Eason. Maybe even Hurts ir Love. But no way I like anything about Eason projections as a pro.

I wouldn't mind it on a 1 or 2 year deal. Obviously you can't give him some long term deal. But if we can land one of the top wideouts (Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy) it would be the best overall offense Brady has had in a long time. Use the rest of our free agent resources on the defensive side of the ball and invest the rest of our draft picks on defense and depth (and hopefully a QB to groom under Brady for that year or two), ir wouldn't be the worst plan in the world. I don't think Brady is done, I don't think hes the Brady of old either. But with Jacobs, Waller, Renfrow, a top 10 OL, and hopefully an improved defense he could certainly do enough to make a deep push. 

Brady-to-Raiders.jpg

Good god that Is ugly to see haha. Really though, he'd be an upgrade over Carr and all I care about is freaking winning. I want us to capture Las Vegas like the Knights did with a super successful season right out of the gates. If Tom Brady can help us do that,  then I'll put my hatred aside for the guy and pray for his success as a Raider. Renfrow, Waller and the smurfs would thrive with TB12. However we would definitely have to upgrade the other WR spots (as we need to even if we stick with Carr).

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Really though, he'd be an upgrade over Carr and all I care about is freaking winning. I want us to capture Las Vegas like the Knights did with a super successful season right out of the gates. If Tom Brady can help us do that,  then I'll put my hatred aside for the guy and pray for his success as a Raider. Renfrow, Waller and the smurfs would thrive with TB12. However we would definitely have to upgrade the other WR spots (as we need to even if we stick with Carr).

I think Brady will like our WRs (just a gut feeling). Tyrell is better than his numbers indicated. And if we draft Ruggs or Ceedee, Brady will LOVE them. 

UFC guy wants Brady because UFC is in Vegas. Brady wants Vegas to help him make money, by either driving up what NE pays or giving him 70+ million for two years. I don't see Raiders having the same 'splash' as Knights and that usually doesn't happen. Ravens got lucky too. Poor Browns fans. LOL

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Brady-to-Raiders.jpg

Good god that Is ugly to see haha. Really though, he'd be an upgrade over Carr and all I care about is freaking winning. I want us to capture Las Vegas like the Knights did with a super successful season right out of the gates. If Tom Brady can help us do that,  then I'll put my hatred aside for the guy and pray for his success as a Raider. Renfrow, Waller and the smurfs would thrive with TB12. However we would definitely have to upgrade the other WR spots (as we need to even if we stick with Carr).

jon-gruden-tom-brady-1024x576.jpg

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Maybe it’s just me but it seems strange to build a team around a 40 yr old qb and give him top $. Is that what rebuilding teams do nowadays?

He most definitely wouldn't be considered a long-term solution though. A team would get 2 years MAX out of Tom. So in a sense it wouldn't be building a team around him as most of the pieces on O are already established. It's moreso adding another weapon or two on O and revamping our D and potentially QB position to compete. 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Maybe it’s just me but it seems strange to build a team around a 40 yr old qb and give him top $. Is that what rebuilding teams do nowadays?

Cause the whole rebuilding thing is overstated. What do we need on offense. A number 1 wr and a backup rb. How many teams can say they are set that much on offense. The defense needs work. A whole lb core and a real inside pass rusher and corner. You could get most of that in an offseason or 2 if draft correctly and use cap right. So this whole rebuilding this is crazy. We are building. That's it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Cause the whole rebuilding thing is overstated. What do we need on offense. A number 1 wr and a backup rb. How many teams can say they are set that much on offense. The defense needs work. A whole lb core and a real inside pass rusher and corner. You could get most of that in an offseason or 2 if draft correctly and use cap right. So this whole rebuilding this is crazy. We are building. That's it. 

It’s taken 2 years to get to this point 

Said this was my dream scenario months ago and feel great about it happening. Makes to much sense football wise and makes sense business wise for his TB12 program. 

Got the pieces in place for him to have success and the draft picks to put a big time WR that he wants. Got 70 million and counting to add playmakers on defense. You can do all this while taking a QB in the later rounds to stash and get ready in a year or two. 

When do people realize that you’re not rebuilding unless ur doing what the Dolphins are doing. You don’t give Trent all that money to rebuild. You don’t give Tyrell all that money to rebuild. That’s retooling. 

I want this to happen cause I would love to see what Brady can do for this team also want to see it happen so I can sit here and witness the chaos on here and twitter. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

But you trade Carr for a 2nd and let Brady groom your future QB nothing wrong with that if we winning.and you are still building the team for the young QB

• Like 1