Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Meh... don't buy that for a second. Brady has a net worth of estimated 180 million. His wife is worth and estimated $360 million. You think Brady cares about money?

Brady is about legacy. He's a winner. I don't see him coming to a bottom 5 franchise with a losing culture, talent deficient roster and thinking it adds to his legacy. 

You are 100 percent right.  No way he comes to a loser franchise to end his career for a few extra million.  Both Brady and his wife have more money than they can spend in a lifetime, his decision will not be about money, it will be about proving Bellichec and the Pats wrong if he does walk.  I bet he ends up back in NE as he wants to go out a winner.  Playing for a loser, dumpster fire of a franchise like the Raiders isn'y going to happen.  

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I wonder why anyone would connect him to the Raiders. Final years of his career, he wants to ride them out on a team that isn't in a position to win much of anything right now.

Well if Carr can go 7-9 with this team Brady can probably add 2 wins and factor in the FA we hope to have along with the draft why couldn't we be in position to win.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well if Carr can go 7-9 with this team Brady can probably add 2 wins and factor in the FA we hope to have along with the draft why couldn't we be in position to win.

Only 2 wins?!?!?!?! If Carr is as terrible as you make him out to be we should be 5 or 6 wins better with Brady at QB. Heck there are some here that think Kizer can do what Carr does 😁😁😁

If we are even thinking of signing Brady then we must at the very least be confident of reaching the AFC championship game or its a total waste of time and resources IMHO

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Only 2 wins?!?!?!?! If Carr is as terrible as you make him out to be we should be 5 or 6 wins better with Brady at QB. Heck there are some here that think Kizer can do what Carr does 😁😁😁

If we are even thinking of signing Brady then we must at the very least be confident of reaching the AFC championship game or its a total waste of time and resources IMHO

100% agree with the bolded. 

The only way Gruden bails on Carr for Brady if he feels that they can compete for a Superbowl next year. If he doesn't feel like that is the case he won't even kick the tires. 

13 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

The only way Gruden bails on Carr for Brady if he feels that they can compete for a Superbowl next year. If he doesn't feel like that is the case he won't even kick the tires. 

I mean... Gruden just likes great players. He'd do it just to coach Brady regardless of what he thought of the team.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I mean... Gruden just likes great players. He'd do it just to coach Brady regardless of what he thought of the team.

Well unlike you. I believe that Gruden believes Carr is a franchise QB. So unless he thinks that Brady takes us from a playoff team with Carr to a Superbowl team with Brady, he won't entertain the idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I just said 2 because that would be enough to reach the playoffs.

51 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I think making the playoffs is a more likely goal.

4 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Well unlike you. I believe that Gruden believes Carr is a franchise QB. So unless he thinks that Brady takes us from a playoff team with Carr to a Superbowl team with Brady, he won't entertain the idea. 

What proof do you have that Gruden thinks Carr can get us to the playoffs?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:
1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I just said 2 because that would be enough to reach the playoffs.

Fair enough, but i think our FO would only be considering it and Brady for that matter would only be interested if we had a serious shot.

I think with a couple good value free agents, a decent draft and the improvement from our sophomore players we should be aiming for playoffs with Carr anyway and anything less (injuries and suspensions permitting) should be considered a failure.

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

What proof do you have that Gruden thinks Carr can get us to the playoffs?

Proof? is this the impeachment trial? lol 

Both Gruden and Mayock continually use the line "We need to get better AROUND DEREK" that is a major factor. Gruden has mentioned time and time again this team was FAR off when he took over. Mayock has mentioned how Carr looked much improved in year 2 under Gruden and EXPECTS THAT TREND TO CONTINUE. 

Also if you know anything about the QB position. You watch raiders film and you can clearly see he is not the problem. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Proof? is this the impeachment trial? lol 

Both Gruden and Mayock continually use the line "We need to get better AROUND DEREK" that is a major factor. Gruden has mentioned time and time again this team was FAR off when he took over. Mayock has mentioned how Carr looked much improved in year 2 under Gruden and EXPECTS THAT TREND TO CONTINUE. 

Also if you know anything about the QB position. You watch raiders film and you can clearly see he is not the problem. 

Take them Carr colored glasses off man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Now that it looks like Fitz is staying with Miami I do not care who our QB is.  The season is lost anyways.  My dream has been killed now so I am just going to sit in the corner and cry in my cereal.

Unreal. Not one player or coach goes into the season thinking it is lost. We have as good as a chance to win as the rest of the league has. However, we have to upgrade the roster. 1st things 1st is bringing in a better QB if the team believes it is there. 49ers were picking #2 just last season

One thing with Brady, he'll get FAs to sign with us. Trent Brown was his blindside protector a season ago

Edited by bucksavage1

20 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Unreal. Not one player or coach goes into the season thinking it is lost. We have as good as a chance to win as the rest of the league has. However, we have to upgrade the roster. 1st things 1st is bringing in a better QB if the team believes it is there. 49ers were picking #2 just last season

One thing with Brady, he'll get FAs to sign with us. Trent Brown was his blindside protector a season ago

I think that might have been sarcasm, as in there was a lot of Fitzmagic talk regarding replacing Carr this year 😀😀

• Like 2