Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

35 minutes ago, Geezy said:

It’s taken 2 years to get to this point 

The rebuild is complete. I really don't see what you skeptics see. 

Let's say for argument sake no on the roster improves and this is their ceiling. We are POSSIBLY losing 1 starter from our 7-9 team on defense. We are getting back a first round safety that played 1 game. Plus 2 more 1st round picks and 60 million in cap space for free agency. 

Even if this is everyone on the current rosters max potential (which we all know is not true) and no one improves how is our floor not 7 wins with a way easier schedule and improving by addition 5 positions... 

If we can fill out holes (WR1, MLB, Coverage LB, CB2, S2, and an Interior pass rush) with starting calibur players (very easy with 60Mil in cap space and 2 first round picks) like Ruggs, Shobert, Littleton, Roby, KoJo, and Kinlaw and I don't see how we aren't a top tier team in the NFL. Even if you think Carr is trash that is a playoff team with Brady that is a Superbowl team.

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Plus you can’t undervalue the importance of getting a player like Brady can do for the rest of your FA. Players will come to just play with him. 

This is true. Its a good business and football decision. Groom a rookie QB. People will come to play for/with TB. Enticing FA’s to come here and putting us in good position to win games. Something that is completely lost on Carr.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Plus you can’t undervalue the importance of getting a player like Brady can do for the rest of your FA. Players will come to just play with him. 

Yup. And also the zero state tax in Vegas, which alot of FAs are super excited about helps tremendously, too. People overestimate how long it takes to rebuild. This is the NFL, not the NBA. The 49ers were straight garbage last year now they probably will win the SB a year later. Not saying that will be us, but I definitely think we're not far off from playoffs in this watered down AFC.

The Raiders have an elite Oline, Two capable receivers in Tyrell and Renfrow, a top 5ish second year RB and a top 5 TE in Waller. Also have 5 picks in the top 90 and # in FA to spend. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yup. And also the zero state tax in Vegas, which alot of FAs are super excited about helps tremendously, too. People overestimate how long it takes to rebuild. This is the NFL, not the NBA. The 49ers were straight garbage last year now they probably will win the SB a year later. Not saying that will be us, but I definitely think we're not far off from playoffs in this watered down AFC.

The Raiders have an elite Oline, Two capable receivers in Tyrell and Renfrow, a top 5ish second year RB and a top 5 TE in Waller. Also have 5 picks in the top 90 and # in FA to spend. 

Didn't have anything to do with being ravaged by injuries, including Jimmy G playing 2.5 games last year?  

Also, one of the best scenarios in football.  We have literal capital on top of capital to do just about anything we want with.  With a team who EXCEEDED expectations at 7-9.  

Which is another reason I feel like a QB change isn't quite warranted.  

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

The rebuild is complete. I really don't see what you skeptics see. 

Let's say for argument sake no on the roster improves and this is their ceiling. We are POSSIBLY losing 1 starter from our 7-9 team on defense. We are getting back a first round safety that played 1 game. Plus 2 more 1st round picks and 60 million in cap space for free agency. 

Even if this is everyone on the current rosters max potential (which we all know is not true) and no one improves how is our floor not 7 wins with a way easier schedule and improving by addition 5 positions... 

If we can fill out holes (WR1, MLB, Coverage LB, CB2, S2, and an Interior pass rush) with starting calibur players (very easy with 60Mil in cap space and 2 first round picks) like Ruggs, Shobert, Littleton, Roby, KoJo, and Kinlaw and I don't see how we aren't a top tier team in the NFL. Even if you think Carr is trash that is a playoff team with Brady that is a Superbowl team.

how is that skepticism?

We traded our best players for draft picks, used that money to add FAs and a lot of our success was courtesy of those draft picks. Thats a form of rebuilding, and it took two years to get to this point, theres nothing wrong with that.We are still benefiting from that trade and still have cap space to add onto a 7-9 team, that lost 3 games in the final minute. 

Brady is better than Carr, that is for certain. Brady hasn’t lost a step at all guys. Not throwing ducks, super power arm velocity still. Terrible OL, and WR/TE probably ranks #32 this year. All he had was Edelmen that teams bracketed all season long. Dorsett is terrible and Harry struggles to get separation. No TE’s to speak of. Literally #32 weapon core. 

Also guys, you say why would a rebuilding team sign Tom Brady for 2 years? Well, that’s pretty easy. We are closer than anyone thinks if we have one solid draft. Everyone picked the Eagles to win 7 to 9 games in 2017. Everyone picked the 49ers to win 7 to 9 games this year. What will be the prediction for the Raiders, even without Tom Brady? Probably 7 to 9 wins. With Brady, Top 5 OL, WR at Pick 12, Jacobs, Waller, we are looking 100% at a Top 5 Offense. 

With a good defensive draft and Abram back, it certainly can land in the 10 to 15 range. Seen it all the time teams go from Bottom 5 Defense to Top 15. Look at the Chiefs also, barely a Top 15 Defense and in the Super Bowl. 

With Tom Brady on this team, and a really really good draft, we really can make the Super Bowl imo. And I’m much more of a pessimist than a homer...

• Like 3

Wouldn't really be a good move imo. Unless you get something good for Carr. Value is debatable to be fair. If the team is hellbent on moving him, ok. But Brady is aging and is gonna be washed soon. Possibly within the next season. The only way I'd consider this specific move is if the organization wants to move on.

I have to say though, the idea of getting a rookie QB is making me curious to look back on what Mayock values in a QB prospect. We really have a unique chance here to see how Mayock and Gruden evaluate. Just by watching old NFLN and QB Camp. I know it isn't tell-all but definitely interesting to think about.

The real answer has nothing to do with any of this though and will always be a resounding hell no. Tuck Rule is reason enough. Don't get me started on Brady. He's the GOAT, but I would never want him on my team.

Also, man, wooooooof to sports media. Brady was in Vegas? INSTANT RAIDER. The clickbait hype machine is crazy. Its not just football either. Like for example, why is half of the coverage about the Milwaukee Bucks about Giannis leaving them in 2 years?

• Like 3

Here’s a dose of reality for everyone. How many different offenses has Brady played in? That’s right only one, do people really expect a 43-year-old QB to learn entire new offense?

His best days are behind him and people want to put the future of the franchise in his hands.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I have to say though, the idea of getting a rookie QB is making me curious to look back on what Mayock values in a QB prospect. We really have a unique chance here to see how Mayock and Gruden evaluate. Just by watching old NFLN and QB Camp. I know it isn't tell-all but definitely interesting to think about.

Did some digging, here are his final QB rankings:

2018:

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Allen, Wyoming
3. Josh Rosen, UCLA
4. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
5. Lamar Jackson, Louisville

2017:

1. Deshaun Watson, Clemson
2. Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina
3. Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech
4. DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. Davis Webb, California

2016:

1. Carson Wentz, North Dakota State
2. Jared Goff, California
3. Paxton Lynch, Memphis
4. Connor Cook, Michigan State
5. Christian Hackenberg, Penn State

2015:

1. Marcus Mariota, Oregon
2. Jameis Winston, Florida State
3. Bryce Petty, Baylor
4. Brett Hundley, UCLA
5. Sean Mannion, Oregon State

2014:

1. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
2. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
3. Derek Carr, Fresno State
4. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
T-5. Zach Mettenberger, LSU
T-5. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Here’s a dose of reality for everyone. How many different offenses has Brady played in? That’s right only one, do people really expect a 43-year-old QB to learn entire new offense?

His best days are behind him and people want to put the future of the franchise in his hands.

We want to put two years into his hands with a QB drafted in the draft. Stop over exaggerating. 

Eagles Over/Under was 6.5 wins in 2017. 49ers Over/Under for this season was 8. We are way closer than anyone thinks with just one solid draft. And Brady is without question still a Top 6 QB. We definitely have a chance to win everything with him next year if everything goes our way. 

47 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Did some digging, here are his final QB rankings:

2018:

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Allen, Wyoming
3. Josh Rosen, UCLA
4. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
5. Lamar Jackson, Louisville

2017:

1. Deshaun Watson, Clemson
2. Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina
3. Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech
4. DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. Davis Webb, California

2016:

1. Carson Wentz, North Dakota State
2. Jared Goff, California
3. Paxton Lynch, Memphis
4. Connor Cook, Michigan State
5. Christian Hackenberg, Penn State

2015:

1. Marcus Mariota, Oregon
2. Jameis Winston, Florida State
3. Bryce Petty, Baylor
4. Brett Hundley, UCLA
5. Sean Mannion, Oregon State

2014:

1. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
2. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
3. Derek Carr, Fresno State
4. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
T-5. Zach Mettenberger, LSU
T-5. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

He's not THAT far off from what became reality. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

We want to put two years into his hands with a QB drafted in the draft. Stop over exaggerating. 

Eagles Over/Under was 6.5 wins in 2017. 49ers Over/Under for this season was 8. We are way closer than anyone thinks with just one solid draft. And Brady is without question still a Top 6 QB. We definitely have a chance to win everything with him next year if everything goes our way. 

No he’s not.  Give me one reason why he is ?

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No he’s not.  Give me one reason why he is ?

Watch the games. Read my post a couple posts above. Worst combined WR/TE core in the NFL. No TE’s at all. Only WR is Edelmen. Who is always bracketed. Dorsett is awful, Harry is awful, and Sanu has struggled with separation for four long seasons. Also, a middle of the pack OLine that is barely Top 20. 

What has Brady regressed in? Name me one thing. His arm has lost absolutely zero velocity since 2015. Still a strong arm unlike Rivers/Eli. Pats fans will tell you this, anyone will tell you this. Same exact arm past four seasons. He is still #1 in Pocket Presence in the NFL. He is still the #1 progression reader in the NFL. And he’s still #1 at reading coverage pre snap.