Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

On 2/5/2020 at 10:54 AM, Chali21 said:

This doesn’t get talked up enough it’s just Carr faded down the stretch. The exact same thing happened to Brady in December but guys are like “He lost his weapons.”

this team doesn’t really have enough depth to be any sort of competitor, a handful guys go down and that’s it. Honestly i can’t see the ghost of Tom Brady willing this team to victories. 

Brady lost to playoff teams down the stretch, Carr lost to what everybody was screaming was the easiest part of our schedule.

I came across this interesting video on a YouTube this morning:

Apparently, AB is “likely” to get the $9M bonus from the Patriots at a soon upcoming hearing.  (Btw, god bless Mayock and our legal team for handling the release of AB like we did, saving us from paying him $30M for quitting)

With the Pats at $45M in cap space, if they take that $9M hit on the books this year (they can’t play games and defer it because this is the last year of the CBA) that Then then puts them at $36M under the cap.  They’re draft class has a cap hit of $9.4M.  Brady would cost $30-35M, unless they make the deal 2 years plus 2-3 void years and then it’d be around $25M I assume.  But will they want a large cap hit from releasing him while the rebuild?

They’re incredibly tight against the cap without Re-signing their free agents, let alone being able to bring in help for Brady in FA that he’ll demand in order to resign.

ultimately, I think if AB wins this it will have a great effect on the Pats.  In a way, AB might be the driving force to end NE’s reign.  That’s a pretty cool thing IMO.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Apparently, AB is “likely” to get the $9M bonus from the Patriots at a soon upcoming hearing.  (Btw, god bless Mayock and our legal team for handling the release of AB like we did, saving us from paying him $30M for quitting)

With the Pats at $45M in cap space, if they take that $9M hit on the books this year (they can’t play games and defer it because this is the last year of the CBA) that Then then puts them at $36M under the cap.  They’re draft class has a cap hit of $9.4M.  Brady would cost $30-35M, unless they make the deal 2 years plus 2-3 void years and then it’d be around $25M I assume.  But will they want a large cap hit from releasing him while the rebuild?

They’re incredibly tight against the cap without Re-signing their free agents, let alone being able to bring in help for Brady in FA that he’ll demand in order to resign.

ultimately, I think if AB wins this it will have a great effect on the Pats.  In a way, AB might be the driving force to end NE’s reign.  That’s a pretty cool thing IMO.

I had no doubt he get that bonus, they was dumb enough to sign him then play him. Now they have to pay him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Time to poach talent away from Pats: Dorsett , Van Noy anyone else ?

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly... people thinking a 42 year old QB can come in and win big for a team like the Raiders is laughable. Brady's best is behind him. He need the right system to succeed more than ever. And coming to Oakland and changing to a WCO at 42 isn't the answer.

Couldn't agree more. I don't understand why people want to sign a player at 42?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly... people thinking a 42 year old QB can come in and win big for a team like the Raiders is laughable. Brady's best is behind him. He need the right system to succeed more than ever. And coming to Oakland and changing to a WCO at 42 isn't the answer.

Disagree. You have to look at acquiring Tom Brady on multiple fronts including on and off the field. You have to look beyond the field with this season. Even at this age, This is literally the greatest winning QB in NFL history. It is nothing different than Mayock and Gruden drafting Clemson and Alabama players from winning programs.

Tom Brady at 42 on the field brings more to the table next season than Derek Carr

Tom Brady bring 20x more intangibles in the locker room and within the organization than can have a positive impact on younger players on this team for the foreseeable future.

Tom Brady winning intangibles will rub off on the team

• Like 1

Agreed buck, Tom Brady on this team would bring so many people to the market and be such a wild kickoff to Vegas. Plus it’d be a perfect time to draft a QB and let him learn from the GOAT. 

The Vegas community has a lot of newer Raider fans and none of them want wimpy Derek Carr going there. At least not without a backup plan.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Disagree. You have to look at acquiring Tom Brady on multiple fronts including on and off the field. You have to look beyond the field with this season. Even at this age, This is literally the greatest winning QB in NFL history. It is nothing different than Mayock and Gruden drafting Clemson and Alabama players from winning programs.

Tom Brady at 42 on the field brings more to the table next season than Derek Carr

Tom Brady bring 20x more intangibles in the locker room and within the organization than can have a positive impact on younger players on this team for the foreseeable future.

Tom Brady winning intangibles will rub off on the team

This is all conjecture. You have no idea who Brady will be outside the NE Patriots. Yes, he comes in with the utmost respect but his skills have to translate on the field. If he's hit the wall and the arm isn't there, nothing else will matter. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is all conjecture. You have no idea who Brady will be outside the NE Patriots. Yes, he comes in with the utmost respect but his skills have to translate on the field. If he's hit the wall and the arm isn't there, nothing else will matter. 

Well then bringing in Bama and Clemson players from college winning programs is all conjecture as well because we don't know how they will translate to the NFL

At least we know Brady's success record in the NFL. Bringing in the winningest SB QB to a losing franchise can be nothing but positives to get this ship turnaround

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Well then bringing in Bama and Clemson players from college winning programs is all conjecture as well because we don't know how they will translate to the NFL

At least we know Brady's success record in the NFL. Bringing in the winningest SB QB to a losing franchise can be nothing but positives to get this ship turnaround

You over looked his main point which is the physical aspect of Brady. I know many here believes he can still play but that’s a risk. If he doesn’t play well then what? The Raiders paid him 3 times as much as their Super Bowl winning HC? And isn’t that the reason you hire Jon Gruden to show your team how to be a winner and change the culture?

• Like 2