Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

If Brady does decide to go to Vegas. Do you think he will rent or buy Carrs house? haha

AB already called dibs on Carrs house when he got released. 

In some mangled english he tweeted I’ll buy Carrs house when they get rid of him in the off season with a “LOL”. 

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Allegedly Brady wants 30 mil and weapons. NE won’t be able to give him both, if they pay him they won’t have any money to add talent. If they add talent they won’t be able to pay him. Honestly if he wants to stay in NE something is going to have to give. 

Now LA can give him the money as they already have talented weapons. 

LV has the money but they still have to add weapons. 

LA might be the better fit for him right now as they have proven talent.

LA has weapons but the line is Bottom 5-8 in the NFL. You aren’t fixing that in one off season. Not even close. 

Raiders have a Top 3 OL, Top 7-8 RB, Top 5 TE, Amazing Second TE, and two solid weapons in Tyrell and Renfrow. If they add a receiver in the draft it becomes a very good WR core. The overall offense is much much better than LA. I never thought Brady would choose LA over LV. 

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

LA has weapons but the line is Bottom 5-8 in the NFL. You aren’t fixing that in one off season. Not even close. 

Raiders have a Top 3 OL, Top 7-8 RB, Top 5 TE, Amazing Second TE, and two solid weapons in Tyrell and Renfrow. If they add a receiver in the draft it becomes a very good WR core. The overall offense is much much better than LA. I never thought Brady would choose LA over LV. 

No all those guys are garbage cant get open.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

🍾

I would have to assume that it would be fully guaranteed 

Yeah if this happened I’d be done with Raider football for the next 8 years. This sort of move just screams there is not long term plan. Thankfully that guy doesn’t have a blue check mark so I’m not inclined to believe him. 

11 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Yeah if this happened I’d be done with Raider football for the next 8 years. This sort of move just screams there is not long term plan. Thankfully that guy doesn’t have a blue check mark so I’m not inclined to believe him. 

You just watched Derek Carr ran ball for 6 years plus more garbage in between and this what does it!?!?!!!? Not Derek Carr but Tom Brady coming here. You know since Gannon it’s been a nightmare and before him as well but if you are willing to sit and watch him miss 90% of the field and blame the defense for not making Carr better more power to ya 

i need some of these brain washing Carr cult drugs 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

You just watched Derek Carr ran ball for 6 years plus more garbage in between and this what does it!?!?!!!? Not Derek Carr but Tom Brady coming here. You know since Gannon it’s been a nightmare and before him as well but if you are willing to sit and watch him miss 90% of the field and blame the defense for not making Carr better more power to ya 

i need some of these brain washing Carr cult drugs 

No it’s bringing in an old player on his last legs in year 3 of Gruden. It’s not a long term plan, It’s Al Davis impulsive. When you have 10 years to coach a team you build it slowly and meticulously. Brady will at best make it to year 6 of Gruden with a reboot soon to follow. To be honest none of the FA options are very viable long term plans. Some have better due to age (Winston Mariota) but have shown very little while others (Brady Brees) have the hardware but their cheese is getting green. Honestly I’d have more hope for this teams long term success if they went and drafted love at 12. 

And I’d love to take drugs that make me believe a 42 year old QB that finished the season with elbow problems will some how get Better. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

No it’s bringing in an old player on his last legs in year 3 of Gruden. It’s not a long term plan, It’s Al Davis impulsive. When you have 10 years to coach a team you build it slowly and meticulously. Brady will at best make it to year 6 of Gruden with a reboot soon to follow. To be honest none of the FA options are very viable long term plans. Some have better due to age (Winston Mariota) but have shown very little while others (Brady Brees) have the hardware but their cheese is getting green. Honestly I’d have more hope for this teams long term success if they went and drafted love at 12. 

And I’d love to take drugs that make me believe a 42 year old QB that finished the season with elbow problems will some how get Better. 

I'm not a fan of Brady joining the Raiders. But I don't see how it would set them back or signal no long term plan. Because riding with Carr is not a long term plan either. 

Brady at least bring respect and a mindset of winning to the team. In Gruden's offense he could function well as a ball control QB who can pick you apart when well protected.

You can have 2 years of Brady while developing a young signal caller and still build the roster through the draft. Not that I like the idea, but it's not black and white.

Fact is... Gruden wants to win. So he's going to do whatever that takes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm not a fan of Brady joining the Raiders. But I don't see how it would set them back or signal no long term plan. Because riding with Carr is not a long term plan either. 

Brady at least bring respect and a mindset of winning to the team. In Gruden's offense he could function well as a ball control QB who can pick you apart when well protected.

You can have 2 years of Brady while developing a young signal caller and still build the roster through the draft. Not that I like the idea, but it's not black and white.

Fact is... Gruden wants to win. So he's going to do whatever that takes.

Yeah I agree Gruden wants to win but because he needs to win. He’s 11-21 since he came back, with only 3 winning seasons since he won the SuperBowl with Dungys defense. 

How much extra will it cost us to bring in Brady and cut Carr? Would that cost preclude us from picking a high value defensive player that we need? 

Very weird for Larry Fitz dad to come out and say that. 

Signing Brady would not stop the Raiders from spending big in FA. The difference in salary from Carr and Brady would be like 10 million a year if its 2 years 60 million. Also that cost can be made up by cutting a couple of guys who deserve to be cut any ways. 

Edited by agarcia34