Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

9 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I got this:

ThE TeAm HaS a ToP 5 TE a ToP5 RB ToP 3 OL ToP 5 NuMbEr 2 WR AlL wE nEeD iS dEfEnSe AnD BrAdY AnD We ArE SuPeR BoWl BoUnD!

You don’t sign Brady without other “win now” moves. He wouldn’t come here without thinking he could win. He’s not stupid. If he thinks he can come here and win then I have to believe there’s a reason why. Maybe he doesn’t think we can win and we don’t have a chance to sign him. If he wants to come here though then I’ll take him. We have draft picks and cap space to make moves. Players will want to play in Vegas and players want to play with Brady. Major recruitment chip. I’m not saying to put Brady on the team as currently constructed and we win a super bowl, although I think we’d be closer to that goal than with carr. 

Ever since gruden got here there’s been rumors about a new Qb. That he’s not Carr’s biggest fan. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. I really don’t think carr gets another contract with us unless there’s some major change which I have a hard time assuming will come. So 3 more years of carr or 2 years of the greatest QB of all time? I’m taking Brady. I’m not rolling with kellermans cliff theory. Brady seems motivated. Seems mad. Seems like he has something to prove. It’s a risk but one I’d take, swing for the damn fences, we’ve sucked for too long. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The Raiders have no WRs and no defense plus we’re in a much harder division than New England.

New England doesn’t want the QB that won six Super Bowls for them But everything will be OK,

Bill would be the only person that didn’t want him. And at the end of the day I think he goes back there anyway so it’s all a lot of arguing about nothing haha 

But wherever he goes I have a feeling he’ll play at a level that we’ll all think “damn would’ve been sweet if we could’ve nabbed him” 

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

and a much worse defense. 

Absolutely true. Although we have a much better chance at turning around our defense than the Pats have at turning around their abysmal offense. We have Abram coming back, probably use one of our 1st on a defensive player like J. Kinlaw, and hopefully sign a corner in FA like Byron Jones. I’m not sure how we’ll solve the LB issue, off season should be fun to watch. 

11 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

You don’t sign Brady without other “win now” moves. He wouldn’t come here without thinking he could win. He’s not stupid. If he thinks he can come here and win then I have to believe there’s a reason why. Maybe he doesn’t think we can win and we don’t have a chance to sign him. If he wants to come here though then I’ll take him. We have draft picks and cap space to make moves. Players will want to play in Vegas and players want to play with Brady. Major recruitment chip. I’m not saying to put Brady on the team as currently constructed and we win a super bowl, although I think we’d be closer to that goal than with carr. 

Ever since gruden got here there’s been rumors about a new Qb. That he’s not Carr’s biggest fan. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. I really don’t think carr gets another contract with us unless there’s some major change which I have a hard time assuming will come. So 3 more years of carr or 2 years of the greatest QB of all time? I’m taking Brady. I’m not rolling with kellermans cliff theory. Brady seems motivated. Seems mad. Seems like he has something to prove. It’s a risk but one I’d take, swing for the damn fences, we’ve sucked for too long. 

In addition, Brady brings so much more to the table to the team off the field. He's a winner and we been losers. Bring in winners to change the culture

• Like 2

I’m not saying I want us to sign Brady But I would say it would definitely end the dismal 3rd Quarters we endured all season.  No way even an aging Brady allows us to play so poorly to the other teams halftime adjustments.  His level of preparation and game management even at 42 wouldn’t allow it.

The problem with RB signing Brady@30/m per year and going into a 2 year win now mode is I don’t think we have the resources to bring in enough talent.

If you sign Brady for a 30m cap Charge and add Carr’s dead cap of 5m (that’s a net negative 13.5m cap change)  Our cap space (after factoring our current draft picks cap charges) reduces from 44.2m to   30.7m.  
So we go win now mode and sign Emmanuel Sanders @11m per year and Byron Jones @ is 15m per year.  That’s only give or take 5m left to resign guys and other free agents.  
Sure, we can cut Jackson and add 9.6m but that’s still less than 15m left.

Is our current team with draft capital and 31m in FA a Super Bowl team? I don’t think so.

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

In addition, Brady brings so much more to the table to the team off the field. He's a winner and we been losers. Bring in winners to change the culture

Peas and rice i hate this, do you really think Ferrell doesn’t know how to win? Jacobs? What is a winning mentality? Not giving up? Brady isn’t Captain America, he’s not going to will guys to be better. He won’t make a 4.5 guy turn into a 4.3. Look at Mullins, working out in the off season with Chad Johnson. Did Brady make him do that? No. Honestly this what is he going to show the team that they don’t already know? 

26 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

Also I can admit that, being from New England, part of me just wants to strut around in my black Brady jersey, head high, watching him prosper as the patriots fall into a black hole. Pun intended.

I’d pre order a Brady jersey first day. Probably a black one. 

Right now Carr (white) is the only active one I have. And despite BP/Dessie trying to build a narrative against me as some huge Carr hater, I still rock it once in a blue moon. 

Throwbacks I have: Kenny Stabler (white) (favorite jersey), Tim Brown (black), Jerry Rice (black), Napoleon Kauffman (black), Charles Woodson (black). 

I’d have a lot more but I don’t get the cheap s***, only the Elite $300 ones. 

My dad keeps asking for a Howie Long throwback every time I visit him, so gotta get that one too. 

6 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Peas and rice i hate this, do you really think Ferrell doesn’t know how to win? Jacobs? What is a winning mentality? Not giving up? Brady isn’t Captain America, he’s not going to will guys to be better. He won’t make a 4.5 guy turn into a 4.3. Look at Mullins, working out in the off season with Chad Johnson. Did Brady make him do that? No. Honestly this what is he going to show the team that they don’t already know? 

He’ll make you believe you can win. That means something. You think the pregame speeches mean nothing? You think the look in his eye in the 4th quarter means nothing? If so, you’ve never played sports. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

He’ll make you believe you can win. That means something. You think the pregame speeches mean nothing? You think the look in his eye in the 4th quarter means nothing? If so, you’ve never played sports. 

Exactly, his takes have been rather bad in my sole point of view, in this thread. 

21 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Him and Carr had more or less the same taken and more or less had the same numbers. Peyton Manning was 3 seasons removed from the best season ever when he fell off a cliff. I couldn’t care less about 6 rings, the man is on the decline. 

I agree.  Remember, this is a team sport.  Tom Terrific.......I think his agent penned that title.

49 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Ferrell and Jacobs came from the NCAA winning programs over 3-4 years xD This is the NFL, a different ball game here. 

Brady has won 6 NFL Super Bowls and 9 appearances over 20 seasons. The most in history of the game.  Ask yourself, what type of comparison is that to winning NCAA programs?

If you don't understand the importance of QB's in locker rooms and the organization, then I'm done speaking with you because you don't understand the depth of pro sports. There's a reason why QBs are the most paid. Called "Franchise" QBs, regarded as the most important player on the field, "C" on their jersey. 

Brady is literally the goat.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Not going to the sideline mopeing after an int is a winning mentality.

• Like 1

Jeff Darlington had this to say about Brady. Mind you he is very well connected to Tom.

ESPN’s Jeff Darlington went on “The Adam Schefter Podcast” Wednesday and discussed the futures of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and 2019 Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill. But, like everything else, it all goes back to Brady.

“I put the Titans and (Las Vegas) Raiders, right now, as the frontrunners for Tom Brady’s services,” Darlington said. “Tennessee has to be considered one of the bright spots when you look at what Tom Brady is looking for in free agency — whether it is the team itself and what they possess personnel-wise, whether it is the ability to potentially collaborate with the head coach and have some say in both game-planning and personnel.

“I quite frankly think the Tennessee Titans make a lot of sense for Tom Brady.”

Also TJ houshmandzadeh who has connections with Toms trainer said zero percent chance he’s going back. 

If Brady doesn’t come to Vegas. Tennessee is where I would like him to go cause it opens up the possibility of Tannehill. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Jeff Darlington had this to say about Brady. Mind you he is very well connected to Tom.

ESPN’s Jeff Darlington went on “The Adam Schefter Podcast” Wednesday and discussed the futures of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and 2019 Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill. But, like everything else, it all goes back to Brady.

“I put the Titans and (Las Vegas) Raiders, right now, as the frontrunners for Tom Brady’s services,” Darlington said. “Tennessee has to be considered one of the bright spots when you look at what Tom Brady is looking for in free agency — whether it is the team itself and what they possess personnel-wise, whether it is the ability to potentially collaborate with the head coach and have some say in both game-planning and personnel.

“I quite frankly think the Tennessee Titans make a lot of sense for Tom Brady.”

Also TJ houshmandzadeh who has connections with Toms trainer said zero percent chance he’s going back. 

If Brady doesn’t come to Vegas. Tennessee is where I would like him to go cause it opens up the possibility of Tannehill. 

I’d love Tanny on a 2-3 year contract and draft a QB. Although def prefer Brady.