Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

12 hours ago, FreshPrince said:

He’ll make you believe you can win. That means something. You think the pregame speeches mean nothing? You think the look in his eye in the 4th quarter means nothing? If so, you’ve never played sports. 

Except Brady isn’t the only guy who can do this. His skills have diminished and his inspirational ability certainly aren’t worth 30 million dollar. Like I said he ain’t Captain America, this isn’t a movie. And Carr himself has had more 4 quarter comebacks. His teammates have to a man come out all though the offseason in support of him. If they didn’t believe in him why would they do that? Carr has issues I’m not going to downplay that at all. I’ve just heard not from you guys but from media individuals that Brady’s championship pedigree is worth the 30 million he’d command even if he’s not the same guy psychically, and I think that’s insane. 

12 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ferrell and Jacobs came from the NCAA winning programs over 3-4 years xD This is the NFL, a different ball game here. 

Brady has won 6 NFL Super Bowls and 9 appearances over 20 seasons. The most in history of the game.  Ask yourself, what type of comparison is that to winning NCAA programs?

If you don't understand the importance of QB's in locker rooms and the organization, then I'm done speaking with you because you don't understand the depth of pro sports. There's a reason why QBs are the most paid. Called "Franchise" QBs, regarded as the most important player on the field, "C" on their jersey. 

Brady is literally the goat.

A winning mindset isn’t different between college and pros. Winners work on their crafts, winners don’t give up Winners play hurt. Even if you don’t believe Carr is this guy literally every other guy on the roster does. Crosby, Mullins, Ferrel, Abrams, Brown, Hudson, Jacobs, Renferow, Waller are all fighters that know how to win and work at it. The culture is pretty good with the Raiders what they lack is talent. Adding an aging QB at the twilight of his career won’t help as much as people believe. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Except Brady isn’t the only guy who can do this. His skills have diminished and his inspirational ability certainly aren’t worth 30 million dollar. Like I said he ain’t Captain America, this isn’t a movie. And Carr himself has had more 4 quarter comebacks. His teammates have to a man come out all though the offseason in support of him. If they didn’t believe in him why would they do that? Carr has issues I’m not going to downplay that at all. I’ve just heard not from you guys but from media individuals that Brady’s championship pedigree is worth the 30 million he’d command even if he’s not the same guy psychically, and I think that’s insane. 

Dude nobody comes out and says their QB sucks and you may have to play with the guy.

• Like 1

Just stop! Carr can't carry Brady's jock strap. Brady is among the very best to ever play QB. Carr isn't among the best in the league right now let alone of all time. 

I don't believe he is leaving New England, but he would be the perfect guy for a Love or Eason to learn behind. 

Carr would have a meltdown if those guys were drafted while he was the starter. Precious wouldn't be able to handle the disrespect of us drafting a new QB. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Just stop! Carr can't carry Brady's jock strap. Brady is among the very best to ever play QB. Carr isn't among the best in the league right now let alone of all time. 

I don't believe he is leaving New England, but he would be the perfect guy for a Love or Eason to learn behind. 

Carr would have a meltdown if those guys were drafted while he was the starter. Precious wouldn't be able to handle the disrespect of us drafting a new QB. 

Didn’t Brady run Jimmy Garappolo out of NE?

My goodness the amount romanticism in this thread is incredible. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Didn’t Brady run Jimmy Garappolo out of NE?

My goodness the amount romanticism in this thread is incredible. 

To be fair, no QB drafted by the Patriots since Brady has been there has been developed into much of anything.  So yeah, I don't see how drafting a guy under Brady is any better than under Carr.  In fact, it's almost a guarantee with 20 years of proof that he isn't out to help groom anyone. Matt Cassell is the most established starter of the bunch, then it's Jimmy and Jacoby I guess.

5 hours ago, true2form said:

To be fair, no QB drafted by the Patriots since Brady has been there has been developed into much of anything.  So yeah, I don't see how drafting a guy under Brady is any better than under Carr.  In fact, it's almost a guarantee with 20 years of proof that he isn't out to help groom anyone. Matt Cassell is the most established starter of the bunch, then it's Jimmy and Jacoby I guess.

I agree with this , even if we do sign tom terrific, he isn't coming here to groom doodly, he`s coming here for A) money B) to help with the tb12 brand , and C) to prove to everyone he can win without belichick. the qb "grooming will have to be done by gruden and other coaches I`d bet.

17 hours ago, ragingraider said:

You mean WAS

39 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I agree with this , even if we do sign tom terrific, he isn't coming here to groom doodly, he`s coming here for A) money B) to help with the tb12 brand , and C) to prove to everyone he can win without belichick. the qb "grooming will have to be done by gruden and other coaches I`d bet.

It's also done by the QB who chooses to watch and ask questions see how Brady prepares, plus you never know Brady knows he's close to retirement and might like to get some credit for helping groom a guy who takes his place eventually and becomes a stud.