Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Watch the games. Read my post a couple posts above. Worst combined WR/TE core in the NFL. No TE’s at all. Only WR is Edelmen. Who is always bracketed. Dorsett is awful, Harry is awful, and Sanu has struggled with separation for four long seasons. Also, a middle of the pack OLine that is barely Top 20. 

What has Brady regressed in? Name me one thing. His arm has lost absolutely zero velocity since 2015. Still a strong arm unlike Rivers/Eli. Pats fans will tell you this, anyone will tell you this. Same exact arm past four seasons. He is still #1 in Pocket Presence in the NFL. He is still the #1 progression reader in the NFL. And he’s still #1 at reading coverage pre snap. 

Watch the games. Read my post a couple posts above. Worst combined WR/TE core in the NFL. No TE’s at all. Only WR is Edelmen. Who is always bracketed. Dorsett is awful, Harry is awful, and Sanu has struggled with separation for four long seasons. Also, a middle of the pack OLine that is barely Top 20. 

What has Brady regressed in? Name me one thing. His arm has lost absolutely zero velocity since 2015. Still a strong arm unlike Rivers/Eli. Pats fans will tell you this, anyone will tell you this. Same exact arm past four seasons. He is still #1 in Pocket Presence in the NFL. He is still the #1 progression reader in the NFL. And he’s still #1 at reading coverage pre snap. 

Don’t give me that about building a team around Brady so we can win  because  you’re against doing it with Carr.

His arms is lacking the strength that he once had.  He has  to step into more throws which takes time and throws off his rhythm with the WRs.  Do you think his arm will get stronger or weaker as he ages ?

Take a look then tell me how great he still is.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb/2019

Bottom line Bradys on the decline Carr is getting better.

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

Don’t give me that about building a team around Brady so we can win  because  you’re against doing it with Carr.

His arms is lacking the strength that he once had.  He has  to step into more throws which takes time and throws off his rhythm with the WRs.  Do you think his arm will get stronger or weaker as he ages ?

Take a look then tell me how great he still is.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb/2019

Bottom line Bradys on the decline Carr is getting better.

Bradys arm is still a strong arm, he is still making high velocity throws. He has not regressed in literally any trait. His arm took a minor regression around 2015 but is still the same since then. 

And stop spinning this for your own narrative. I’m not saying “build” around Brady. I’m saying we already have the team. Top 5 OL, Renfrow/Williams/Waller. This is WAY better than what NE has and is a pretty decent core despite constant crying from Carr fans. Add Brady and a WR at Pick 12 and we have a Top 5 Offense in the NFL. 

Brady regressing huh? How about you watch games brother. First 7 games of the year Brady was a Top 3-4 MVP candidate and was ripping teams apart. Why? Because they were playing a mix of zone and man. Next 9 games was almost exclusively man coverage minus some zone blitzes. Teams saw New Englands WR core cannot get any separation against man coverage and they adjusted according. It’s literally a pathetic group. 

• Like 1

Does everyone here think if our o line gives up only 20-25 sacks next year Carr can't have a year like 2016 again? I know he's been struggling the past few years but I think 1 more year with good protection and receivers he can bounce back and then we got a guy for at least 7 years and maybe 1 or 2 more. I think he still has what it takes and not being cliche but Jim Plunkett was almost out of football before he got on a good team and we know how that worked out. Tom Brady in silver and black is just wrong in so many ways and for just a year or 2 may be all we have him for and players up in years regress rapidly when it happens it's not gradual he could lose all his velocity just in one year and then were screwed. I think we have the pieces in place like others have said and were ready to step forward with Carr.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Is Davis allowed to talk to Brady before the free agency period?  I hope nothing stupid was said.

Yes, they can talk all they want, just not about him joining the Raiders, even in a joking way. I don’t think we need to worry about it though. If anyone is causing collusion it’s Dana White. He’s a lifelong Pats fan but wants Brady in Vegas to promote the Raiders and get more people to Vegas for UFC and his other endeavors. 

18 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Did some digging, here are his final QB rankings:

2018:

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Allen, Wyoming
3. Josh Rosen, UCLA
4. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
5. Lamar Jackson, Louisville

2017:

1. Deshaun Watson, Clemson
2. Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina
3. Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech
4. DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. Davis Webb, California

2016:

1. Carson Wentz, North Dakota State
2. Jared Goff, California
3. Paxton Lynch, Memphis
4. Connor Cook, Michigan State
5. Christian Hackenberg, Penn State

2015:

1. Marcus Mariota, Oregon
2. Jameis Winston, Florida State
3. Bryce Petty, Baylor
4. Brett Hundley, UCLA
5. Sean Mannion, Oregon State

2014:

1. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
2. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
3. Derek Carr, Fresno State
4. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
T-5. Zach Mettenberger, LSU
T-5. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

Wow one could argue that 2014 draft is is backward. But dang could you imagine if the Raiders had Gruden and Mayock in 2014? Manziel would have been the pick probably. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

https://youtu.be/rQBrJpMtAMo

i know this isn’t an actual scouting report but it’s funny to me how often people criticize Carr for throwing short of the sticks considering how often Brady does it. 

This is my take.  They literally play the same way.  I'd bet Carr has studied him and models his game after him quite a bit.  Brady has been way more successful, but he's had all of the advantages in the last 20 years that every QB dreams of.

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dana White. He’s a lifelong Pats fan but wants Brady in Vegas to promote the Raiders and get more people to Vegas for UFC and his other endeavors. 

Ding ding ding. Look what he did with ufc the guy understands marketing, advertising, promoting and hype. 

I bet the Pats get more top free agents because of winning culture than the Raiders would with Brady. They’ll get another QB and be right back in the playoff hunt. Jimmy G, Jacoby, both starters who sat behind Brady. The system from the top down is one of the best. Raiders one of the worst. History is great but decades of doo doo with a nice run with Gruden the first time. 

• Like 1

- Dana White invited Tom to UFC 246, tickets paid for. 

- Mark Davis is not a UFC fan. 

- The two were talking for over 20 minutes according to sources. 

I’ve been saying Tom to Vegas since October. Rich Eisen called it in November. Come to Vegas, Tom. 

Dana White UFC 246 Presser: “I thought you guys were going to ask me ‘Hey, Tom Brady was here. Davis was here. I saw them talking. What’s going on?’” White joked on Saturday night. “Are you guys (expletive) Las Vegans or what? Come on man. If that dude isn’t playing for Boston he’s playing here.”

10 hours ago, true2form said:

This is my take.  They literally play the same way.  I'd bet Carr has studied him and models his game after him quite a bit.  Brady has been way more successful, but he's had all of the advantages in the last 20 years that every QB dreams of.

I kind of have the same impression.  Reminds me of Kobe trying to be Jordan.  Only Carr is no where near Kobe's level and I thought Kobe was the most overrated player of all time.