Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha Tom Brady is going to the Raiders bc @BayRaider thinks we're close LOL.  History shows we have been a dumpster fire of a franchise for the last 20 years and you think Brady is stupid enough to play for an organization like that? 

Most likely Brady ends up back in NE after they land the weapons he wants but I can assure you he would never step foot in Las Vegas on a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 20 years.  He's not playing at 41 and going to a situation where he can look foolish.  If he somehow did test FA I could see him landing on a team like the Bears but I find it very unlikely he will leave the Pats.  

The Bears? Zero chance. Brady probably does end up back in NE but if he doesn’t, it’s 65% Raiders and 35% Chargers. Day one of training camp you’ll see Brady in a Patriot, Raider, or Charger jersey. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Bears? Zero chance. Brady probably does end up back in NE but if he doesn’t, it’s 65% Raiders and 35% Chargers. Day one of training camp you’ll see Brady in a Patriot, Raider, or Charger jersey. 

I think it's closer to the opposite. If he leaves NE is 65% Chargers 25% Raiders 10% other. 

Mainly because I don't think we approach Brady, don't believe Gruden and Mayock feel the way you so confidently assume they feel about DC. I think they feel like Carr is their longterm guy, pending a crash and burn situation. Which hasn't happened despite your best effort to convince yourself and others he has.

Edited by OG_C2X

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is unreal. I can't even get my head around it. 

I had a lot of complaints about him as a player because I am a Laker fan but I can not even force myself to say anything bad about him right now.  He had his 13 year old daughter with him also.  Very sad situation.

Back when Adam reported Brady and the Pats are likely done in early October, I looked through every NFL Team. The only one that made sense was the Raiders. The only one. This was before Rivers demise though and his arm started dying around Week 9-10. Chargers and Raiders are basically his only landing spots. Let’s compare:

Chargers:

- RB, WRs, and TEs probably ranks Top 5 in the NFL. Something Tom is dying for. 
- Bottom 5 Offensive Line. Unless they use Pick 6 on a OT. 
- Anthony Lynn I certainly would not put in the Top 20 Head Coaches in the NFL. Nor does he have an offensive mind. 
- Gets to open a new stadium. 
- Get to pursue Los Angeles career opportunities. 
- Could have a Top 8-10 Defense. 

Raiders: 

- If draft or sign WR, could potentially be a Top 10 RB/WR/TE core. As of now, it’s around Top 20. 
- Top 5 Offensive Line. 
- Top 12-13 Head Coach in Jon Gruden, who is offensive minded. SB winning coach also. 
- Gets to open new stadium. 
- Could have a Top 13-17 defense if everything goes well in draft/FA. Big if. 

All depends on Toms preferences. Does he value weapons and defense more? Chargers are your team. Does he value an elite offensive line and much better coaching staff? Raiders are your team. 

Every day I feel better and better about this. 

Chargers make sense, but then you step back and really look at things and would Tom Brady really go play second fiddle to the Rams and be the 4th most popular team in LA? Can't see it. Plus the Chargers have an awful offensive line which they can fix in the draft but that would still worry me if I was Tom and he really gonna play for Anthony Lynn? Just don't see those things happen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

https://www.pscp.tv/stevecofield/1MYGNkZgbpoJw

could be nothing could be something 

Doesn't mean he's coming here obviously, could be a vacation house. However, could also be his thinking "Hey if I pick the Raiders, I'll have this vacation house ready as my residence". Timing obviously may suggest that line of thinking that he is at least strongly considering the Raiders.

Like you said, could be nothing, could be something. None of us are in his head.

Edited by BayRaider

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

If I were betting today I would say he's going to the Chargers. They have a ready-made roster in a brand new stadium in a city I imagine Brady wants to spend a lot of his time post-career.

Chargers NEED a box office player to sell tickets to their games. They are having serious issues with tickets right now. Brady would fix that

• Like 1