Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

As every day goes by, I think to myself. Are we going to see a changing of the guard?

I continue to believe firmly that Carr will be the starting QB in Vegas for a long time, but the possibility of Gruden going into Vegas with a bang and signing Brady to a 2 year deal and shipping Carr off seems more realistic every day. 

Still don't believe there is any thought of us drafting a QB and letting him sit behind Carr in the organization. I don't think Gruden wants a Rookie QB to "Groom" that is too much work at this point in Gruden's career. 

Edited by OG_C2X

8 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

Why would we bring Brady in? Ignoring the fact of his age for a moment (though that is a pretty big factor), he has a Yard per average in 2019 of 6.6 which is a stat oft used to discredit Carr who had a YPA of 7.9!

This is going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng off-season. 

QTFT

1 hour ago, Heart of Oak said:

Why would we bring Brady in? Ignoring the fact of his age for a moment (though that is a pretty big factor), he has a Yard per average in 2019 of 6.6 which is a stat oft used to discredit Carr who had a YPA of 7.9!

I'm not the most objective on the subject but the fact the Pats would be willing to let him go is telling. This isn't Manning when the Colts had the pick to draft Luck. They have no one to take over but haven't pushed to bring Brady back. If the most successful franchise of the last 20 years thinks it's time to move on, teams around the league should be careful.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

Brady had the worst RB/WR/TE core in the league by a country mile. It’s funny Carr fans use this excuse when ours isn’t even bad. It’s at least Top 17-18 and with a #1 WR could be Top 5-8. Brady also had a below average line this year. Bradys arm has not lost any velocity. 

You are fooling yourself if you don’t think Brady will be highly chased in FA. It is rumored he will have at least 12 pursuers. 

Also, Brady leaving the Pats is 100% Bradys decision. He was upset they didn’t give him a year contract extension when he was playing great football last year. I also thinks he wants to prove it was him winning titles and not all Bellichick for his legacy. 

Edited by BayRaider

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If you could release Carr and allow him to make his way North to rejoin Khalil we would appreciate it.

If you could sign Brady first and hurt your trade leverage that would be ideal.

Carr in Chicago would be an awful fit. He is atrocious in cold weather. I think Carr would do great in Indy and I hope we trade him there IF we move on. I would still root on Carr despite what people think. I’m a Raider fan first, by a mile, over any player. 

18 minutes ago, Totty said:

So uhhh... Brady just bought property in Las Vegas....O.o

Already mentioned it on the last page. My theory is Dana White told him about a good new housing development that many celebs have bought property in. They facetime multiple times a week apparently. And it could be Bradys mindset “Well, at least I have a house if I do end up picking the Raiders”. It doesn’t mean he has chose us but I do think he is strongly considering us. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:
3 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

Brady had the worst RB/WR/TE core in the league by a country mile. It’s funny Carr fans use this excuse when ours isn’t even bad. It’s at least Top 17-18 and with a #1 WR could be Top 5-8. Brady also had a below average line this year. Bradys arm has not lost any velocity.

Once again, just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. Edelman is far better than any of our receivers, he was battling injuries but so were ours, his running back core are very decent receivers and it's pretty clear from watching him play his arm although still decent isn't what it used to be, his short accuracy and touch are also jaded. 

Now, he's still a general on the field and a class operator but you're either not watching NE play or are overplaying to suit an agenda.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Once again, just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. Edelman is far better than any of our receivers, he was battling injuries but so were ours, his running back core are very decent receivers and it's pretty clear from watching him play his arm although still decent isn't what it used to be, his short accuracy and touch are also jaded. 

Now, he's still a general on the field and a class operator but you're either not watching NE play or are overplaying to suit an agenda.   

I am watching NE play, the problem is everyone else either box score scouting or not looking that his targets are never open. Edelmen was his only target all year and constantly bracketed. Dorsett/Harry/All his TEs are awful. Sanu struggles with separation. And I’m not in the minority opinion, I’m very much in the majority opinion. His RBs all averaged under 4 ypc and were all miserable. People just look at names “Oh Sony Michel... hes good!” Michel was AWFUL this year. His vision really regressed. Part of it him, part of it OLine. 

Bradys WR/RB/TE was the worst in the league. His OL maybe 20ish range. 

So what did Brady regress in? His arm strength did not take a hit last year. Still has the same velocity as it did years ago. Is it the same as 2011? No. Is it the same as 2015/2016? Yes. Saying he lost any arm strength last year is building a narrative/agenda against Brady purely because of age and not actually watching film. And once again, this is actually majority opinion. I’m not really going against the grain. Only one spouting Brady has lost arm strength is Max Kellermen who has been saying Brady will fall off a cliff for six seasons now. I don’t watch Media shows like that though.