Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I kind of have the same impression.  Reminds me of Kobe trying to be Jordan.  Only Carr is no where near Kobe's level and I thought Kobe was the most overrated player of all time.  

First, Brady has a better feel for situational football than Carr does. Second, Carr is missing that one dimension that Brady has. THE WILL TO WIN. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dana White UFC 246 Presser: “I thought you guys were going to ask me ‘Hey, Tom Brady was here. Davis was here. I saw them talking. What’s going on?’” White joked on Saturday night. “Are you guys (expletive) Las Vegans or what? Come on man. If that dude isn’t playing for Boston he’s playing here.”

If you finish the quote though, “I don’t know, I have no idea what I’m talking about. But yeah, he liked the fight” 

So Adam Hill had a conversation with Dana White after the UFC press conference about the Tom Brady thing and he believes Brady will come to the west coast if he’s not gonna be in NE. A couple of teams made sense for Tom including the Raiders being the most likely. Broncos made sense but they have Drew Lock. Also Chargers make sense. And from the 5 minute conversation he had with Dana Adam Hill does believe that Dana and Tom have had talks about going to the Raiders. 

On 1/23/2020 at 9:42 PM, RaisinBran said:

Brady to Renfrow.... sounds nice but I don't see Brady coming here. Gruden likes QB's with mobility and if he's going to get a new one he probably wants one with that extra ability to scramble.

Gruden really hasn't coached with a mobile QB. Gannon was probably his most mobile starter and Gannon wasn't a super mobile guy in my opinion.

Carr can do many thing Gruden wants which is why he is still on the team. He can get the ball out quick, he can do that with accuracy, and he is above average smart. The issue with Carr is the deep ball accuracy, pocket presence, an unwillingness to use his above average speed as QB to pick up yards and extend plays. 

Gruden is clearly become acutely aware of Carr's issues. He isn't a super patient guy. the Raiders have been complimentary of Carr up to a point. They certainly haven't given Carr reason to be certain about his future. 

I think a lot depends on what happens in FA. If we can address our most glaring needs on defense, we are going to be in the market to select a Qb perhaps as high as #13 and select a WR at #19.

1 hour ago, ragingraider said:

I accept that Gannon was willing to run around a bit, and pick up yards when they are made available. 

Gannon ran a 4.58 40 and when drafted the Vikings wanted to play him at RB.  He was already old when he signed with us but still had some wheels.  He was also great at creating time for himself.  I would say he was a very mobile QB.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:00 PM, drfrey13 said:

I kind of have the same impression.  Reminds me of Kobe trying to be Jordan.  Only Carr is no where near Kobe's level and I thought Kobe was the most overrated player of all time.  

Kobe overrated?!?!?! Blasphemy