Telvin Smith and the future at WLB

.Buzz

1 hour ago, VLoo said:

I'd ask for like 5 times that if they were comparing deals. Ogletree is trash.

Definitely not huge on Ogeltree. Can't say I get why the Rams did this, especially with Donald and Johnson needing deals. Those guys have proven it on the field, Ogeltree has not and you compensated him as if he did.

21 minutes ago, iPwn said:

He’s not wrong. But this is also the kind of thing a player starts to say right about the time they get fed up with those around them and want to be elsewhere. Hope that’s not the case, but...

when u give up 14 points on a KR and a Blocked Punt you have a right to be pissed. 

15 minutes ago, Jags said:

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/10/17/16487904/jacksonville-jaguars-daily-telvin-smith-holds-special-teams-accountable-for-loss-and-hes-right

According to BCC, Coach Marrone welcomed the accountability. There is professionalism, true, but just like Jason Myers, players must be held accountable. 

The point I was making is that typically when a player starts to point fingers, that’s the point that things start to go south with their relationship with other players and the team as a whole.

I think a lot of things within professionalism is a cult-like religious behavior. “You have to do this or else it’s bad”. So at the level that he called out teammates, I don’t care that it doesn’t fit some norm of bahavior that is expected. It’s more that when players get to the point of being frustrated enough to break that code of conduct and call other players out, they’ve typically hit a level of frustration that can’t be easily fixed.

I hope this is like Peyton’s “idiot Kicker” comment where just letting go of Myers fixes it, but we’ll see.

21 minutes ago, iPwn said:

The point I was making is that typically when a player starts to point fingers, that’s the point that things start to go south with their relationship with other players and the team as a whole.

I think a lot of things within professionalism is a cult-like religious behavior. “You have to do this or else it’s bad”. So at the level that he called out teammates, I don’t care that it doesn’t fit some norm of bahavior that is expected. It’s more that when players get to the point of being frustrated enough to break that code of conduct and call other players out, they’ve typically hit a level of frustration that can’t be easily fixed.

I hope this is like Peyton’s “idiot Kicker” comment where just letting go of Myers fixes it, but we’ll see.

Ah! I got you.  

9 hours ago, iPwn said:

Yeah.  I really hope it's not the start of a bigger "i've had enough of this trash organization" problem.  Not only because i want very much to see Telvin remain a Jaguar...but because that sort of attitude can be highly contagious.

It's one of many downsides to doing a scorched earth rebuild, fumbling around a bunch, continuing to be a laughingstock for so long...and still not really fixing the most important position on the field.  Especially when you're trying to build something in a lower profile, not necessarily ultra-desirable market for NFL players.  It's way too easy to get trapped in the quicksand of that attitude/frustration.

Archived