Las Vegas Raiders Total Control Mock Draft - Littleton is a Raider!!

DTMW78

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

That was dumb lol. 

But ok thanks for the heads up. 

I would counter with 81 and 118. 

Did scherff get tagged or is he available? Since you got rid of a top 10 OG better replace him with someone not named Denzelle Good

Quite a few were on board with the trade tbh.

1 hour ago, Totty said:
5 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Quite a few were on board with the trade tbh.

I was.  Saves a ton of money and Good stepped in and did well in albeit limited time during Richies suspension

Gabes play wasn’t at a top 10 level, far from it. Maybe that was due to playing through injury, maybe he’s fallen off some. I don’t think it was that crazy a move to move him for a 3rd round pick given we have a solid replacement in house. Incognito and Good should be fine.

• Like 1

Just now, Darbsk said:

Gabes play wasn’t at a top 10 level, far from it. Maybe that was due to playing through injury, maybe he’s fallen off some. I don’t think it was that crazy a move to move him for a 3rd round pick given we have a solid replacement in house. Incognito and Good should be fine.

That and RG is literally the least valuable position on the line.  Gabe making that kind of money (for that kind of play ((injury or not)) is a bit much.  If he would have came back and played at an elite level, sure.  Keeping him would have been fine.  I have faith in Good, and he's a fraction of the price.  

23 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

You should draft a G at some point. Trading Gabe is the right move.

Yep, Gabe was a 3rd round pick who turned into a solid starter.  This is what most teams do and for good reason. No reason we can't replace him in exactly the same way.

37 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Creating more holes on a team is just silly. Good is a significant downgrade.

But i get it. It's a mock. Having more draft picks is fun. 

I disagree.  Even if this wasn't a mock, this would probably be the right move.  You're talking like Good was a liability when he stepped in.  He wasn't.  He actually played pretty well.  By no means am I saying that he s the reason for it, but the O was clicking early in the year when Good was in action.  Jacobs was running wild, the offense was moving at a better pace.  ETC.  Again, not saying it was on him, but there definitely was not a 'hole' created when he was playing.  

Gabe is a RG playing at 9.6 million dollar this year.  That is hefty.  RG is the least valuable position on the line.  

I don't see a problem with moving Gabe for a 3rd. That's the right value. Moving him just for the sake of it for a 5th or 6th or something would have been a dumb move. We have Trent and Hudson being paid at an elite level for linemen, we have Miller making first round money, and we have Incognito playing a role for decent value, and great play. Good stepped in and played at a high level, the offensive line didn't seem to miss him much when he was gone. I think OL play is extremely important, but I also think you can find good guards in the mid rounds and free agency. I don't think Jackson is worth his current contract in comparison to the value he brings to the team. I'm fine with Good starting, he's good 4 solid to very good linemen around him, and depth can be added in the draft and free agency. Getting a third for him and pulling the trigger isn't stupid to me. 

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

Had a couple of inquiries on him but nothing concrete.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought about him.

Key is definitely expendable, he's flashed potential here and there but he's not as good as Maxx or as sturdy against the run as Ferrell and would only be a rotational pass rusher. If you brought back Jordan or Mayowa he'd be sharing snaps with the rotation. He may break out but we hoped that this year.