Romeo Crennel not expected to return as Texans DC

Drained

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001098041/article/romeo-crennel-not-expected-to-return-as-texans-dc

Was reports of him contemplating retirement, but his contract just expired and apparently they don't want him back as DC, they want him to retire or return as a senior advisor.

Someone else taking the fall for Bill again. Fun times to be a Texans fan

• Like 2

He really wasn't even that good.  

He has a ton of NFL experience with multiple teams, but didn't do much to improve those teams.  

If you ever wanted to make the case for the little guy on the sidelines for a coordinator or head coaching position, you'd make that case against a guy like Romeo Crennel.  

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

They only made it worse. Another Yes man, and the firing of Chris Olson from the Flat FO means that BoB has MORE power.

What is the owners rationale for doing this? Having unchecked power is never a good thing in any organization. Without Watson, the Texans would probably not be in the playoffs. The window is NOW to build around him and enter a championship run.

20 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

What is the owners rationale for doing this? Having unchecked power is never a good thing in any organization. Without Watson, the Texans would probably not be in the playoffs. The window is NOW to build around him and enter a championship run.

I... honestly don't know. I've played every single scenario in my head, and I don't know anything that justifies giving this particular person so much power.