All 32 Starting QB's Next Season

DoleINGout

17 minutes ago, Danger said:
17 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I can counter with one simple idiot.

Jerry Jones.

@Matts4313

Yeah? If I had to defend the strides Jerry has made to everyone who bashed him, I would be here in perpetuity. Bashing Jerry is a meme. Just like Jason the clapper. Eagles booing Santa. Eli-face. Redskins being the Redskins. 

Is what it is. People post memes because its easy. Stupid people believe them as if they are 100% gospel. 

If this guy *actually* thinks Jerry is an idiot; then he is ignorant or really dumb. But since you summoned me:

Jerry graduated college early, the son of a pharmacist who was upper middle class. 

By the time Jerry graduated, he had married Mrs. Arkansas and won a national championship.

By his mid 20's, he was a self made millionaire. He got his #gloryholes in the oil business.

He funded and bought the Dallas Cowboys, who where bleeding cash in the 80's. 

Within 5 years he was a Superbowl Champ. 

Within 5 more years he was structuring the TV Deals that made the NFL surpass baseball. This included rev sharing that paid him more than all the other NFL owners.

Within 5 more years he was a billionaire who created salary cap. Which propelled the NFL to its now glorious highs.

Within the next decade he turned his team in the #1 sports franchise *IN THE ENTIRE EFFING WORLD*

If Jerry is an idiot, what does that make @DoleINGout?

*timeframes slightly skewed because I am too lazy to look up dates right now

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

The cost of doing business.

This is beyond reductionist.  And now it seems like you're being stubborn just because you don't want to consider criticism.  This isn't Madden.  A team already $2M over the cap (and having to make cuts/restructures just to be able to sign their rookie class) isn't going to go out of its way to accrue more in the red.  That's not just bad business, it's stupid.  Moreover, Foles is scheduled to receive a fully guaranteed salary of over $15M next season with an additional $500K per game bonus; that would carry with him to his new team.  When you factor in his 2020 $5M roster bonus, he'd carry a cap number (before the per game bonuses) of just under $20M in that year too.

So the cost of "acquiring" what's likely a Day 3 pick, at best" (more realistically, the Texans set a precedent of having to pay another team a 2nd round pick to take such a dismal contract off their hands) is eating additional money against an already stressed cap/budget when you don't have to?  I hope to God you never go into business.

I agree Tannehill was better than Prescott and probably is better overall, but I think the Titans won't want to franchise him and the Cowboys will swoop in. Prescott signing would be a poor move, but one I could see happening almost out of panic if both QB's end up elsewhere quickly.

Mmmmmmmmmm.....

No.

I agree Tannehill was better than Prescott and probably is better overall, but I think the Titans won't want to franchise him and the Cowboys will swoop in. Prescott signing would be a poor move, but one I could see happening almost out of panic if both QB's end up elsewhere quickly.

Again, the Titans do not have the money to sign Dak to a deal he wants, unless their active plan is to scrap their team and rebuild for no reason.  Your logic is that the Titans don't franchise a better QB, who they know, and like, and will instead, let half their starters from an AFC Championship game season walk to sign a QB that had a worse season, and also they pay him way more.

0 percent chance.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

But since you summoned me:

I didn't read the post between this part and where you @ me, but I don't appreciate the name calling Matt.

Like you said, the Jerry bashing is a meme basically, and as such, I saw an opportunity to exploit it hopeful for a football or two. I found it clever to twist the @Danger post with "idiom" into "idiot" to diffuse the situation a bit.

Carry on. That was impressive though, you came up with a large post on-call.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah? If I had to defend the strides Jerry has made to everyone who bashed him, I would be here in perpetuity. Bashing Jerry is a meme. Just like Jason the clapper. Eagles booing Santa. Eli-face. Redskins being the Redskins. 

I was more looking for you to speak on the situation of the team, when things changed, and the management of Stephen Jones.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

This is beyond reductionist.  And now it seems like you're being stubborn just because you don't want to consider criticism.  This isn't Madden.  A team already $2M over the cap (and having to make cuts/restructures just to be able to sign their rookie class) isn't going to go out of its way to accrue more in the red.  That's not just bad business, it's stupid.  Moreover, Foles is scheduled to receive a fully guaranteed salary of over $15M next season with an additional $500K per game bonus; that would carry with him to his new team.  When you factor in his 2020 $5M roster bonus, he'd carry a cap number (before the per game bonuses) of just under $20M in that year too.

So the cost of "acquiring" what's likely a Day 3 pick, at best" (more realistically, the Texans set a precedent of having to pay another team a 2nd round pick to take such a dismal contract off their hands) is eating additional money against an already stressed cap/budget when you don't have to?  I hope to God you never go into business.

If you base everything I do in life off of this one post that is highly reactionary. Or is it reductionist... :S

I didn't read the post between this part and where you @ me, but I don't appreciate the name calling Matt.

Like you said, the Jerry bashing is a meme basically, and as such, I saw an opportunity to exploit it hopeful for a football or two. I found it clever to twist the @Danger post with "idiom" into "idiot" to diffuse the situation a bit.

Carry on. That was impressive though, you came up with a large post on-call.

I said you were ignorant or really dumb. You are ignorant. Thats not an insult, that is a fact. You chose not to read how you could be unaware of the facts, so that makes you ignorant to them.

Ignorant: lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

If you would like to become educated to the facts of Jerry, it will take you about 12 seconds to read the post. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I said you were ignorant or really dumb. You are ignorant. Thats not an insult, that is a fact. You chose not to read how you could be unaware of the facts, so that makes you ignorant to them.

If you would like to become educated to the facts of Jerry, it will take you about 12 seconds to read the post. 

You're assuming I was ignorant in the first place. If you read what I said, the Jerry Jones thing I posted is a joke.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danger said:
13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I was more looking for you to speak on the situation of the team, when things changed, and the management of Stephen Jones.

Oh. Thats more easy:

Jerry built something good with Jimmy, flushed it down the toilet the next 5+ years

Jerry built something starting to be good with Parcells,  flushed it down the drain the next 5 yeas.

When Jerry hired Jason, he also gave drafting authority to Will McClay and contracts/roster to Stephen Jones. He learned from his past.

Jerry doesnt run the draft

Jerry doesnt run the roster

Jerry runs marketing. He goes on radio shows and sells spots to pizza companies. 

Jerry also builds big shiny buildings. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:
3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You're assuming I was ignorant in the first place. If you read what I said, the Jerry Jones thing I posted is a joke.

Matt, I want you to stop and observe this. This is exactly how you come across to all of us, almost all the time.