2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

From Sullivan's draft write up...nfl.com

Sullivan's success in four years on the field and in the classroom at Georgia State earned him one of the prestigious finalist spots for the William V. Campbell Trophy, otherwise known as the academic Heisman Trophy. The journalism major with a 3.84-grade point average is also the young program's record-holder in interceptions (seven) and pass breakups (18). He was a third-team All-Sun Belt pick in 2017 as a 12-game starter, helping his team achieve the team's first bowl win by posting 46 tackles, intercepting one pass and breaking up five others. Sullivan was an honorable mention all-conference pick as a sophomore (50 tackles, 4.5 for loss, two interceptions, eight pass breakups in 13 starts) and junior (43 stops, three interceptions, four pass breakups in 12 starts). As a true freshman, Sullivan started eight of 12 games played, stopping 43 ballcarriers, intercepting a pass and breaking up another.

From Zuerlein....

Strengths

• Flashed a disruptive jab from press on a couple of reps against Penn State this season
  • Recognizes route combinations from off-coverage and is able to see and respond to routes developing in his area
  • Shows decent short-area recovery quickness with his feet
  • Shows off quality hand-eye coordination when a play is there to be made
  • Has quick hands to snare interception opportunities that get on top of him
  • Intelligent with ability to take directions from the meeting room out to the field
Weaknesses
  • The longer the runway the more he will fall behind when chasing
  • May not have the long speed to handle NFL burners
  • Tightness in hips offers resistance when asked to open suddenly and sprint
  • Loses valuable ground when changing directions
  • Takes forever to gear down and respond to comeback routes once he gets into sprint mode
  • Runs himself out of potential plays on the ball with excessively deep drops
  • Needs to do a better job of staying in phase through the route
  • Grab-and-drag tackler who goes for rides against big ball carriers

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Pro Football Focus tags him as a Safety, nuff said.  :)  Got a very nice score from them, too.  

Packer.com depth chart has him as a CB, nuff said! But what do the Packer coaches know. I'm sure you and @AlexGreen#20 know more than they do! smh

https://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart

Edited by Golfman

50 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Packer.com depth chart has him as a CB, nuff said! But what do the Packer coaches know. I'm sure you and @AlexGreen#20 know more than they do! smh

https://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart

Dude.  Chill out.  You are really doubling down on a lot of silly things lately.  

I don't really care what he is listed at.  PPF rates him as a safety.  Cool that GB lists him as a corner.  I see that.  I also see that Lucas Patrick is a guard and a center.  Lancaster is a DE.  Adams is a DE and NT.  

I list those others (and Sullivan is not listed as a safety) because there is fluidity.

As far as PFF goes, I find it interesting that they deem his reps to be from a safety position, hence he is rated against others who also play safety.  I wonder how his score would be if scored as a corner.

If you want to continue be snarky, feel free.

Edited by vegas492

Ben Fennell -    Love seeing Darrell Taylor on Josh Norris's Top 50 Big Board - has him at #47 overall Scouting good players on bad teams is always tricky but I can see both Taylor and Nigel Warrior ending up being good players on Sundays.

Darrell Taylor - Tennessee
Loose EDGE/OLB
High Side Rushes
Last 2yrs: 21 TFL, 16.5 sacks

Great get-off, flexibility to turn corner, burst to close. Starts w/ speed rushes, then works in speed-to-power & inside moves. Highly touted recruit.

23 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Why are people screaming at each other about whether a slot player is listed as a cornerback or safety?

I don't want to blame it all on the coronavirus, but it certainly didn't help.

• Like 2