2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd be on board with Robby Anderson, but if the money gets crazy I'd take a look at Nelson Agholor.  His 2019 was subpar, but he's been productive in Philly and would probably be a decent fit in GB.  The lackluster 2019 should keep his price down some.

Agholor was stone hands before 2019. 

You do know the draft is deep at WR right?

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

This draft has a ton of 2/3s, but they need a veteran WR to pair with Adams.  Going into 2020 with Adams/Vet WR/Rookie WR looks significantly better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

He had a 4.5 percent drop rate in '18 .. has been a little shaky at times.  I would definitely grab one fairly high in the draft as well,  but to expect rookies to become instant performers is a stretch.  I'd like to see a veteran wideout added, along with a high quality rookie.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I get it but again, Agholor is NOT that guy.

His 2017 and 2018 numbers were identical, and that's back-to-back years of production.  His numbers dropped back to his first two seasons number.  My question is why?  I don't watch many Eagles games, so I don't think I can answer that.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I get it but again, Agholor is NOT that guy.

You would've said the same thing if this was the 2019 off-season and people wanted to sign the bust that was Breshad Perriman. Now everyone wants him. Agholor isn't getting a 4/40 deal, it's probably going to be 1-2 years at 3-4 per. Have you seen some of his YAC plays? No one on our rosters comes close. Worth a shot. #2 is either going to be Cooper, Green or Anderson on a 10+ mil deal, or it's going to be a committee of cheap vets and rookies with a chance for Lazard, EQ and MVS to get in the mix. Either way, bring guys in that room.

• Like 3

Yeah, I hate the whole "he sucks" thing with Agholor.  He doesn't suck.  He's very upset with Philadelphia, and I think he would do well here.  I think the same thing with Xavier Rhodes. 

What a player is is not what they have to be or always will be.  Micah Hyde, Casey Heyward and a bunch of other examples leaving the Packers ought to be proof enough of that. 

Nobody is expecting him to be a 100/1100/10 guy.  He's absolutely capable of being a 50/600/8 guy though.  Add that to our offense and our offense is better.  We cannot go into 2020 with Adams/MVS/Lazard/1st or second round rookie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

His 2017 and 2018 numbers were identical, and that's back-to-back years of production.  His numbers dropped back to his first two seasons number.  My question is why?  I don't watch many Eagles games, so I don't think I can answer that.

He drops perfectly thrown balls in the worst spots.  He will be in rodgers' doghouse immediately.

Most inconsistent player I've ever seen.  Only reason he's still playing is philly had SO many injuries.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

He drops perfectly thrown balls in the worst spots.  He will be in rodgers' doghouse immediately.

Most inconsistent player I've ever seen.  Only reason he's still playing is philly had SO many injuries.

Rodgers doesn't dog you for physical mistakes, otherwise JJ and Adams would be gone. It's your practice habits and mental mistakes that get you in his doghouse. JJ and Adams were miserable with drops early on.

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers doesn't dog you for physical mistakes, otherwise JJ and Adams would be gone. It's your practice habits and mental mistakes that get you in his doghouse. JJ and Adams were miserable with drops early on.

yeah don't worry agholor does plenty of freelancing and running wrong routes.  The number of times I saw wentz throwing to the zig when agholor zagged was... more than a handful.

I think agholor is an intriguing change of scenery guy, but not sure he's the best fit in GB.

He is a slot guy, which is something this team could really use.  I don't hate it if he's fairly cheap and the team can just move on after a lackluster camp.

1 minute ago, DWhitehurst said:

Listening to Bukowski, he suggests the gap is not that big between the Packers and 49ers. I'm not so optimistic, but he suggests we just need a good ILB and a good playmaker on offense. Agree with him, or disagree?

Disagree.  There is a very wide gap between our DL and their DL.  Another huge gap in our WR's/TE versus theirs.

He's right, we could use a better ILB and a playmaker at WR.  But there is a still a huge talent gap on the DL.

Maybe that closes when we get Armstead and they lose him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Listening to Bukowski, he suggests the gap is not that big between the Packers and 49ers. I'm not so optimistic, but he suggests we just need a good ILB and a good playmaker on offense. Agree with him, or disagree?

I think an argument could be made that the Packers are in the top three NFC teams (SF, Seattle, GB). We can compete by beefing up the DL, ILB, and WR positions. The draft should bring a play maker at WR, or two. We should have enough cap space to pick up a FA DLineman, and an ILB. Maybe a TE. I'm optimistic!

41 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Disagree. The point differential tells the story way better than the records

29 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Disagree.  There is a very wide gap between our DL and their DL.  Another huge gap in our WR's/TE versus theirs.

He's right, we could use a better ILB and a playmaker at WR.  But there is a still a huge talent gap on the DL.

Maybe that closes when we get Armstead and they lose him.

It will close a bit this offseason. Always does after that good of a run. Can Lynch keep it up or is he more Elway than Ozzie? 

The WRs/TEs really only comes down to we dont have a Kittle. Our WRs are just as good if not better. If we get someone new to produce as the 2nd/3rd we're just as strong of an offense. Dee, Buckner, and Bosa is tough to match. But maybe we can reel in a big fish on the DL.

Does our playcalling take another step. Thats a good question.

Edited by HighCalebR