2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

Thanks for your thoughts, Alex.  Your take is basically that the Packers self-perceive as reasonably OK with DL-as-is, with some hopeful improvement resulting from internal/developmental age-based improvement, and some coaching/scheming improvement.   I think you're right in how they self-perceive; and hope they are right.  

I do think they will want to add one to the roster, and carry 6 if healthy.  But yeah, a lot of board posters have been wanting both a vet FA, AND a highish draft choice, which would be putting the room at 7.  I think that's probably too many to actually carry.  

I would like to add a day-2 DL draft pick, myself.  Maybe he'll play some, or maybe largely developmental.  But I'd like somebody with more ceiling that Lancaster/Adams/Lowry, even if he doesn't necessarily factor into the rotation early on (barring injury or a "wow" camp).  Would basically like somebody with upside to eventually be above-average.  

You mention not using more than 4; do you think that might change depending on personnel?  Or perhaps change from game-to-game?  Last year we had 5 guys, but with Keke as a developmental late-round redshirt.  But I do wonder whether they might not perhaps expand the usage to 5 this year, at least in certain games/matchups?  For example, perhaps Keke will have improved enough to include in the rotation, and they might have more particular package down-and-distance specialized usage to use all five?   Or **IF** they draft a guy in rounds 2 or 3, and he actually is unexpectedly ready to use as a rookie, or at least in certain packages?  

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

FASCINATED to see how that's going to work by the way. That might be the last situation I would have picked to send him to lol

Idk but I'm itching for a move there. I know we have plenty of time before and after the draft but I've said for a while I'm afraid Gute thinks we are okay there. Hope I'm wrong.

49 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That would mean signing King to a 1 year contract for the value of the 12ish highest paid CB in the league. That's a lot. 

Green Bay would have had the (5th year) option to do so. As it stands, it’s irrelevant...except for our off-season, quarantine-fueled banter!  () - : #

Edited by JQ1

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I just don't get our approach right now, man. LIS last night, I don't understand how you invest so heavily in a 36 year old QB and then just go about things as normal. You can't be lukewarm in this business, man. 

Now you get it but that is what it takes to keep a QB of that caliber. It does put pressure on scouting and drafting.