2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

51 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Lol I think some people owe Blake an apology

Because of what he said in front of a microphone while wearing NYG blue jersey ?? hmmmm

I'm sure it was tough for Blake to hear the negative comments, but Team Defense often requires individuals to put aside their needs for the greater good. Its also possible that after reviewing film, the coaches decided this was the best use of his skills vs having a gap assigned to him. Z was given freedom to move around, perhaps that made it difficult to pre-assign a run fit given the uncertainty about where Z was gonna launch from on each play.

Conversely, several here have lamented how Pettine handled his run fits, so I suspect the reality is probably a combination of several components
So far we have: Blake's limitations, other players' limitations and Pettine's plans to ameliorate those limitations
Pettine's plan/scheme may be flawed and /or it may be the lesser of two evils despite its inherent flaws.

add it all up and it might be a wee bit early for the BM Apology Tour.

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 2