2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Agreed! So either through motion or alignment they schemed him into a position which you are trying to say is more safety than CB. It looks to me like he's got the third receiver from the bottom man to man. I can't see the guys number. They also have Sullivan as the boundary CB at the bottom, not his best position.

If you are saying the lines between a CB and S are becoming blurred in modern NFL, I can agree with that statement. 

Sullivan played 35 of 42 snaps in the slot against Dallas, his best game. 

1. Yes, good god, on the one single play where Jaire wasn't on the defense's left side of the field he was dragged over through motion. It was man to man. He was playing man to man against a WR. That is a CB function. At no point did Jaire play a safety snap in this game. 

2. Sullivan is not on the boundary in any snap shown here.

3. Yes, the lines are being blurred. This entire conversation is stupid. That doesn't change that Sullivan plays Safety roles. That makes him a Safety. The other DBs that are listed as CBs, Alexander, King, Tramon, Jackson do not play those roles.

4. Yeah, dude played a ton of slot against Dallas. The thing is though, Safeties play CB roles. CBs don't play Safety roles. Sullivan plays Safety roles. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Weren't you just the one who used the Z comparison to say that he wasn't a DT ? I totally agree and it's a good analogy. You're breaking it here. Sullivan is a CB. 

I tried to point that out two pages ago. 

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Weren't you just the one who used the Z comparison to say that he wasn't a DT ? I totally agree and it's a good analogy. You're breaking it here. Sullivan is a CB. 

If you only play in the Dime Package, then your position in the Dime Package is your position (Sullivan)

If you play in every grouping, what you play the most is your position (Zadarius)

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Chandon Sullivan is a nickel/dime CB. This isn't hard people. I can go one by one through the roster if you guys need me to.

I have a hard time calling a DB lined up inside the Tackles a CB.  If you want to call him a DB im down with that.

14 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't know about any of that, but Chandon Sullivan is a CB.

So was Damarious Randall.  

I get what both are trying to say and don't have a side here. But didn't this start as Jones was drafted to help at ILB, he was always listed as a safety. So he was a safety, and didn't help the ILB lol. But he did, sort of, at one point. But was that the reason they invested in him, no I don't think so.

There's no damn factual answer here to be settled on. Players have listed positions that they don't always fit perfectly into the box of, that's modern NFL. But AG said it so half this site has to catch feelings.

Edit: tldr I hate when who made a statement is the point of contention instead of the statement itself, it's a little of both right now but if like Ray started this or someone there isn't half the damn uproar

Edited by Norm