2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

27 minutes ago, British said:

I'm not sure we are worse at TE.

Addition by subtraction. 

And even if we are marginally worse, it's ended up in the Bears wasting $9m on him which is a net gain for us.

You can't say addition by subtraction without actually seeing what we're going to put there. If we're going to prop up Lewis' old *** and pray like hell, that's not addition by subtraction. 

We're not competing with the Bears for a Super Bowl. We're competing with the Saints and 49ers.

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You can't say addition by subtraction without actually seeing what we're going to put there. If we're going to prop up Lewis' old *** and pray like hell, that's not addition by subtraction. 

We're not competing with the Bears for a Super Bowl. We're competing with the Saints and 49ers.

Agreed but putting Graham back out there for $10 mill would have been nuts.   Can't say it was addition by subtraction as it's not totally evident who takes over for his production.  However, it is addition by subtraction salary cap dollar wise; $5 mill yes for him ... $10 mil ... nope.

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was going to do an April Fools joke this morning about Rodgers being traded to a rival, but a quarter of this board would have been heartbroken when they found out it was just a joke...

I will always have Aaron Rodgers' back. Idc what any metric or numbers say...I would trust him over anyone (except I guess Mahomes) to get the job done. 

Also, don't care if that makes me a homer. That's my guy

29 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was going to do an April Fools joke this morning about Rodgers being traded to a rival, but a quarter of this board would have been heartbroken when they found out it was just a joke...

I wouldn't have believed it if it was to a rival.  There's a reason why Brett Favre had to play a season for the Jets. 

1 hour ago, rthom348 said:

I will always have Aaron Rodgers' back. Idc what any metric or numbers say...I would trust him over anyone (except I guess Mahomes) to get the job done. 

Also, don't care if that makes me a homer. That's my guy

I actually don't have a problem with this at all lol. It's just when people try to act like he has no flaws and they're being objective and it's just everyone else that has an agenda.

18 hours ago, Golfman said:

Did Gute not say going into free agency that the Packers would be less active? I know you want to go all in this year. I understand your logic is wanting to do that. The problem for him is he wants to keep his job beyond next year. If he goes all in and it fails, he's likely to need to trim payroll next year and thus, a fall off, maybe even a severe fall off. 

Time will tell, maybe he should be going all in. I always want a splash but last year was the only year we actually got one in long, long time. 

You are losing me here.

You saying he's on the hot seat?  Or are you saying if he went "all in" this year, throws caution to the wind and fails, then he's out of a job?

I'm really not following what you are saying and the statement about him keeping his job is confusing to me.

My bad...saw your response to this already.

Edited by vegas492

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

You are losing me here.

You saying he's on the hot seat?  Or are you saying if he went "all in" this year, throws caution to the wind and fails, then he's out of a job?

I'm really not following what you are saying and the statement about him keeping his job is confusing to me.

My bad...saw your response to this already.

Then he could potentially be on the hot seat. 

Below is the interior DL that @squire12 was looking for earlier

https://overthecap.com/player/j-j-watt/1669/

Not sure what BOB wants for compensation, but its not like his reputation can sink any lower and rumors suggest JJ wants out of BOB-World

I'd offer our 2020 1st and a conditional pick in 2021 based on performance metrics, could even toss in Lane Taylor. (HOU does not have a 1st this year)
Contract would be extended and 2020 cap hit reduced. Clark + Watt = Championship caliber DL

(why yes, it is April 1st today, aka Bill O'Brien's birthday)