2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

On 4/1/2020 at 11:06 AM, Norm said:

I actually don't have a problem with this at all lol. It's just when people try to act like he has no flaws and they're being objective and it's just everyone else that has an agenda.

I think anyone capable of objectivity and working eyes can see that he is not as effective as he was early on in his career. I even think in his 2nd MVP season, he wasn't what he was. But that's judging him by his own standard, because I think he deserves to be judged in a tier of his own. I believe at his peak, he was the greatest, most efficient quarterback in the history of the game. I know what they numbers show now. Totally get it. But I still think he's the best in the game minus Mahomes (just can't argue against Pat right now). I 100% believe if you subbed in any quarterback to replace Rodgers, you'd see worse quarterback play than we see from Rodgers. Like I said, I'll accept being called a homer if that's how people feel about my take. 

14 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Naturally.

Speaking of. Weird Cobb moved on. Sited Watson as thr motivation. Fat stacks probably dont hurt.

Yeah Cobb getting massively overpaid probably had a lot to do with him leaving for HOU. Bill O'Brien's idiocy is undefeated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rthom348 said:

I think anyone capable of objectivity and working eyes can see that he is not as effective as he was early on in his career. I even think in his 2nd MVP season, he wasn't what he was. But that's judging him by his own standard, because I think he deserves to be judged in a tier of his own. I believe at his peak, he was the greatest, most efficient quarterback in the history of the game. I know what they numbers show now. Totally get it. But I still think he's the best in the game minus Mahomes (just can't argue against Pat right now). I 100% believe if you subbed in any quarterback to replace Rodgers, you'd see worse quarterback play than we see from Rodgers. Like I said, I'll accept being called a homer if that's how people feel about my take. 

Homer!  :)

JK.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Doing my final mock. Jefferson is surprisingly still available. Would you guys take him? You would think a team like the Packers would like a polished WR like Jefferson over Mims. Seems he does most of his work from the slot though. 

Jefferson over Mims for sure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

FYI

Re-reading that thread, I weighed in with this gem:

I kind of have the same thoughts now.  :D

He has missed one game in his career.  He was tied for 35th in tackles for a DL last season. He is not a guy that I am up in arms over.  I think we can win with Dean Lowry.  I also think that something else needs to be done with the DE opposite of Lowry, or we may disappoint again.

• Like 1

In the movie "No Country for Old Men " ,  there's a scene where the Sheriff and his deputy, Wendell go to visit Moss' trailer

Deputy Wendell: You think this boy Moss has got any notion of the sorts of sons of ******* that're on him?

Sheriff Ed Tom Bell: I don't know, he ought to...He's seen the same things I've seen, and it's certainly made an impression on me.

It reminded me of the Packers DL situation... They've seen the same things we've seen, and it's certainly made an impression on us
It had to have made an impression on Murphy, Gute, MLF and BFT
There has to be a plan.

After watching the Funches 2018 highlight tape on Packers.com it got me really hopeful. He looks a lot quicker than I thought and has excellent hands. I am really hoping he comes  in and not only performs but is able to take St. Brown and Lazard under his wing. 

https://www.packers.com/video/packers-wr-devin-funchess-highlights-2018-season

Edited by moretti19

19 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

After watching the Funches 2018 highlight tape on Packers.com it got me really hopeful. He looks a lot quicker than I thought and has excellent hands. I am really hoping he comes  in and not only performs but is able to take St. Brown and Lazard under his wing. 

https://www.packers.com/video/packers-wr-devin-funchess-highlights-2018-season

Pretty much what I expected. One thing that stood out for me was that even with it being a highlight video, his total YAC was probably under 20 yards. Nothing wrong with that I guess, if you use him correctly

Edited by cannondale