2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers' roster still needs a lot of work between now and September. Guys I'd be looking at: 

DL: Snacks, Daniels, Liuget, or another guy who hasn't been cut yet.

CB: Tramon

OT: Veldheer

WR: Gabriel or another guy who hasn't been cut yet

The only positions we had holes at pre-draft that I think we probably no longer address in FA are ILB and TE. 

Was looking at available people yesterday, I think Marcell Dareus is also an available DL. From the WR standpoint I’d love to see us grab Gabriel. Just something a little different from the rest of the roster. Feels like a piece that MLF should be able to make good use of.

14 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

How much cap room have we got for any of these ?   Thought we were relatively close to the figure we usually carry over.

Warming to the idea of a restructure for Z now.  We might need a tank season somewhere down the line to transition to Love if that's the plan so maybe best to throw more at this year.  Hopefully the OLs will free up room to release Lane Taylor.

Cap wise right now, you could probably add Tramon and one other guy. Free up Taylor you could add a combo of probably three guys. 

46 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers' roster still needs a lot of work between now and September. Guys I'd be looking at: 

DL: Snacks, Daniels, Liuget, or another guy who hasn't been cut yet.

CB: Tramon

OT: Veldheer

WR: Gabriel or another guy who hasn't been cut yet

The only positions we had holes at pre-draft that I think we probably no longer address in FA are ILB and TE. 

This is my #1 looking at our current roster

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is my #1 looking at our current roster

I’d leave him on the scrap pile. No one will sign him. He’s an emergency call away if Wagner and everyone else falls on their face. No reason to spend on him when we could use a run atuffer. 

29 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

Was looking at available people yesterday, I think Marcell Dareus is also an available DL. From the WR standpoint I’d love to see us grab Gabriel. Just something a little different from the rest of the roster. Feels like a piece that MLF should be able to make good use of.

I didn't even realize Dareus was a free agent.  He might be my #1 option for IDL help if he is healthy and the cost is similar. I would be pretty content with one of Dareus, Harrison, or Liuget signing with us. All those guys had past success, are still only 30-31 years old, and could rejuvenate their career some on a better team next to Clark and the Smiths.

10 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

I didn't even realize Dareus was a free agent.  He might be my #1 option for IDL help if he is healthy and the cost is similar. I would be pretty content with one of Dareus, Harrison, or Liuget signing with us. All those guys had past success, are still only 30-31 years old, and could rejuvenate their career some on a better team next to Clark and the Smiths.

Problem is he's not the same player he was 5 years ago and 5 years is a long time to try and get his mojo back. Looking at his career stats it looks like he had season ending injuries four times over the five years and when he did play a full season he was no-where near as effective as he used to be. Hate to say it but I think he's probably finished as an NFL player.

Its a shame cos Dareus is exactly the type of player Pettine covets.

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

Problem is he's not the same player he was 5 years ago and 5 years is a long time to try and get his mojo back. Looking at his career stats it looks like he had season ending injuries four times over the five years and when he did play a full season he was no-where near as effective as he used to be. Hate to say it but I think he's probably finished as an NFL player.

Its a shame cos Dareus is exactly the type of player Pettine covets.

That is true and it is probably wishful thinking on my part. There is always that part of the imagination that a change of scenery, scheme fit, coaching change, or playing next to certain players can help a player. I think we are all kind of desperate to add somebody up front. 

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting how we're pretty much discounting Adams and Keke giving us a whole lot more than we've already seen.
Not sure the organization's buying in to that thinking.....but the fan base certainly has.

I like Keke and think he will be a fine player but Adams is going into what year 4. He hasn’t shown anything at all. His anchor sucks and so does his pass rush. I see nothing there. I do believe the line needs a vet. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting how we're pretty much discounting Adams and Keke giving us a whole lot more than we've already seen.
Not sure the organization's buying in to that thinking.....but the fan base certainly has.

I am basically done with Adams until he proves otherwise. With that being said, I am probably a bigger KeKe fan than most here. I think he showed some flashes next year and would love for him to develop into a player. With that said, even if he makes an impact, we still need another run stuffer IMO. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what definitely happens if the season is canceled as far as players getting paid and accrued season?  This is such an unprecedented thing, I wonder if there are rules in place, or whether that would need be be negotiated on the fly.