2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure where you got the stats, but let's assume that accurate, that 75% of late 3rd round picks essentially bust or never become even quality backups. Then why are we so adverse to trading those picks for guys like Emmanuel Sanders, Tony Gonzalez, Marshawn Lynch etc? Can't have it both ways, either those picks are valuable hence the reason not to deal them or statistically it make makes a lot more sense to trade them for proven NFL players whenever you get the chance. Right now, our recent history has been to not trade those picks, then still strike out when we use them. 

Agreed. If nothing else, you have to at least be able to find some value on day 2 of the draft. I can understand that not every pick is going to be a home run, but you need to find some Fackrells to fill out the roster. In the last decade we've only had a few good picks in rounds 2-3, and that's the real reason the Packers have struggled to get back to the SB. 

13 hours ago, jleisher said:

I would like to see the Packers sign a few of these free agents and why.

#1.  Javon Hargrave DL, Steelers are low on $, Hargrave would take over for Lancaster as the starter.  83.4 PFF (4yrs/$14m/50% guan, cap hit $9,8m)

#2.  Beau Allen NT, run stopper to spell Clark or Lowry when needed.  72.6 PFF (3yrs/$6m/30% guan, cap hit $4.5m)

#3.  Nick Kwiatkoski ILB, young promising ILB, 72.6 PFF (4yrs/$6m/50% guan, cap hit $4.2m)

#4.  Jack Conklin RT, would hold down the RT spot of the next 4-6 years.  78 PFF (4yrs/$13m/40% guan, cap hit $9.1m)

#5.  Jimmie Ward DB, Packers need a 3rd CB.  With King getting hurt, need a solid #3.  84.2 PFF (4yrs/$8m/40% guan, cap hit $5.6m)

#6.  Austin Hooper TE, would solve the TE problem, but the other problem is getting Rodgers to throw to him.  78.3 PFF (4yrs/$10m/45%guan, cap hit $7m)

#7.  Robby Anderson WR, young solid WR, would come in and be the true #2 WR, slide Lazard down to #3 or #4.  68.6 PFF (4yrs/$9m/40% guan, cap hit $6.3m)

#8.  Danny Amendola WR, veteran WR that is still good and knows how to get open.  71.5 PFF (2yrs/$8m/40% guan. cap hit $6.4m)

I would be fricken happy with Hargrave, Conklin and Kwiatoski in green and gold.

Any rumors on WR coach?

Short

Run player only

You're all going to hate him immediately

Good player

Good player

Not sure that actually fixes the TE spot.

Anderson is probably going to get 12 per

Pretty washed at 35.

I don't see a universe where we dislike Martinez, but would like Kwiatkowski.  Best thing about Kwiak is that he may cost less than Blake, while delivering results that are similar.

I don't see a universe where we can get Conklin for less money than Bulaga.  But I do like him.  Someone will pay him a lot more than we can.  

I like Ward.

Hooper is going to cost big bucks.  And we should stay away from him.  Invest elsewhere.  Jace has potential.  A lot of potential.  He's even quicker in his breaks than Hooper.  You drafted him, now you play him.

Hargrove has me intrigued, but so do about a half dozen DL.

Okay .. where does everyone think that Elgton Jenkins will be playing in 2020?  LG is probably a good bet, but he has been mentioned as a possible replacement for Bulaga at RT, and at C if the Packers decide to cut Linsley loose.  In college he was largely a C, but played a few games at tackle.  The guy really did not play much in the way of G in college.  It looks like he has pro bowl ability at guard, so maybe just leave him where he's at, but it could be that the Packers just really wanted to get the guy on the field and LG happened to be the only realistic spot for him in 2019.  2020 may open up some more possibilities.  I'll say this for Jenkins .. hell of versatile piece to have on that Oline.  Smart pick, and I'd suggest we take another top level lineman fairly high in this draft if it works out.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Okay .. where does everyone think that Elgton Jenkins will be playing in 2020?  LG is probably a good bet, but he has been mentioned as a possible replacement for Bulaga at RT, and at C if the Packers decide to cut Linsley loose.  In college he was largely a C, but played a few games at tackle.  The guy really did not play much in the way of G in college.  It looks like he has pro bowl ability at guard, so maybe just leave him where he's at, but it could be that the Packers just really wanted to get the guy on the field and LG happened to be the only realistic spot for him in 2019.  2020 may open up some more possibilities.  I'll say this for Jenkins .. hell of versatile piece to have on that Oline.  Smart pick, and I'd suggest we take another top level lineman fairly high in this draft if it works out.

He'll almost for sure stay at Guard. That is not a pass set meant for the perimeter in the NFL and his best skillset fit as far as utilizing his athleticism in the run game is on the interior.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Oh, goodness Beckham is a nightmare scenario for me.  Can you imagine someone with his personality and outspoken nature being blatantly ignored while wide open? 

Beckham and Rodgers would mix like Nightquil and Arsenic. 

I also want to see the fanbase. If people get schwifty about Daniels talking to the media, I can't even imagine.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I also want to see the fanbase. If people get schwifty about Daniels talking to the media, I can't even imagine.

You know what would happen, don't you?  It would be the Jimmy Graham thing times a billion.

I did NOT want us to sign Jimmy Graham.  I was dead against it and I was LITERALLY the only one who wanted us to sign Ebron. 

We sign Jimmy Graham and I try my best to temper everyone's expectations, saying he won't be targeted often.  He goes on to have a top 10 season for tight ends in his first year and everyone hates him except for me. 

We trade for Beckham and Beckham is going to call out Rodgers for something Rodgers very much deserves to be called out on and everyone here will say he's a cancer and we need to just cut him.

That is literally exactly what will happen. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm glad I must've missed it. Some things dont matter to me I guess and apparently, I live a less aggravated life.