2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I also want to see the fanbase. If people get schwifty about Daniels talking to the media, I can't even imagine.

Your past posts suggest that you can easily imagine how it would go.  Don't kid yourself.  And if no one does talk about it negatively, you'll frame it to where they do.  That even I can imagine.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 2

from The Athletic

"The fewest pressures allowed by a starting offensive lineman were Corey Linsley’s 14 ½. "
" Corey Linsley was charged with a team-leading total of 16 ½ “bad” runs, 3 ½ more than runner-up Billy Turner"

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

from The Athletic

"The fewest pressures allowed by a starting offensive lineman were Corey Linsley’s 14 ½. "
" Corey Linsley was charged with a team-leading total of 16 ½ “bad” runs, 3 ½ more than runner-up Billy Turner"

Cut him.  Save 8 million dollars.  

On 2/7/2020 at 8:00 AM, packfanfb said:

Not sure where you got the stats, but let's assume that accurate, that 75% of late 3rd round picks essentially bust or never become even quality backups. Then why are we so adverse to trading those picks for guys like Emmanuel Sanders, Tony Gonzalez, Marshawn Lynch etc? Can't have it both ways, either those picks are valuable hence the reason not to deal them or statistically it make makes a lot more sense to trade them for proven NFL players whenever you get the chance. Right now, our recent history has been to not trade those picks, then still strike out when we use them. 

It's not "both ways". You're ignoring the salaries, like NFL fans often do. You aren't just sacrificing the picks in those trades. You're also sacrificing the cap space that you could use in other ways. I think this was well-covered by all the discussions on the Khalil Mack trade, though it took many on this board some time to realize the value of what some of us were saying at the time. 

It's not like GB is the only team that has a price point like that on draft picks. And it's easier for a team that has been drafting high in recent years to decide to splurge a little on one of those trades every now and then because of all the other talent their roster has accumulated. 

On 2/2/2020 at 7:31 PM, ChaRisMa said:

Okay looking at what Martinez should ask for.

Bobby Wagner is the highest paid at 18 Mil, but his contract is a farce. Seattle is already in position to cut him after this year if his play or health fall way off. 

CJ Mosley makes 17 Million, but his deal is trash, his guarantees die after the third year. And this was from the Jets who had to throw money out their boat to keep from sinking.

Deion Jones has the best contract in the NFL for an ILB at 14.25 Mil with a terrific likelihood of playing it out and hitting Free Agency again at age 29 in 2024.

Myles Jack got stupid money from mustachio because the NFL left him a voicemail saying he needed to spend some money.

Kwon Alexander makes 13.5 because San Fran restructured his deal to not stop hitting their cap until 2024, despite the fact he stops being under contract after 2022.

Jaylon Smith's 11.4 Mil is a farce. the only year he ever has a cap hit greater than 11 is 2025, which contains zero guaranteed money.

Ogletree is at 10.5 on a restructure.

McKinney is at 10 but he got only 3.75 in signing bonus

He hasn't made the Pro Bowl over Kendricks who is also at 10.

Then you have 4-5 players at the 7-9.5 Mil level.

I think this is gonna put him at the 7-10 Million level. 10 Mil makes him the tenth highest paid ILB in the NFL.

I think this is my contract offer to Martinez.

Year 1: 4 Mil Salary (Guaranteed) 8 Mil signing bonus.

Year 2: 4 Mil Salary (Guaranteed), 250k workout.

Year 3: 8.75 Mil Salary, 250k workout bonus.

Year 4: 10 Mil Salary, 250k workout.

4 years, 35.5 Mil, 14 Mil Guaranteed.

It’s a 2 year, 16.25 agreement with a team option for the 3rd year for 9 Mil and a 4th year team option for 10.25 Mil.

I’d be open to team goal oriented bonuses as well.

For Blake, he’s 12th highest paid for his position. For us, I feel there isn’t going to be a better option available this offseason.  There are very few FAs or players available in the draft that would be an upgrade. So I deal with Blake this year, knowing I can draft a guy next year if Blake doesn’t improve, and season that guy for a year before trading Blake away.

I’m thinking Dak doesn’t stay in Dallas.  Gonna be crazy to see what they get for him if they tag and trade him.  Could the Dolphins make a play on Dak?  Maybe the Chargers.  

I feel like McCarthy might be in Jerry’s ear over this.  He saw firsthand how crippling it can be to pay your QB.  If Dak really turned down 34 million average in new money, I could see him leaving Dallas.

I’m just afraid that if they do trade Dak they could set themselves up as another dynasty.  That would be a nightmare scenario for a lot of “Fat Mike” haters.

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m thinking Dak doesn’t stay in Dallas.  Gonna be crazy to see what they get for him if they tag and trade him.  Could the Dolphins make a play on Dak?  Maybe the Chargers.  

I feel like McCarthy might be in Jerry’s ear over this.  He saw firsthand how crippling it can be to pay your QB.  If Dak really turned down 34 million average in new money, I could see him leaving Dallas.

I’m just afraid that if they do trade Dak they could set themselves up as another dynasty.  That would be a nightmare scenario for a lot of “Fat Mike” haters.

Mac signs Taysom in RFA

The guy who should be starting for GB right now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Mac signs Taysom in RFA

The guy who should be starting for GB right now

For everyone who says, “Der yer ser sperled for herving ter HOF querterbercks berk ter berk,” nobody mentions that we had those quarterbacks, which made us cut Warner (who turned out to be the better option) and Hill (who turned out to be the better option.  

It sucks to have to think where we’d have been if we’d kept Warner instead of Favre, Hill instead of Rodgers, etc.  

• Like 1