2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m thinking Dak doesn’t stay in Dallas.  Gonna be crazy to see what they get for him if they tag and trade him.  Could the Dolphins make a play on Dak?  Maybe the Chargers.  

I feel like McCarthy might be in Jerry’s ear over this.  He saw firsthand how crippling it can be to pay your QB.  If Dak really turned down 34 million average in new money, I could see him leaving Dallas.

I’m just afraid that if they do trade Dak they could set themselves up as another dynasty.  That would be a nightmare scenario for a lot of “Fat Mike” haters.

Yeah that franchise QB led him to 2 contract extensions and being the 2nd longest tenured NFL coach when fired. I'm sure he's in Jerry's ear to get rid of his QB lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m thinking Dak doesn’t stay in Dallas.  Gonna be crazy to see what they get for him if they tag and trade him.  Could the Dolphins make a play on Dak?  Maybe the Chargers.  

I feel like McCarthy might be in Jerry’s ear over this.  He saw firsthand how crippling it can be to pay your QB.  If Dak really turned down 34 million average in new money, I could see him leaving Dallas.

I’m just afraid that if they do trade Dak they could set themselves up as another dynasty.  That would be a nightmare scenario for a lot of “Fat Mike” haters.

Rodgers didn't cripple the roster. Ted did. McCarthy would tell you the same behind closed doors. No question.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Why?

Just need one more CB that’s not incompetent.  Especially if Josh Jackson doesn’t take a third year leap.  We’ve got King, Alexander and then a whole lot of nobody.  We don’t need to break the bank there, we just need a veteran who knows what he’s doing.  

• Like 3