2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

49 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's 29, not even 30 yet. Other than missing 7 games with us in 18, Cobb has been pretty darn healthy. 

The dude isn't what he was at 26, but he's still a respectable slot weapon. Here's coming off his best season since he was 24. 

But do you think he's going to replicate that?

49 minutes ago, jleisher said:

If your Gute, would you offer some late round picks for Josh Rosen QB and or David Njoku TE?  Like say, both 6th round picks for Rosen and all 3 7th round picks for Njoku?  If you could get in done with any picks below 4th round, would you?

Njoku, yes. Rosen, no. 

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

If your Gute, would you offer some late round picks for Josh Rosen QB and or David Njoku TE?  Like say, both 6th round picks for Rosen and all 3 7th round picks for Njoku?  If you could get in done with any picks below 4th round, would you?

I'd consider it for both. Rosen and Rodgers got along pre draft and he really just needs a stable place to learn right now. 2 years under Rodgers and reevaluating at that point make sense.

I'm a little wishy washy on Njoku. We've had athletic TEs who can't catch on this roster.

• Like 1

Did a 6 round TDN draft simulator this morning with a view more geared towards highly rated prospects left on that board, than going for my often pre-determined position groups (ie DL, WR, ILB, ILB, TE or RB, etc). what I came up with was this:

1) S Xavier McKinney (both him and Delpit were there). DL Ross Blacklock went at #29, best receiver left on the board, Tee Higgins.
2) DL Marlon Davidson (WR Mims went two picks earlier)
3) WR van Jefferson (highest rated WR left on the board) (just missed out on ILBs Weaver and Davis-Gaither, who went 6 and 2 picks earlier)
4) IOL Ben Bredeson (2nd highest rated pick there)
5) ILB Shaquille Quarterman (also close to the top rated pick here)
6) RB Reggie Corbin (this guy has MOVES) He is a little light for normal Packers RBs and was my only 'reach' pick.
6b) RB Antonio Gibson (a bigger back, and fast with it)

Probably don't need two RBs, but there was some quality there, imo. Not a bad haul 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

On 2/16/2020 at 4:48 PM, jleisher said:

Josh Rosen sucks why would the Packers want him. 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:48 PM, jleisher said:

I think Rosen commands at least a 5th. I just don't see why everyone dogging him when he's played on two horrible teams with make-shift OL's at best and hardly any weapons. Njoku's a take-or-leave guy. I don't see a reason to bring him in.

7 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Did a 6 round TDN draft simulator this morning with a view more geared towards highly rated prospects left on that board, than going for my often pre-determined position groups (ie DL, WR, ILB, ILB, TE or RB, etc). what I came up with was this:

1) S Xavier McKinney (both him and Delpit were there). DL Ross Blacklock went at #29, best receiver left on the board, Tee Higgins.
2) DL Marlon Davidson (WR Mims went two picks earlier)
3) WR van Jefferson (highest rated WR left on the board) (just missed out on ILBs Weaver and Davis-Gaither, who went 6 and 2 picks earlier)
4) IOL Ben Bredeson (2nd highest rated pick there)
5) ILB Shaquille Quarterman (also close to the top rated pick here)
6) RB Reggie Corbin (this guy has MOVES) He is a little light for normal Packers RBs and was my only 'reach' pick.
6b) RB Antonio Gibson (a bigger back, and fast with it)

Probably don't need two RBs, but there was some quality there, imo. Not a bad haul 

Marlon Davidson is Montravious Adams Pt. II and Van Jefferson will go much earlier. Then you're drafting an IOL when we need to be looking at a potential replacement for Bulaga. Then you have 2 RBs, why? Quarterman and McKinney are the only two sensible picks.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Marlon Davidson is Montravious Adams Pt. II and Van Jefferson will go much earlier. Then you're drafting an IOL when we need to be looking at a potential replacement for Bulaga. Then you have 2 RBs, why? Quarterman and McKinney are the only two sensible picks.

1) Did you read the bit about getting the highest rated guys left on the board that made some sense ?

2) How about the bit where I am not doing a shopping list draft ?

3) If you have read my posts here (and you obviously have), you'll know I am all for re-signing Bulaga so that RT is not a major need for this year.

4) You have no idea what Davidson will be, far less that he will be another M.Adams.

5) regarding the RBs did you read this sentence (Probably don't need two RBs, but there was some quality there, imo)

Are you suffering from acid reflux or something ?

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1