2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

16 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Holy ****

EDIT: Initial reaction to the $6m in year one and was thinking $9.5m total over the last 2, but obviously my math was off and it's $9.5m over the first 2, with an average of $4.3m over 3.  Definitely worth it to not have to worry about having a revolving door at the position.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

20 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's anything of 21+ air yards, so it's definitely not just vertical routes. 

It's still second highest in the league, only after Winston. Something is iffy here, I can't really tell if we've thrown it 21+ yards 5 times a game or not, but I would definitely say we haven't been throwing it at an almost league-high rate.

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You want a 33 year old WR because he’s motivational?

I want him because he knows how to play WR. He showed it again last year, right up until the play that probably wins SF the Super Bowl when he got behind coverage and Jimmy missed him for six. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I want him because he knows how to play WR. He showed it again last year, right up until the play that probably wins SF the Super Bowl when he got behind coverage and Jimmy missed him for six. 

I was mostly just giving you ****, but the dude is Randall Cobb.  They're nearly identical players. 

2019: 11 receptions (Sanders), 2 YPC (Cobb), 41 yards (Sanders), 2 touchdowns (Sanders).  Sanders had 11 more catches, 41 more yards and 2 more touchdowns in 2 extra games. 

You're going to say that Sanders had crap quarterbacks throwing to him, and I'm going to say that Cobb knows Rodgers and vice versa. 

Sanders is gonna get paid more than he's worth.  Cobb is going to get paid less than he's worth. 

If Sanders had been a Packer for the past X amount of years and Cobb had been a Bronco/Niner over the same period you would be wanting us to sign Cobb and being meh on Sanders. 

There's no real difference in their ability. 

Cobb has alleged injury concerns, but miraculously had a healthy year his first year away from Green Bay and Green Bay had a miraculously healthy season the first year we got a new training staff. 

Cobb is younger and he loses no time in learning the particularness of Aaron Rodgers. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I was mostly just giving you ****, but the dude is Randall Cobb.  They're nearly identical players. 

2019: 11 receptions (Sanders), 2 YPC (Cobb), 41 yards (Sanders), 2 touchdowns (Sanders).  Sanders had 11 more catches, 41 more yards and 2 more touchdowns in 2 extra games. 

You're going to say that Sanders had crap quarterbacks throwing to him, and I'm going to say that Cobb knows Rodgers and vice versa. 

Sanders is gonna get paid more than he's worth.  Cobb is going to get paid less than he's worth. 

If Sanders had been a Packer for the past X amount of years and Cobb had been a Bronco/Niner over the same period you would be wanting us to sign Cobb and being meh on Sanders. 

There's no real difference in their ability. 

Cobb has alleged injury concerns, but miraculously had a healthy year his first year away from Green Bay and Green Bay had a miraculously healthy season the first year we got a new training staff. 

Cobb is younger and he loses no time in learning the particularness of Aaron Rodgers. 

Ehh, I don't Cobb as an equal here. Cobb is basically limited to slot play. Sanders gives you a viable option on the outside which is really where our team is hurting the most. Sanders still has a great release off the LOS. He's not Adams in that department, but actually not far off because he's savy af. Put it this way, if I were the New York Giants, I wouldn't sign a 33-year old Sanders because I have no legitimate SB aspirations in 2020 so no reason to invest for a short-term return. I would sign that type of player if I'm the 2020 Green Bay Packers. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Ehh, I don't Cobb as an equal here. Cobb is basically limited to slot play. Sanders gives you a viable option on the outside which is really where our team is hurting the most. Sanders still has a great release off the LOS. He's not Adams in that department, but actually not far off because he's savy af. Put it this way, if I were the New York Giants, I wouldn't sign a 33-year old Sanders because I have no legitimate SB aspirations in 2020 so no reason to invest for a short-term return. I would sign that type of player if I'm the 2020 Green Bay Packers. 

Except some team is going to pay Sanders for 3 years, and that team shouldn't be us. Everyone wants Graham gone and then wants to turn around and sign Sanders or Green.

If we're spending more than 8m per on a WR, until some guys are cut and the FA class grows, only Robby Anderson interests me.

• Like 2