2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

Just now, Lodestar said:

Anyone notice Bulaga wearing a CAA (his agency) hat in his post-game interview yesterday? Seemed quite intentional and kind of a weird move moments after a big defeat, especially for a guy not known for showing much emotion. 

Screen-Shot-2020-01-20-at-12-49-43-PM

Seems like a very mature, business decision by him to make it abundantly clear that he is no longer a packer now that the games are over.  Sign of a vet handling it the right way and also applying the right amount of pressure to the organization.

• Like 1

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Seems like a very mature, business decision by him to make it abundantly clear that he is no longer a packer now that the games are over.  Sign of a vet handling it the right way and also applying the right amount of pressure to the organization.

Yeah, maybe I could have worded it better. Definitely felt like a business decision on his part, which I understand. Just surprised me and felt... unsettling as a Packers fan.

I remember Gerrit Cole doing similar after the World Series last year. Worked out alright for him.

Just now, Lodestar said:

Yeah, maybe I could have worded it better. Definitely felt like a business decision on his part, which I understand. Just surprised me and felt... unsettling as a Packers fan.

I remember Gerrit Cole doing similar after the World Series last year. Worked out alright for him.

I love it tbh.  Rather there be more of a business relationship between the team and its players.  Less of a "family" and "packer people" vibe.  Because the reality is that the "family" thing is totally BS and it's a thinly veiled lie to make folks feel better.  I don't think it helps the players or the organization in the long run.

And I don't really think this will be a popular opinion among packer fans, and I don't care.  No more "packer people"!

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

Yeah, maybe I could have worded it better. Definitely felt like a business decision on his part, which I understand. Just surprised me and felt... unsettling as a Packers fan. I remember Gerrit Cole doing similar after the World Series last year. Worked out alright for him.

Cole knew the Astro's ship was about to sink in Cheater's Bay.....so he jumped ship to a classier organization :)

Just now, Lodestar said:

I don't think Bulaga will be back .. probably will become a Bear if they can swing it.  I have this feeling that the Packers rubbed Bulaga wrong a year or two ago when they tried to get him to take a pay cut.  We'll see .. I wouldn't break the bank for him .. there's a decent chance any contract he signs will be a bad one.  Resign Veldheer and draft an OT.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Jimmy showed enough in the last few games to be roster-able if his cap hit wasn't so damn high. We actually threw at him a few times and he got in a good rhythm. He has 0 agility left so as soon as someone gets close you know he's going down 

My top target on offense is Ebron without really knowing what his value is. I can't see more than $8m/yr. 

I don't really love the LB free agents. I see us bringing Martinez back, but I still think we need to look to the draft there. Kwiatowski is an option

IDL there are options in FA but they will be expensive. Get a middling FA guy and draft one int he 1st if it makes sense.

WR look in the 2nd round. Might have to move up but it's a good class.

TE I think we're ok if we get Ebron, don't need to draft. If we cut Graham and add no one in FA it's a lost position again. 

RB I'd love to draft one. Dexter Williams is a JAG and if we draft one in this great class, like Eno Benjamin at the bottom of the 3rd, we could make the choice in 2021 who we go with and maybe not pay 33

would concur

What are the thoughts on MVS?

Second year WR, coming off a decent rookie season, and the only current WR on the roster with deep speed. 

But he was only targeted 56 times in 2019 (just 15 times in the second half of the season) and the completion % was <50%.

MVS got 1 offensive snap yesterday.

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Second year WR, coming off a decent rookie season, and the only current WR on the roster with deep speed. 

But he was only targeted 56 times in 2019 (just 15 times in the second half of the season) and the completion % was <50%.

Bring him to camp, and then cut him when the other bodies we bring in at that position clearly warrant the move

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I think he's gotta learn to play specials.