2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

What would that like be based on ?
We've seen nothing from Wilkins, while we've seen competence from Boyle in preseason.
The Packers dumped Norm Kizer and kept Boyle as the only back -up, does that offer a hint on how Gute views Boyle ?

Norm kizer lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

What would that like be based on ?
We've seen nothing from Wilkins, while we've seen competence from Boyle in preseason.
The Packers dumped Norm Kizer and kept Boyle as the only back -up, does that offer a hint on how Gute views Boyle ?

Ultimate insult right here

30 minutes ago, cannondale said:

So this option will get too expensive too quick IMO.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/03/jared-veldheer-to-continue-playing

Multiple teams inquired about Veldheer at the combine, Schefter hears, so it sounds like he’ll have a decent market waiting for him in a couple of weeks. 

Just ink Bulaga and hope for the best health wise.  He wants to stay in GB, but the Packers haven't even started discussions yet.  Bulaga said he'd like to play 3 or 4 more seasons.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Multiple teams inquired about Veldheer at the combine, Schefter hears, so it sounds like he’ll have a decent market waiting for him in a couple of weeks. 

Damn. He's the perfect 3rd tackle/stop gap option.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Or... his agent is doing his job and telling Schefter this to have the GB offer improve.

Bulaga comments via The Athletic and Wilde

“I told this to Coach LaFleur in our exit interview, and I have no problem saying it,” Bulaga said.
“This was probably one of the more fun years I’ve had as a Packer.”

I think anyone that knows me and knows my mindset about this, everyone knows that I would love to be back with the Green Bay Packers.
“It would be, to me, really cool to start and finish my career in the same spot.

“I think that would be awesome. There’s no doubt about that. As I’ve told you guys many times, I grew up in Green Bay, essentially – having kids, getting married, a lot of ups and downs. A lot of great things happened in my 10 years in Green Bay and there’d be nothing better than to finish my career out as a Green Bay Packer.

“I still feel like I’m going to be able to go out and play my best football for a while still. I think I went out this year and showed that I can still play at a high level so it’s going to be one of those things where we weigh the pros and cons of every situation and make a good decision that’s best for us.”

Asked how much longer he wants to play, Bulaga replied, “I would love to get another three to four years in. That would be ideal for me – continue to perform at a high level. If my body feels good and everything goes well, that would be awesome for me."

• Like 1

Here's an article from Chris Havel via EventUSA on what to expect from MLF 2.0
WARNING :  if you are prone to seizures from anybody writing positive comments about the Packers, this article is not for you

https://www.eventusa.com/2020/03/09/heres-what-to-expect-in-lafleurs-2nd-year/

"The expectations are high, but it’s for good reason. LaFleur has laid the foundation for success.
It begins with his rather earnest approach to communicating with everyone from the front office to the practice squad players.

LaFleur, 40, is as straightforward as circumstance allows. He is fun to be around, by all accounts, but he’s a lot more of a no-nonsense guy than my own bias might’ve allowed me to guess due to his age "

The Packers’ offensive weaponry almost certainly will be better. So will the offense’s ability to get deeper into the playbook.

LaFleur said they never got into their “up-tempo package” – mostly because it was impeded by inexperienced receivers –
but expects to build upon the foundation that’s been laid "

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Anyone else get the feeling we are staying put with the OL? Keep Lane Taylor, perhaps move Billy to RT and re-sign Veldeer and make both compete for the spot. But no Bulaga re-signing and no OT in round one.

OT in round 1 looks EXTREMELY likely at this point. 

No need for a QB, edge rusher, boundary CB, or Safety, and the DT class is awful. 

21 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Anyone else get the feeling we are staying put with the OL? Keep Lane Taylor, perhaps move Billy to RT and re-sign Veldeer and make both compete for the spot. But no Bulaga re-signing and no OT in round one.

IMO, Billy Turner at RT is a disaster waiting to happen. 

• Like 1