Jump to content
squire12

2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

So MVS will be the J'Mon Moore of 2020?

maybe, maybe not.  He is on a rookie contract and good enough to bring to camp.  

With the exception of Adams, none of the wide receivers are guaranteed spots next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bulaga walks do you give Elgton a shot at RT? Or are you signing a band aid and drafting high?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

If Bulaga walks do you give Elgton a shot at RT? Or are you signing a band aid and drafting high?

Elgton is a guard. I don't mess with a good thing. I'd sniff around the Jack Conklin market (if he hits FA) and if that gets too high a seriously ask Veldheer if he'd play a year at say 5m. That means I've got a hole to fill in the draft though so I need to sure up WR,TE,ILB or IDL in FA so I don't go into the draft with more needs I than I can fill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Elgton is a guard. I don't mess with a good thing. I'd sniff around the Jack Conklin market (if he hits FA) and if that gets too high a seriously ask Veldheer if he'd play a year at say 5m. That means I've got a hole to fill in the draft though so I need to sure up WR,TE,ILB or IDL in FA so I don't go into the draft with more needs I than I can fill.

I don't disagree. You don't think he'd be looking for the bigger payday outside if he could hack it? I'd be super leery about the Veldheer option but I guess thats as good as option C is gonna get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

If Bulaga walks do you give Elgton a shot at RT? Or are you signing a band aid and drafting high?

I think their first plan would be to move Billy Turner to RT. If there's an OT available i the draft they're comfortable with, great. If not, Billy is probably better than most other options (for 2020). I wouldn't like that move much 

Edited by JBURGE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on Spriggs?  Bring him back as RTO and let him work if we don't resign Bulaga or even resign him anyways as a backup/future to Bulaga (RTO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

If Bulaga walks do you give Elgton a shot at RT? Or are you signing a band aid and drafting high?

Nope.  He's your starting LG for the next decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think their first plan would be to move Billy Turner to RT. If there's an OT available i the draft they're comfortable with, great. If not, Billy is probably better than most other options (for 2020). I wouldn't like that move much 

This one would be tough to swallow, I'd like to be able to help Billy as much as possible. If we could just hit on a starter in the 4th that'd be greeeeat.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nope.  He's your starting LG for the next decade.

You dont think Elgton is looking at the difference in $$? Or we just figure out a way to assuage that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree on Jenkins.  While he's likely not the next Randall McDaniel he is a stud as a LG with an unknown ceiling at OT.

I really have soured on Billy H.  If he can't play inside can he really be better at OT?  Didn't Denver try him there?  He's in my coyote house.

I would guess we still have a leash on Spriggs for a reason.  If it doesn't cost much to bring him to camp by all means do so.  Expect nothing.

Hopefully we can re-sign Bulaga AND bring back Veldheer.  In the time they had both were impressive.  If we lose Bulaga, OT becomes mi numero uno need.

Edited by 15412

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

You dont think Elgton is looking at the difference in $$? Or we just figure out a way to assuage that? 

Elite OG money is $13M.  If you're a top 10 OG, you're getting $10M+ easily.  Elite RT is getting $15M+.  Top 10 RT money is $7M+.  There's better money to be had at OG than RT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 12:59 PM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

With the exception of Adams, none of the wide receivers are guaranteed spots next year.

This.  And given that MVS and ESB are still on rookie contracts, they're not getting released prior to cutdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Choices for me are:

1) Go young and expensive and get Jack Conklin in (if you can) -$15m per season

2) Go cheap and keep Veldheer -$5m per season

3) Keep the status quo and keep Bulaga -$10m per season

The thing I have with Bulaga is the idea of better getting rid early than a year late, especially with his injury history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Elite OG money is $13M.  If you're a top 10 OG, you're getting $10M+ easily.  Elite RT is getting $15M+.  Top 10 RT money is $7M+.  There's better money to be had at OG than RT.

No **** huh, thats what I get for thinking without researching. Seems absurd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

No **** huh, thats what I get for thinking without researching. Seems absurd. 

Yeah.  The pay for guards has gone up exponentially the last few years.  There's a bigger premium on interior pressure.  You can always scheme away from the outside pass rushers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think their first plan would be to move Billy Turner to RT.

billy at tackle is a ******* dumpster fire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×