2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd have traded Jamaal Williams and our second and third for Hopkins, yeah.

That's a terrible deal for the Texans.  Somebody needs to shoot O'Brien.  That dude is wrecking that team worse than McDaniels wrecked the Broncos. 

OMG.  @ET80, are you okay?  Let me get the suicide hotline number pulled up.  This is outrageous. 

Damn. Whats that about?

I'm distraught for Texans fans everywhere. 

I'm distraught for Packer fans everywhere.  I mean on the one hand we probably can't afford to sign Hopkins.  Also have to look at the Texans doing this likely to a QB they don't really believe in opposed to trading Hopkins to a QB like Rodgers and hoping Hopkins fails with Murray, but ****. 

That is a monstrosity.

Just now, FinneasGage said:

Texans are a ******* **** factory 

O'Brien is out after this year.  The only way he gets out of trading the entire future of his team away for an okay LT and a bad receiver and then trading his elite receiver for a broken RB and a 2nd round pick is if he wins the Super Bowl, and he won't. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If watching Mike Sherman be HC and GM didn't signal to the rest of the league to never do that again, BOB being HC and GM certainly will .

The best response I've seen to the Texans moves so far! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Someone said keep an eye on us for amari Cooper. Big no ******* thank you 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It was Evan Massey. Not buying it. If GB makes a HUGE play for a WR like that, it'll be a trade for OBJ or Hop.

I was mentioning this a few months ago in this forum. I'd rather have Cooper than OBJ for sure. OBJ is more about his brand than he is about playing football. Plus, he's a grade A ******* too! 

Give me him and Roy Robertson-Harris from the Bears and let's draft. 

Just now, Leader said:

AZ vowing not to go silently into the NFCW night.......

Hopkins is a real good get.

Cardinals are a very long way away from being competent.  They were the 28th ranked defense in points allowed.  They're not getting above that 8-8 threshold by adding offensive firepower.  Trading for Hopkins was purely a ticket sales move.  That's all Bidwell is ever good for.  I lived in Arizona for 7 years and everyone with half a brain knows this.  The Cardinals will never compete for a Super Bowl because Bidwell will never pay for players that won't pay for themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Cardinals are a very long way away from being competent.  They were the 28th ranked defense in points allowed.  They're not getting above that 8-8 threshold by adding offensive firepower.  Trading for Hopkins was purely a ticket sales move.  That's all Bidwell is ever good for.  I lived in Arizona for 7 years and everyone with half a brain knows this.  The Cardinals will never compete for a Super Bowl because Bidwell will never pay for players that won't pay for themselves. 

I got it. AZ's a ways away....but they're working at it at least. They were competitive with a few teams last year. I wouldnt expect them to be much more than the same - plus (depending on their offseason) this year.

Couldnt be in a tougher Division....but Hopkins will certainly help out.

Oh - and I've only flown over AZ (more than...) a few times. So I dont have (but appreciate) the local insight :)

Edited by Leader