2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

29 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, RB is a position that are really hurt by wear and tear.  All these guys are currently being signed are being done so without a physical.  You going to sign a RB before you can see what his knees are like?

I wouldn't sign any of them without that vital information, but it's the world we live in today. 

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The #Browns have a new starting middle linebacker — B.J. Goodson has agreed to terms

Kirksey for Goodson

How much did they pay him? Like 10 million a year because that would be so the Cleveland Browns. Next they will be signing Jason Spriggs. 

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

And he’s got as many Super Bowl wins as Rodgers.

The Bears now have competence at QB.  For as bad as Trubisky was, the Bears won 8 games.  Against a tough schedule.  

Health, offensive line and a lack of running game are the only things holding the Bears back.

Health you never know about ... OL and no running game are 2 pretty big things.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The 2 year deal that Quinton Jefferson signed with Buffalo is going to sting.  2 years, $13.5M.  that is on par with Dean Lowry and I think he would have been an upgrade over Lowry.

Agreed, especially on the pass rush side
Seattle is loaded with cap space and they made no effort to retain him, not sure why.

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Agreed, especially on the pass rush side
Seattle is loaded with cap space and they made no effort to retain him, not sure why.

not sure, but the post below makes it appear that SEA has a few other options on the DL.    Not sure if SEA made no effort to sign him.   Maybe they allowed Jefferson to test the market and their offer was lower for some reason.  

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Another one bites the dust. 

Telling ya man, I have this bad feeling Gute likes our DL squad a lot more than pretty much everyone else. I think it's gonna be the same group plus a Day 1 or probably Day 2 rookie. 

• Like 1

I think we'll get a D line man soon. Every day the price is dropping. Monday £13m+ a year guys went. Yesterday the $10m a year guys went. Today we are at $8m a year are going. I reckon by Friday when the price goes down to about the $5m a year we'll get our man

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

I think we'll get a D line man soon. Every day the price is dropping. Monday £13m+ a year guys went. Yesterday the $10m a year guys went. Today we are at $8m a year are going. I reckon by Friday when the price goes down to about the $5m a year we'll get our man

Shelby Harris? Michael Pierce?

20 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I'd imagine Derek Wolfe is really putting the screws to Gute now

If he's even having that conversation...