2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Packers legitimately don't have much room to work with when you factor in all the salaries for the ERFAs and other low end guys, the draft pool, and the fact that it's irresponsible to go into the season without an emergency fund in case you need to sign a street guy.

Sure, they have the obvious "cut Lane Taylor" move to free up about $4.5m in space, but they might prefer to trade him for a late pick since that's still not a lot of space.

Last year was an anomaly because they had a bunch of money to play around with.

ERFAs sign league min deals and do not factor against the top 51. They are free.

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If we trade for Ngakoue it better be a straight up Gary or Preston for Ngakoue trade.  Otherwise that would be the epitome of overkill at EDGE, underkill elsewhere.  I cannot fathom the stupidity of having three premier EDGE players plus a top 15 pick.  

Unless we’re planning on Gary playing purely IDL and gaining some weight, that would be near the top of my least favorite offseason moves.

It's the "let's get weird" defense that @AlexGreen#20 was talking about.

Play Z more at 3 tech, play Gary at 3 tech in the pressure package. Rush Ngak and Preston from the EDGEs, make crap up as you go. 

I guarantee there will never be such a thing as too many pass rushers. If it was baseball and cap wasn't a thing, I'd pay 6 good ones on my team and my DC could probably come up with a good use for them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5611657

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's the "let's get weird" defense that @AlexGreen#20 was talking about.

Play Z more at 3 tech, play Gary at 3 tech in the pressure package. Rush Ngak and Preston from the EDGEs, make crap up as you go. 

I guarantee there will never be such a thing as too many pass rushers. If it was baseball and cap wasn't a thing, I'd pay 6 good ones on my team and my DC could probably come up with a good use for them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5611657

Not gonna lie, a front five of Smith-Z-Clark-Gary-Ngak would be must watch TV. I don't know how good it would be, but man that would be entertaining lol

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t want to think about getting weird.  Get weird once you’re good, like our Peycho package in 2010.  Don’t get weird when you’re not good like our NASCAR package in 2013-2015.

I loved the psycho package

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t want to think about getting weird.  Get weird once you’re good, like our Peycho package in 2010.  Don’t get weird when you’re not good like our NASCAR package in 2013-2015.

We were good, minus the run. Unless you think a rookie solves the run issue, we can be different or we can be the same.

• Like 1

Fellas?

*For the record, I'd be all over this move. Gives us another option at ILB next to Kirksey on 1st and 2nd down and another EDGE presence in the rush package. Basically replaces/upgrades Goodson and Fackrell in one move. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 3