2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I wouldn't be against seeing what it would cost to get Clay back to play off the ball.

You and Tom Silverstein: "There is an option at ILB for the Packers. Should have re-signed him for that a year ago. Wouldn't be an expensive signing if they can convince him to come back"

Just now, Golfman said:

Based on some of the comments after he left, I don't think he was extremely well liked in the locker room. 

...and I don't think he wants to come back based off of his comments once Gary was drafted...

clay was soft and ran himself out of his gap responsibility more often than i care to watch.

his elite speed went away when got on his big contract (and likely off of PEDs), now he is just a guy getting washed out of plays on a regular basis but no longer making splash plays. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

As a one day retirement signing? Sure

For a guy who hates on Gary so much, I'm surprised by your position here. Matthews had 8 sacks in a starting role for LA last year. Imagine him in a system where he no longer is the focal point, but rather, at best, probably your 3rd best pass rusher on the field with the Smiths... This doesn't even take into consideration his ability to play inside. It's not like he had 2 sacks last year and just looks washed...

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

clay was soft and ran himself out of his gap responsibility more often than i care to watch.

his elite speed went away when got on his big contract (and likely off of PEDs), now he is just a guy getting washed out of plays on a regular basis but no longer making splash plays. 

Neutral on him. Don't care much either way but despite him being 'washed out' he still had 8 sacks last year. At the right cost, he could be a good add for a team.