2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

1 hour ago, Joe said:

and we drafted a dude that looked pretty good in preseason so while we'll bring in JAG's for camp fodder, we're good until next year unless we really want to dial things up and grab JK Dobbins...

Dexter Williams wasn’t anything special 

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Christine Michael - serviceable
Cedric Benson - serviceable
DuJuan Harris - serviceable (not sure if he was a PS guy or street FA)

Pretty sure those were the last 3 occurrences that we used street/PS guys as a starter. 

Cedric Benson? Your definition of 'serviceable' is different than mine. 

What do you guys think about Jakeem Grant for a couple million? We don't currently have a KR on the roster, he'd be an exciting 4th WR, could be a stop loss at starting slot in a worst case scenario or until a rookie could take over and moving on from Ervin would let us draft a mid round RB.

1 minute ago, Jaegybomb said:

What do you guys think about Jakeem Grant for a couple million? We don't currently have a KR on the roster, he'd be an exciting 4th WR, could be a stop loss at starting slot in a worst case scenario or until a rookie could take over and moving on from Ervin would let us draft a mid round RB.

I'd rather just resign Ervin for cheap. This team doesn't need anymore No. 4 WRs, we have 2-3 of them on the roster already. We need a No. 2 guy. At WR it's probably down to Anderson or bust at this point, and I'm overpaying if necessary. 

• Like 1

Is there a list of just street free agents? Guys that were cut rather than had their contract expire?

Bearing in mind our two current free agent signings were cuts means we're currently looking at Bulaga and Martinez netting us compensatory picks.

Historically we're pretty good at getting those picks and it would be interesting to see if there were any obvious candidates from that group.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/heres-why-packers-strike-at-inside-linebacker

“Another agent ended a conversation with Gutekunst believing the GM would either try to make one splash move on offense or make a couple of midpriced signings. Ultimately, with the early signing of Kirksey and addition of right tackle Rick Wagner, the latter wound up being Gutekunst's directio”

On 3/20/2020 at 2:09 PM, Outpost31 said:

No.  I’ve never tried pot before in my life and I won’t until I’m at least 70.  People have told me I should try it, but I won’t.  I’m perfectly okay with occasional cigarettes and alcohol.  Don’t need to add another expense to my life.

Then quit smoking and drinking. Buy weed instead.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/heres-why-packers-strike-at-inside-linebacker

“Another agent ended a conversation with Gutekunst believing the GM would either try to make one splash move on offense or make a couple of midpriced signings. Ultimately, with the early signing of Kirksey and addition of right tackle Rick Wagner, the latter wound up being Gutekunst's directio”

We have cap for both. We've already made plays for Hooper and Sanders in addition to the guys we signed. We currently have room for one bigger signing, i.e. Anderson, or probably two more mid-range/cheaper guys.

Packer still really wanna bring Anderson in. It's just a matter of making the numbers/years work.

If we go into the season for the 2nd straight year without adding a WR in free agency, then that's pretty sad. Aaron isn't what he once was. Give him some help.