2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

The fact that they went 4/4 on their targets last year should tell you all you need to know about the argument.

We missed Sanders this year, that's the first one in awhile I've heard where our interest is genuine and we missed. New Orleans probably offered more for a 33 year old than Gutey was willing to with this draft class.

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Buffalo is literally the exact same type of place as Green Bay.  Oakland offered less. 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Buffalo is literally the exact same type of place as Green Bay.  Oakland offered less. 

Buffalo has more snow and is colder without good golfing, hunting or fishing.   Oakland ... it's in Calfornia ... enough said. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Sure, take 12 too.

Lol you’re absurd.  Carr was better than Rodgers last year with a worse offensive line and worse (somehow) receiving corps.  Better TE though.

Complaining about 70% completion, 7.9 yards per attempt and 4,000 yards and wanting to trade 2 firsts to get 4 less interceptions, 5 more touchdowns, .8 lower completion percentage, nearly a full yard less per attempt, less yards on the year and an extra lost fumble...

I would trade Rodgers and his contract for Carr and his contract plus 19th and 12th overall in a heartbeat.  And so would the Packers if it meant they got out of Aaron’s contract for free.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Buffalo has more snow and is colder without good golfing, hunting or fishing.   Oakland ... it's in Calfornia ... enough said. 

Pretty sure you are incorrect on this point. Especially compared to Green Bay. Not talking about the drive to Koehler either. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol you’re absurd.  Carr was better than Rodgers last year with a worse offensive line and worse (somehow) receiving corps.  Better TE though.

Complaining about 70% completion, 7.9 yards per attempt and 4,000 yards and wanting to trade 2 firsts to get 4 less interceptions, 5 more touchdowns, .8 lower completion percentage, nearly a full yard less per attempt, less yards on the year and an extra lost fumble...

I would trade Rodgers and his contract for Carr and his contract plus 19th and 12th overall in a heartbeat.  And so would the Packers if it meant they got out of Aaron’s contract for free.

Stop box score scouting. Seriously. His 70% is the same reason Bradford had 71% in 2016. Throws 3 yards on 3rd and 10 to the RB or TE. All. The. Time. His 7.9 YPA is because we were 2nd in Yards After Catch. He’s one of the most conservative QBs in the NFL by a country mile. Here’s my write up on Carr from February 5th:

Pros: 

- Tremendous Release, top 5 in the league. 

- Tremendous Arm

- Grade A Short Level Accuracy Under 10 yards (guys open)

- Grade B Medium Level Accuracy 11-20 yards (guys open). 

- Solid A+ No issues type of character. 

Neutral: 

- Slightly above average processing speed.

- Good straight line speed (let’s not mistake this for mobility, agility, extending plays, or escaping pressure though)

Cons:

- Poor situational awareness. Throwing short of the chains on 3rd, well short, throwing away on 4th down, does not get aggressive down two scores. Very content. Multiple coaching staffs. 

- Poor Pocket Presence. Does not have a good feel in the pocket if any defender looks like they are winning even a little bit. He will rush his reads, make a poor decision, or drop the ball off too soon for a minimal gain that will stall the drive whether it causes a 3rd and long or a punt. 

- Panics/Happy Feet Under Pressure. No, not all QBs have this. It’s not in many college scouting reports. That year was just him and Jimmy. And it’s followed both to the NFL. This year you’ll see it in Herberts scouting profile. He uses his feet and abandons footwork way to soon and gets way too paranoid under pressure. Also, with consistent pressure, he loses confidence really quickly. 

- Poor in cold weather. Some QBs have their stuff in cold weather and some don’t. Carr would be a solid in Indy. That whole division is mostly dome/warm weather as long as you don’t meet Tenn in Dec.

- Poor mobility escaping pressure and extending plays. Terrible lateral movement and sense of pressure.  

- Is not able to make anticipation and timing throws. This is crucial at the NFL level, and especially for a west coast offense like Jon Gruden. I do not think Carr belongs in a west coast offense. 

- Will not throw into tight windows. This is because he can’t. This is also completely needed in the NFL in most styles of offenses. There is only a few examples of Carr doing this, one being at the Pro Bowl. Carr is designed for a system that schemes WRs wide open. Musgraves offense was a good fit for him. 

This is also why when our cast doesn’t get monster type separation on plays, Carr just shuts down. Vikings and Jets games, those are on Carr. Guys still have a good step on their man, but Carr is not that type of QB. Against those type of smothering defenses Carr just shuts down completely. It’s much more on Carr than the WRs. 

- Average to Below Average Football IQ. I think Carr is pretty good pre snap and reading coverages pre snap but he gets fooled by disguised coverage easily, which leads to a quick panic drop off, and also fails to recognize the coverage in real time. His brain just doesn’t solve problems that fast (NFL speed fast). 

- Well below average deep accuracy

- One of the very few QBs to not have an alpha personality. He’s sensitive, he’s passive aggressive, and just seems mentally weak. 

I personally don’t think he’s the QB for us but he’s not terrible. I have him ranked around 20-21 out of 32.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, that would be a no brainer to b sure. Unfortunately, I don't think you can eat the salary cap of the other team. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Stop box score scouting. Seriously. His 70% is the same reason Bradford had 71% in 2016. Throws 3 yards on 3rd and 10 to the RB or TE. All. The. Time. His 7.9 YPA is because we were 2nd in Yards After Catch. He’s one of the most conservative QBs in the NFL by a country mile. Here’s my write up on Carr from February 5th

Lol, no you.  You complain about Carr throwing short on 3rd and 10?  Lol.  Rodgers don't throw at all on 3rd and 10.  He don't throw on 4th and 10. 

You don't like Carr because he's conservative boy do I got a surprise for you in Rodgers.

Write up the trade.