2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

9 hours ago, JQ1 said:

I posted this in the "Jimmy Graham thread"  about 10 days ago:

"Green Bay also hasn’t quite given up on James Looney, who as I recall was an athletic prospect for a guy who is pushing 290 pounds. It will be interesting to see how that experiment goes."

Can they get him down to 270 and can he catch? 

14 hours ago, Golfman said:

Pretty sure you are incorrect on this point. Especially compared to Green Bay. Not talking about the drive to Koehler either. 

Don't be a **** ... you know exactly what I meant.  And, you have no clue if they do or don't.

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Like yeah, Rodgers is a better QB.  He didn't prove it last year with a better offensive head coach, a better RB, a better WR, better OL.

Rodgers definitely gives us a better shot at winning the Super Bowl this coming season, but throw in 12th and 19th overall and an okay QB who could do well...

Three first round picks and an okay QB or 1 first round pick, Rodgers and 36 million dollars next year...

Seems simple to me. 

LOL ... hope all you want.

50 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Don't be a **** ... you know exactly what I meant.  And, you have no clue if they do or don't.

Yeah, I kinda do as it used to be my profession. Not as a player, but a club pro. I'm pretty aware of where the great golf course are in all of the US. Green Bay is pretty pedestrian compared to most NFL cities regarding golf tbh.  

Ever hear of Oak Hill? 

But carry on! 

Edited by Golfman

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The fact that they went 4/4 on their targets last year should tell you all you need to know about the argument.

We missed Sanders this year, that's the first one in awhile I've heard where our interest is genuine and we missed. New Orleans probably offered more for a 33 year old than Gutey was willing to with this draft class.

this is a pretty clear whiff twice now on sanders.  In retrospect, I think he would've liked to have offered the 4th or w/e compensation to top SF's offer.  Then you can immediately renegotiate the deal and extend him when you trade.

The Bears are down to about $2.3m in cap space according to Over the Cap. I wonder if Gute is possibly sitting back at this point with the plan to make a play for Robertson-Harris? He's a RFA and a big enough offer sheet may put the Bears in a spot of having to let him walk. He'd be a big addition to the DL. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The Bears are down to about $2.3m in cap space according to Over the Cap. I wonder if Gute is possibly sitting back at this point with the plan to make a play for Robertson-Harris? He's a RFA and a big enough offer sheet may put the Bears in a spot of having to let him walk. He'd be a big addition to the DL. 

Fair thought.  Not sure that offering a sizable contract for Robertson-Harris and giving up a 2nd vs going after a IDL in the FA pool and keeping the 2nd would have been the more prudent play.  Some examples of FA IDL deals that look pretty nice right about now

-- Maliek Collins 1 year $6M

-- Quinton Jefferson 2 years $13.5M

-- Vernon Butler 2 years $15M

--- Gerald McCoy 3 years $18.3M

7 hours ago, Golfman said:

Can they get him down to 270 and can he catch? 

6 hours ago, JQ1 said:

I have no idea and no idea Golf. But they’re keeping him around for some reason.

I bet they're going to try and make him our Alan Ricard...

28 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I find it highly unlikely that Gute will be pursuing a mid tier RFA with a 2nd round tender.