2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

Just now, Pugger said:

Too bad AR didn't see him so open.

For the record, I'm not blaming Rodgers for missing on either of those.  First one he hit Graham for a big gain, second one pressure got to him.  I posted it purely for evidence that maybe we can expect a little something from Jace.

One Tweet or whatever it's called below that it showed him at FB and at TE blocking. 

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

For the record, I'm not blaming Rodgers for missing on either of those.  First one he hit Graham for a big gain, second one pressure got to him.  I posted it purely for evidence that maybe we can expect a little something from Jace.

One Tweet or whatever it's called below that it showed him at FB and at TE blocking. 

Defenders biting on play action isn't the way I want to project a TEs ability to get open. 

Just now, Lodestar said:

I'd love to see some Sternberger videos that aren't those two plays. We don't need a Ben Fennell hype reel to remind us he got open a couple times.

He played 60 snaps on the year in the regular season, was targeted one time, and is credited with the drop. 

He played 39 snaps in the playoffs was targeted 3 times, and caught all three for a total of 15 yards, though one was a TD.

Anybody claiming they're confident in Sternberger to produce is a liar or a homer.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He played 60 snaps on the year in the regular season, was targeted one time, and is credited with the drop. 

He played 39 snaps in the playoffs was targeted 3 times, and caught all three for a total of 15 yards, though one was a TD.

Anybody claiming they're confident in Sternberger to produce is a liar or a homer.

Anyone claiming they're confident in a rookie then is either a liar or a homer then?

That's dumb, sorry.

If you liked him as a prospect, then you should like him still.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyone claiming they're confident in a rookie then is either a liar or a homer then?

That's dumb, sorry.

If you liked him as a prospect, then you should like him still.

I would argue that yes, anybody confident in a rookie starting, is being a homer outside of like the top 3/7 picks. 

Anybody confident in any third round sophomore (who didn't play as a rookie) to produce is ignorant of the mathematics involved. 

Though I should change the above to be, "Anybody claiming they've seen enough from Sternberger (as a Packer) to be confident in him as a starter" is a liar or a homer. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I would argue that yes, anybody confident in a rookie starting, is being a homer outside of like the top 3/7 picks. Anybody confident in any third round sophomore (who didn't play as a rookie) to produce is ignorant of the mathematics involved. Though I should change the above to be, "Anybody claiming they've seen enough from Sternberger (as a Packer) to be confident in him as a starter" is a liar or a homer. 

A "homer, ignorant or a liar"
Damn AG. People are just hopeful. Thats all.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why is "hope" good enough at Tight End when it hasn't been good enough for any other position this off-season?

? I dont know where thats going or why its even necessary. People (some of them at least....) are hopeful Sternberger can step up.
Did he have a solid rookie foundation? No. Injuries cut his season in two and he was a minor contributor thereafter. Nobodies saying different. But do they have to have statistical proof he's going to succeed this year in order to be hopeful he does? Is that the line you're drawing in the sand?

Edited by Leader